Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Because it was going to until yesterday or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Charles 1998 posted:

Why does OP say its releasing in October?

:dice:

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

They could release it in 2022 for all I care, just give us a good battlefield game please sir

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Charles 1998 posted:

Because I'm loving lazy

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

jisforjosh posted:

Because I'm loving lazy

Well pull your dick out of her and edit the op!

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Charles 1998 posted:

There is way too much gender assumption going on here

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Charles 1998 posted:

Lol drat

Big divorced uncle energy here

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Charles 1998 posted:

Because it was releasing in October until a couple of days ago

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

VulgarandStupid posted:

There is way too much gender assumption going on here

I only assumed their partner's gender, I didn't assume their gender.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

So DICE decided to release the game on the same day as Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker. That’s very unfortunate. Guess I’ll miss some of the launch issues I’m sure will crop up.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Durendal posted:

So DICE decided to release the game on the same day as Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker. That’s very unfortunate. Guess I’ll miss some of the launch issues I’m sure will crop up.

This whole time I was planning on getting a heap of this in before I was lost forever to Endwalker :/

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Just do ea play to get early access on the 12th and then unsubscribe when your mmo takes over your life

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Symetrique posted:

Just do ea play to get early access on the 12th and then unsubscribe when your mmo takes over your life

Battlefield 2042 won't be available on EA play.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Ea play pro gets you the deluxe edition of the game.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Symetrique posted:

Ea play pro gets you the deluxe edition of the game.

Ah, that's a different thing from ea play.

Charles 1998 fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Sep 18, 2021

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

there might be a 10 hour trial for basic ea play like most of EA's other games I assume. they did that for bf1 as well, and more recently madden 22

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82Kz7pxbbk0

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

ethanol posted:

there might be a 10 hour trial for basic ea play like most of EA's other games I assume. they did that for bf1 as well, and more recently madden 22

yeah, this is what i found when i was looking into it to see if it would be included with game pass

South
Apr 9, 2001

I am the highest paid lifeguard in the world. Love me.
Has there been any info on what Hazard Zone is?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Nope.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Something like Dark Zone in The Division. You go in looking for Intel, fight other people and try to extract. Inventories will probably be persistent.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

VulgarandStupid posted:

Something like Dark Zone in The Division. You go in looking for Intel, fight other people and try to extract. Inventories will probably be persistent.

I've heard so many wild theories. I don't even think it will have persistant gear.

I wanna believe it will be amazing and with tons of depth, but it's Battlefield. I doubt it will be anything too crazy for the masses to swallow.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

It’s sounding like Hunt Showdown honestly.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

My guess is warzone clone or some other battle royale thing

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

We've heard enough/consistent leaks to know it's something along the lines of hunt/tarkov/Division dark zone, but we don't know the scale or if there's going to be bots on the map or any of the finer details.

Inspector Hound posted:

My guess is warzone clone or some other battle royale thing

They were very adamant in saying it's not a battle royale, though it sounds like it's closer to a BR in format than it is to the usual BF modes

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I like Hunt a lot, but part of that is due to its aesthetic and weapons/powerset so I doubt I'll be putting any time into BF's version.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 21, 2021

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Whatever it is, it will be the same as Firestorm or whatever that BR was called. A tacked-on mode that they could have left out to focus their development efforts on making a better core game.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Fart Car '97 posted:

We've heard enough/consistent leaks to know it's something along the lines of hunt/tarkov/Division dark zone, but we don't know the scale or if there's going to be bots on the map or any of the finer details.

They were very adamant in saying it's not a battle royale, though it sounds like it's closer to a BR in format than it is to the usual BF modes

Temporyal found indications that there are bots in hazard mode.

https://twitter.com/temporyal/status/1426202935432728577

Hopper posted:

Whatever it is, it will be the same as Firestorm or whatever that BR was called. A tacked-on mode that they could have left out to focus their development efforts on making a better core game.

Possible, but unlikely considering the studio they assigned to make the mode. A mode made by Dice LA/Ripple Effect + Vinny Z is a lot more promising than one made by Criterion.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Even after announcing the delay, Dice/EA are still being super quiet. They could probably do with giving us just a little more gameplay or something. Or, is this some weird marketing trick to get people speculating. Whatever it is, it's kinda dumb.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

henpod posted:

Even after announcing the delay, Dice/EA are still being super quiet. They could probably do with giving us just a little more gameplay or something. Or, is this some weird marketing trick to get people speculating. Whatever it is, it's kinda dumb.

Dice is just poo poo at this stuff, does anyone remember zhinto or whatever the gently caress his name was? Ugh

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Weren't we supposed to get more info on Tarkov Hazard Zone at some point anyway?

Whatever happened to that?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Symetrique posted:

Temporyal found indications that there are bots in hazard mode.

https://twitter.com/temporyal/status/1426202935432728577

Possible, but unlikely considering the studio they assigned to make the mode. A mode made by Dice LA/Ripple Effect + Vinny Z is a lot more promising than one made by Criterion.

I thought Ripple Effect did Portal, not hazard zone?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/temporyal/status/1440282087802621955?s=21

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I really hope they find a middle ground with AT launchers still being useful without being so commonplace that they just shut down everything, but gently caress I'm not optimistic.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Oof hope that pic’s wrong/loadouts gets changed before release. I don’t wanna have to choose between the repair tool or ammo box

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Imma poo poo someone's pants if they shoe horn a goddamn battle royal in this bullshit

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Target Practice posted:

Imma poo poo someone's pants if they shoe horn a goddamn battle royal in this bullshit

The is zero chance of no BR - I bet it drops like next Spring or something after hazard zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
I can't help but notice that "Supply Bag" and "C4" are on different slots.

:getin: