Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Could be a purchase. Could be a decision. Could be a change in your life you didn't plan but still worked out.

Being the materialistic orb that I am I will start this off with my baby:

This is basically the Maybach of electronic bicycles. There are more expensive ones out there but as far as I know it is the top model for bikes you don't even have to pedal to go forward if you don't want to pedal. It may also be the top model when it comes to hybrid bicycles as the more expensive ones I've seen are either hardcore adventure bicycles or basically small motorcycles with ultra-wide tires.

It gets a lot of admiration. But for me it upgraded my life as this machine, which can get me places faster than a taxi would, makes riding through the city feel like flying in free mode like after you die in a game of Counter-Strike. No bike I have ever ridden comes close when it comes to going up or down curbs or even taller things feel like zipping through flat terrain. I feel nothing due to the terrific suspension system. And the smart mid-drive system makes making sharp turns feel effortless and safe. The city is mine!

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Sep 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

byob :unsmith:

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
taking judo has not only improved my fitness and self-confidence but also makes it so that every day of the week is not exactly the same

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Audiobooks: I used to look down on them in a snooty way, but while spending two months on the road a few years ago, they were a life-saver. I now mostly 'read' audiobooks. They're free from the public library, and I can listen to them while working out, doing chores, driving, etc.

High-quality desk chair: my old chair made my rear end bleed and wrecked my back. I got an Embody and it was one of the best investments I've ever made.

Eating fruit for breakfast every day: goodbye constipation.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy
covid-19

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!

cruft

unironically agree

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Having a yard and a garden!!!

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
For sure.

Also, a wire mesh cutlery drawer insert. The plastic one we had before irritated me every time I put cutlery away.

xcheopis

Cats.
Seriously.
Utterly sincere about this.

With a gun for a lover and a shot for the pain inside

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Exercise

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Stoner Sloth

it's good

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
i'll tell you once it improves, op

----------------

French Accent

the idea of a future. although uncertain for the time being, to think that i can get somewhere has filled me with a much better insight on life.

Tiny Myers

say hello to my little friend

A Spotify subscription.

Not as useful as it used to be when I took public transit, but there's really something so nice about being able to browse a ton of high-quality diverse music ad-free without the trouble of downloading mp3s or watching Youtube videos. Really expanded my taste in music and it's really convenient. I like their Discover Weekly playlists too even if they keep recommending me weird poo poo because they lump all music described as "comedy" into one hideously broad genre :mad:

Just because I listen to Weird Al doesn't mean I want to listen to some weird white guy rap about dumb "ironic" misogyny!

Thank you How Wonderful! for the autumn sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

xcheopis posted:

Cats.
Seriously.

i am slowly learning this.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Macnult

Rock climbing.

A few years back my friends and I signed up for memberships at a local climbing gym. It was awesome because not only was it incredibly fun, it also helped me stay in shape/condition for other activities I do throughout the year. Over time our schedules rarely lined up and we weren't able to climb together, but luckily the climbing community is incredibly friendly and welcoming. I'd show up solo with my harness + other gear, look for groups that had an odd number of people, and ask if I could join so that everyone was either belaying or climbing rather than just waiting for their turn.
A lot of good things came from this:
-When COVID hit I cancelled my gym membership but now have a group of friends that climb outdoors regularly. I had never done outdoor climbing before but now I'd take that over a gym any day (although I am excited for when this COVID stuff is over for good).
-One of people I climb with is really into surfing and introduced me to one of my now favorite surf spots.
-Another person I climb with is an avid snowboarder and I met up with her a bunch of times to go ride this past season.
-If I ever find myself in Asheville, NC or Bend, OR I have a place to stay.

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Asheville is a good place to find yourself in.

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
Asheville is a good place for u kno what

Finger Prince

Really been struggling with this one, but I think probably my bicycle. I never saw myself as a "cyclist", but it turns out what I needed was the right bike. It's big and comfy and really well made, and I always feel good having gone for a ride on it. And now I'm probably going to ruin because I'll be living a 15 minute ride from work so will be using it for commuting.

Robot Made of Meat

Dogs.

I mean, I've always really loved dogs, but . . .

Well, things have been not really great for me on and off for some time, but the dogs are always there for me. Even when I'm very pissed off that he won't stop demanding attention, I still love him, and I'm glad he's there for me. He's needy, but sometimes we really need to be needed.

Scritch a dog today. I bet they'll appreciate it.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

a cordless vacuum that charges in its wall dock

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Robot Made of Meat

blaise rascal posted:

a cordless vacuum that charges in its wall dock

You clearly don't have dogs!

(or at least not big ones that shed in truckload lots)

And I'm not just being snarky or glib. I absolutely love my full-size, corded Dysons. But the relatively huge tanks on them fill up FAST. I've sometimes had to empty the tank on the Ball three times while vacuuming one room.

I love Cosmo, but . . .

Robot Made of Meat fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 19, 2021

blaise rascal

true, i have no dog. maybe someday

Robot Made of Meat

blaise rascal posted:

true, i have no dog. maybe someday

Here's hoping!

FutonForensic

xcheopis posted:

Cats.
Seriously.

I probably would not be getting married soon if I hadn't adopted my cat, which really changed up my self-esteem and attitude in a big way. Thanks cat

catapede

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

xcheopis posted:

Cats.
Seriously.

Me and the boyfriend unexpectedly adopted a third cat that was a stray. Her home (a parking lot and somewhat wooded area) was getting demolished, so we felt we were a last chance. This cat, despite being feral, loves belly pets, cuddles, paw rubs, and is super smart. We definitely shouldn't have a 3rd cat (lease), but she's brought a real harmony and balance between the other two cats we already have =3

Cats are super intelligent, social creatures that get a bad rap of being selfish and lovely because people don't understand cats and want them to be something they're not.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Bingo Bango built a little fenced in area in our yard for our dog to run in and it's been great to see him be able to sprint around freely.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Lor

My rice cooker.

It's such a simple thing but if you eat rice more than once a week then it's totally worth it. Perfect rice every time, it's even really forgiving if you mess up the water/rice ratio a little bit. You can set it on a delay so it cooks the rice ready for when you need it and it can keep it warm and delicious for hours.

I used to burn rice maybe 1 out of 20 times, or get undercooked or overcooked rice. Now it's just... perfect every time. I love it. =D

Also a tablet, because I'm like a 5 year old and like to watch videos while laying on the sofa.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Actually, How has improved my life more than I expected.

Zamboni Rodeo

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Elmore.

hot cocoa on the couch

my divorce - i was really gutted by it for a couple years but now i realize that my life has improved in basically every way being single (or at least not in a relationship with my ex). my friends and family were right, there really is light at the end of the tunnel :gbsmith:

https://i.imgur.com/W7qTiB3.mp4

a LEGENDARY sig by the LEGENDARY LAP

blaise rascal

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

my divorce - i was really gutted by it for a couple years but now i realize that my life has improved in basically every way being single (or at least not in a relationship with my ex). my friends and family were right, there really is light at the end of the tunnel :gbsmith:
:yaycloud: :glomp:

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

happy for you friend!

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

I bought a house recently so that's come with a lot of expected and unexpected things. The one that has consistently every day caused an oh yeah moment? Closets.

I haven't lived in a space that had actual closets in years and never ones as big as these. So hampers or minor messy things would just always be out because there would be nowhere to put them. Now? Hamper in the closet. Close that door! Jeans for tomorrow that I also wore the other day. In the closet!

My bedroom is so clean all the time now and it's been way more of a nice boost than I ever expected.

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
skeletons? boom, in the closet. away from the sight of casual observers. until it's too late :twisted:

----------------

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Probably prison

Ugly In The Morning
one of those watches with the fitness tracking. I got an whatever the cheapest apple watch was and holy poo poo it’s done so much for encouraging me to get my activity levels back up.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

Ugly In The Morning posted:

one of those watches with the fitness tracking. I got an whatever the cheapest apple watch was and holy poo poo it’s done so much for encouraging me to get my activity levels back up.

fully gamerfied

----------------