Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I guess we were all too exhausted from laughing to start one of these last night.

So here we go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I'm still exhausted. The clownball has drained my life force.
Gotta love the Giants predictably playing for the field goal, then blowing it in the clowniest way possible.
I mean, unless you're a Giants fan. Or maybe even if you are.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I remember when McDonald's used to have that creepy Ronald Mcdonald clown bench you could sit next to and every time I did my dad would always say "But whose the real clown?"

The NFC East is 4 Bozos sitting on that same bench.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Washington just looks like a mediocre team trying to survive with a feisty backup QB. Their pass rush / whole defense is really disappointing so far.

The Giants look like they'd be what everyone thinks of the Jaguars or Texans if they weren't around.

Eagles look like a middling team with good lines, so probably decent unless they get injured.

Cowboys look like a Ferrari with an automatic transmission. So many wrong choices were made to get to this point, but for that one brief moment when the offense is actually healthy, you'll probably nod and go nice

Either way, a huge improvement over where this division was last year.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Hieneke is going to get franchise tagged for treating his receivers like NBA centers.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Washington just looks like a mediocre team trying to survive with a feisty backup QB. Their pass rush / whole defense is really disappointing so far.

This is the part that's surprised me so far, I really thought that pass rush at least was going to be scary.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

This is the part that's surprised me so far, I really thought that pass rush at least was going to be scary.

I thought going into this season they'd be like a lesser version of what Pittsburgh was last year.

lol at ever thinking that.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/1438680937412403202

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i need to see another angle because from that i can't tell if 98 touched his back or not with a feeble sweep with his right hand. If he did, it was right before he stubbed his toe in the dirt, and close enough to be contact for him to be down. If there isn't another angle showing 98 whiffed entirely, it would have to stand.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mr. Nice! posted:

i need to see another angle because from that i can't tell if 98 touched his back or not with a feeble sweep with his right hand. If he did, it was right before he stubbed his toe in the dirt, and close enough to be contact for him to be down. If there isn't another angle showing 98 whiffed entirely, it would have to stand.

Part of the problem for me is even if he was short he was not a full yard short like where they marked him down. That was just a terrible spot on the field before anything else.

I've always been annoyed that they won't fix anything unless it changes the first down status.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol “even Mike was disgusted!”
*reality*
“Wow well that’s their decision I guess”

People so thirsty for tweet likes they literally do or say anything

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lol “even Mike was disgusted!”
*reality*
“Wow well that’s their decision I guess”

People so thirsty for tweet likes they literally do or say anything

The internet WAS a mistake.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean that’s probably as close to disguised you will see on a broadcast

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.

CharlestheHammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dmqGg6Ccvw

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

You sir have no idea what disgusting acts are and how grown mature men such as Joe Buck react to them

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Mike was literally figuratively throwing things around the booth in an uncontrolled white hot burning rage

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Rich Gannon waving a card screaming about the Texans going for two.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I enjoyed Dan Campbell getting really really upset about not winning the coin toss to start the game week 1, and telling all of his coaches about it for some reason even though they probably already knew since the refs had just announced it.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Dan Campbell rules. The last former player HC we had was Ditka, right? History may not repeat itself seeing as it's the Lions, but if it rhymes, coach muscle will sell an entire draft class to draft the next Eric Ebron

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

D-LINK posted:

Dan Campbell rules. The last former player HC we had was Ditka, right? History may not repeat itself seeing as it's the Lions, but if it rhymes, coach muscle will sell an entire draft class to draft the next Eric Ebron

vrabel

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

D-LINK posted:

Rivera?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Is Vrabel a meathead too? Rivera doesn't really fit that mold

Oh yeah Cowher too duh

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Vrabel's most of the way there, but I don't think many are Dan Campbell.

Volunteered to cut his dick off to win a superbowl

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

How soon we forget Singletary literally showing his rear end.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

For the first 3 quarters of that game I was disappointed to have even put it on in the background. But man did the prime time NFCE clownball come through in the clutch. Dropped wide rear end open touchdown, horrendous interception trying to run out the clock, missed field goal with offsides to set up the game winner. It had everything :allears:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

D-LINK posted:

Ha, you've missed a few here. If we're talking long careers as players Vrabel is probably the most recent. But even Kliff Kingsbury got a cup of coffee in the league and I'm sure a bunch of others did too.

:lol: looking this up I just remembered Mike Munchak. Yeah it's not always a good idea to hire a former player for sure. Whew Art Shell. Herm Edwards was at least funny. He's not in the NFL anymore but I want Jim Harbaugh to retire from all coaching so I never have to hear about his weird dumb stuff again.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Ha, you've missed a few here. If we're talking long careers as players Vrabel is probably the most recent. But even Kliff Kingsbury got a cup of coffee in the league and I'm sure a bunch of others did too.

:lol: looking this up I just remembered Mike Munchak. Yeah it's not always a good idea to hire a former player for sure. Whew Art Shell. Herm Edwards was at least funny. He's not in the NFL anymore but I want Jim Harbaugh to retire from all coaching so I never have to hear about his weird dumb stuff again.

Meathead ex-player coaches are great entertainment. Munchak may have sucked as a HC but that man is a wizard OL coach

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Mike Singletary was a legendary NFL coach.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gonna tell my grandkids this was Mike Singletary

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

What about old what's his face who won the eagles a superbowl?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

D-LINK posted:

Among others of recent memory that haven't been mentioned yet:

- Frank Reich was mostly a backup QB for 13 years, but notably lead The Comeback against the Oilers in 1992.
- Sean Payton was a scab QB in 1987 for Ditka's Bears.
- Ken Whisenhunt was a backup TE in the 80s and early 90s.
- Todd Bowles was a starting safety for one of Washington's Super Bowl teams and played 8 years.
- Doug Pederson was a backup QB for 10 years, notably with a few stints behind Brett Favre.
- Jason Garrett was a backup for the Cowboys and Giants through the 90s, and have a few decent appearances in relief of Aikman.
- Leslie Frazier played a few years for the Bears but had a career ending injury in Super Bowl XX.
- Although they never got to play in the NFL, Matt Nagy played 6 years in the Arena league. Jay Gruden was on a few practice squads, but was a highly regarded Arena player winning some championships and MVPs there.

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Sep 17, 2021

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I remember Singletary coaching in the AAF, where in his final game he almost got his garbage-record team to beat the winningest team in the league, only to get a bad call and immediately melt down on the refs so hard he got multiple penalties himself and ended up losing his team the game.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Mega64 posted:

I remember Singletary coaching in the AAF, where in his final game he almost got his garbage-record team to beat the winningest team in the league, only to get a bad call and immediately melt down on the refs so hard he got multiple penalties himself and ended up losing his team the game.

The Letterman Singletary has completely taken over real Singletary in my brain.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Mega64 posted:

That's cooler than being a middle-tier AAF team though

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

fartknocker posted:

Among others of recent memory that haven't been mentioned yet:

- Frank Reich was mostly a backup QB for 13 years, but notably lead The Comeback against the Oilers in 1992.
- Sean Payton was a scab QB in 1987 for Ditka's Bears.
- Ken Whisenhunt was a backup TE in the 80s and early 90s.
- Todd Bowles was a starting safety for one of Washington's Super Bowl teams and played 8 years.
- Doug Pederson was a backup QB for 10 years, notably with a few stints behind Brett Favre.
- Jason Garrett was a backup for the Cowboys and Giants through the 90s, and have a few decent appearances in relief of Aikman.
- Leslie Frazier played a few years for the Bears but had a career ending injury in Super Bowl XX.
- Although they never got to play in the NFL, Matt Nagy played 6 years in the Arena league. Jay Gruden was on a few practice squads, but was a highly regarded Arena player winning some championships and MVPs there.

Anthony Lynn has a superbowl ring as a player

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

a neat cape posted:

David Carr has a Super Bowl ring as a player.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

trying to list another coach who was a player? well david carr sucks. remember that

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Dan Campbell should use telekinesis to win at football.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Gonz posted:

Dan Campbell should use telekinesis to win at football.

I don’t want to see a bunch of players suddenly going down from shattered kneecaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

a neat cape posted:

Jason Garrett has two!