Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Yeah, not a good fit for this game. Was following up in the general discussion.

Should've said that vanilla Stalker lets you apply bandages instantly. Mods added animations to make that take time and be way more dangerous, which made the mechanic more interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
This covers non lethal takedowns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeeeOYDlAvY

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Cool, downloading.

Not to beat a dead horse but I always get a kick out of funny patchnotes so:

quote:

Fixed an issue where weapon reload speed perks slowed down reload time.
:lol:

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Did they fix NPCs cowering for the slightest thing in either of the two recent patches?

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

I know I must be only a handful of weirdos who use it, but I'm glad they fixed the charged jump. I knew I wasn't crazy when I went back to play after patch 1.3 and it felt like they neutered it.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Macrame_God posted:

I know I must be only a handful of weirdos who use it, but I'm glad they fixed the charged jump. I knew I wasn't crazy when I went back to play after patch 1.3 and it felt like they neutered it.

Charged jump forever, it's great to just break entirely out of bounds with it.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I never tried charged jump. Mostly because I always punched Fingers.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Fingers is the hero the people need

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Goddamn Razor Hugh is kicking my rear end on this playthrough.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Robobot posted:

I never tried charged jump. Mostly because I always punched Fingers.

Go see him before the quest sends you there. Get the legs. Then punch him when you see him again.

Always punch Fingers.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

lol at these tiny rear end patch notes

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Hulk Smash! posted:

Go see him before the quest sends you there. Get the legs. Then punch him when you see him again.

Always punch Fingers.

I had plans to do that in my second run through, but then I immediately bought double jump from Vic at the beginning of the game and forgot about it.

Maybe when I replay it in a year or two with all the DLC, that I'm assuming will be next to free by the time I get around to it.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Why can’t I ride the trains and buy a gold eye implant???

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Why can’t I ride the trains and buy a gold eye implant???

Game wasn't done yet.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Not that it wouldn't be cool to ride the trains, but my thought when I see one of those in motion is "oh cool, glad they took the extra time and effort to animate those."

I see the rail system and the fact that it's animated as bonus backdrop dressing, not a missing piece of the game.

I'd much rather have better traffic/pedestrian simulation than a rail system because that isn't backdrop, you interact with that all the time.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Wanted trains but we got the bus fast travel.

Really could have saved a bunch of complaints if CDPR just made that trailer you riding the cyberpunk bus.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

Wanted trains but we got the bus fast travel.

Really could have saved a bunch of complaints if CDPR just made that trailer you riding the cyberpunk bus.

authentic cyberpunk future imo

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Taxi-based travel would've been cool too. The night ride with Jackie at the beginning is so well done, super atmospheric and a great intro to the city.

Kinda like the Half-Life rail shuttle intro, which is better in all sorts of ways because it's a linear shooter showing you the places you'll go right at the start of the game. This is an open world showing you the cool environment you're about to be in.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I think the only time in the game you also see the bus is in the ending were keanu reaves gets your body. I'm not sure they ever show buses outside of that because only regular cars drive around night city.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Yeah, you're right. Didn't notice it.

Given how funky some of the existing traffic sim is, maybe bus turning radii are well beyond these NPC's abilities.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Did they change some in-world geometry, or was the polygonic glass roof over that market, with the big statue around, where you also go fetch Johnny's record, always there and I'm having a bout of Alzheimers?

8one6
May 20, 2012

I'm pretty sure it's always been there but to be fair there are like five or six small markets in what are basically isolated pits like that one is and half of them are open to the elements.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
its weird how they licensed SO much music for the radio stations and you will never hear it because driving is mostly pointless

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Relin posted:

its weird how they licensed SO much music for the radio stations and you will never hear it because driving is mostly pointless

I think Cyberpunk 2077 is the first game I've played where I would actually buy the soundtrack, but it doesn't seem to be available.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
so it's just me that enjoyed aimlessly riding around the city in first person w/ the radio on?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Rinkles posted:

so it's just me that enjoyed aimlessly riding around the city in first person w/ the radio on?

I find the FPS driving unusably poor, the people who designed the car interiors have never driven a car, or they are all 4’11. It’s as far removed from real driving as having to turn on a mirror to see your reflection. If I could actually see where the gently caress I was going I wouldn’t use fast travel, but you can’t actually drive around inside your futuristic sports car and look at the city, you can see the dashboard and that’s it.

Also the radio stations feel puny, drive around for an hour and I feel like you start to hear repeats.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I liked the scenes where other characters were driving you around because you actually got to pay attention to the lighting and detail of the world in a relaxed way without some clownshow NPC t-posing in the background or missing your turn because the map is ridiculously zoomed in for whatever reason. There should have been a chauffeur option, what these jokers don't have uber in the future??

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
the camera position wasn't great, but i managed

i loved the interiors and their variety

8one6
May 20, 2012

I made a mistake on my current playthrough: I completed all of the side quests before messing with the main quests. Now I have nothing major to do while I wait for Takemura to call me about the parade job.

On the upside going back to the wraith camp at level 50 and stomping through the place as an unkillable Terminator cyborg god was pretty satisfying.

This game needs some missions to work your way through a megabuilding full of gangoons Dredd/The Raid style.

8one6 fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Sep 17, 2021

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Rinkles posted:

Nope, I do too. Interior visibility could be improved but it’s not nearly as egregious as everyone makes it out to be.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

I liked the scenes where other characters were driving you around because you actually got to pay attention to the lighting and detail of the world in a relaxed way without some clownshow NPC t-posing in the background or missing your turn because the map is ridiculously zoomed in for whatever reason. There should have been a chauffeur option, what these jokers don't have uber in the future??

They specifically give you a self driving car that can't drive you anywhere lol.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Rinkles posted:

the camera position wasn't great, but i managed

i loved the interiors and their variety
I don't know what car you're driving in your pics but with some of my favorite cars - Caliburn and Javelina - the first person perspective is annoying or outright unusable:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Palpek posted:

I don't know what car you're driving in your pics but with some of my favorite cars - Caliburn and Javelina - the first person perspective is annoying or outright unusable:

A few had the camera perspective fixed in the first patch but in general they all still need to go a bit higher still.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I just really don’t understand how anyone, much less what I assume is a team of adults who drive to work every goddamn day, see that and go “oh yeah, no one ever needs to actually see the road while driving”

Like I’m not saying the interiors aren’t really well designed and really cool, it’s just that I should be able to ALSO see where the gently caress I’m going.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Thats about the experience you'll get if you ever drive an american muscle car with a stupidly big V8 in front of you.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Bust Rodd posted:

I just really don’t understand how anyone, much less what I assume is a team of adults who drive to work every goddamn day, see that and go “oh yeah, no one ever needs to actually see the road while driving”

Like I’m not saying the interiors aren’t really well designed and really cool, it’s just that I should be able to ALSO see where the gently caress I’m going.
This bit is actually true-to-life, at least in the US. One of the reasons new cars all have rear-facing cameras now is because sightlines from the driver's seat are getting progressively worse with auto design.

But mostly the game's like this because it was apparently designed around what was cool rather than functional, to the degree that lack of function prevents cool things from being cool, eg:

Sedisp posted:

They specifically give you a self driving car that can't drive you anywhere lol.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

Thats about the experience you'll get if you ever drive an american muscle car with a stupidly big V8 in front of you.

I was about to say, that’s completely the Corvette experience.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Driving to work everyday in Warsaw, especially to Jagiellońska 74 is probably utterly poo poo experience.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Rinkles posted:

chaosapiant posted:

Nope, I do too. Interior visibility could be improved but it’s not nearly as egregious as everyone makes it out to be.

:same:

I can't stand driving in 3rd person and there's a lot of cars where the camera height wasn't a problem. Same for handling.
Driving through Night City with some of the stations on was a blast. The Hella is still my favorite out of the dozen cars my 2nd V has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Motorcycles have pretty good visibility in FPV so that's what I mostly use (doing a no fast travel, no third person, nearly no HUD playthrough currently for maximum immersion). This mod also fixes most of my issues with other vehicles and lets you customize for best results: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2202