Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR VS SYDAL AND MARTIN 34 27.20%
JADE VS LEGIT 13 10.40%
DARBY VS CHAIRMAN 24 19.20%
COLE VS ELITE HUNTER 49 39.20%
2.0 VS MOX AND KING 5 4.00%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I like big Swole, and Serena deeb. I'd watch a match with both of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SonicRulez posted:

I'm higher on Allie and Penelope than most, but I'm at a point where I'm just not gonna advocate for Swole anymore until her ability to work meets her charisma. Red and Kilynn are both better than her by a margin. Jade's not ready and she's beefing with Nyla. Shida is face and Emi is heel. I really like women's wrestling. I understand people who want more from the division. I think the insistence on a women's tag division in AEW is 99% "WWE has two, so AEW should have one." In a singles tournament, you get Stat, Shida, Ruby, and a couple others who weren't around in the last one and you skip over the ok wrestlers being shoved in. Like I think AEW has 16 decent women's wrestlers. I know for a fact AEW has 8 amazing women's wrestlers.

I am not sure why you are pointing out the fact that Jade and Nyla are beefing and Shida and Emi have opposite alignments when that is the reason I selected them.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

kitten emergency posted:

I think we need to do sabremetrics for wrestling, perhaps a Value Over Replacement Entertainer statistic to see who gets kept and cut

AEW hired the wrestling sabermetrics guy as their first employee so we're unlikely to see VORW ever made public. But in his last stream there was Match Rating Difference, i.e. how much difference a wrestler makes in the publicly available match ratings, unsurprisingly just being in the ring with Kenny Omega should add half a star to your match.

Emi in the CBR went straight for Shida's throat. There's no way they're tagging.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fez_machine posted:

AEW hired the wrestling sabermetrics guy as their first employee so we're unlikely to see VORW ever made public. But in his last stream there was Match Rating Difference, i.e. how much difference a wrestler makes in the publicly available match ratings, unsurprisingly just being in the ring with Kenny Omega should add half a star to your match.

Emi in the CBR went straight for Shida's throat. There's no way they're tagging.

It is very likely we see it but it will be displayed on an Apple II.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

kitten emergency posted:

I think we need to do sabremetrics for wrestling, perhaps a Value Over Replacement Entertainer statistic to see who gets kept and cut

awesome, I've been meaning to drum up some enthusiasm here for vore

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There any reason Eddie's twitter is gone?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

He was getting into it with some people about CHIKARA, said his experience with Quackenbush was good/decent and he never got stiffed on pay and people took that as him defending Quack.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
It's ok to think everyone is a great wrestler. I just don't. There's a level of skill difference between Hikaru Shida and Big Swole. This is like when people tell me Carmella or Liv Morgan are great wrestlers. Ok.

MJeff posted:

People were mentioning a promoter didn't pay talent. Eddie said the lad always paid him. The replies were unkind.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

MJeff posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1439005267191078919

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

MJeff posted:

cancelled, took a big poop at dollywood

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
10pm is too late I am old and a giant baby

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

flatluigi posted:

swole is great and you should watch her 3 falls match she just had with diamante

absolutely zero people care about the fact that wwe has women's tag belts including wwe. people want to see it in aew because they like seeing the women on the roster wrestle and it'd give more reason for them to do so in combination with the singles angles they already have. it's not hard to understand.

The reason the women should have a tag title is because one of AEW's biggest strengths is that they treat tag teams like a big deal, and because there are enough tag teams to form a proper division.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

it's okay I'll stay up so you don't have to

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

explosivo posted:

it's okay I'll stay up so you don't have to

I tell myself that I can just watch the VOD in the morning but VOD wrestling just isn't the same.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I tell myself that I can just watch the VOD in the morning but VOD wrestling just isn't the same.

I mean technically it's VOD for us too, it happened two days ago.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
subs not dubs

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

wait til next week. :(

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!

Orange Carlisle posted:

TK please bring back single elimination 4 or 5 person themed teams PPVs like survivor series but done well

You've got enough stables to fill a whole show and make it a banger from start to finish

How about a Cibernetico? That’s where two large teams face each other in single elimination. If there is more than one member in the winning team, they then face each other to determine the ultimate winner.

AEW has a lot of wrestlers from Chikara and Lucha Libre, who should be familiar with this type of match.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I think Swole's performances are somewhat uneven. Maybe part of her inconsistency is related to Crohn's and the setbacks in training and whatnot it entails.

She can still improve and I think she has over time. Her charisma and presence can mask some of her shortcomings. She also does little things like facial expressions really well.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i hope someone was vlogging the exact minute Eddie got fed up and deleted twitter

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

smarxist posted:

i hope someone was vlogging the exact minute Eddie got fed up and deleted twitter

If Eddie deleted Twitter, he'd be like...the god-king babyface of forever.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Juice Robinson asking Eddie Kingston if he's still on twitter.jpeg

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Watching Cody, on his wife's cooking show.

He is such an adorable daggy dork of a man. It is very wholesome and it warms my heart.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

SonicRulez posted:

I saw that match and have the exact same opinion that I stated. That you would presume I don't watch Big Swole before commenting on her work is ??? to me. I watch Dark and Elevation semi-regularly and went out of that way to see that match after word of mouth about it reached a fever pitch on Twitter. It was ok. Big Swole isn't a great wrestler unless you grade on a curve and I think that's insulting. To say "absolutely zero people" care is kind of a joke to me given how many comments about introducing AEW women's tag belts including bringing in The Iinspiration formerly the Iiconics. There's a straight line at work here. I like seeing the women on the roster wrestle too and forcing another belt into that division isn't the way to do it. I don't know how to explain that "just do stuff" isn't a good way to book that division, but I understand that's a losing argument with most people. I saw Jade and Leyla this week and I think Leyla rules. It was ok. I saw Ruby/Hayter and I like both of them a lot. It was ok too. Statlander/Britt at the PPV was great and I was thrilled to be watching it, but trying to force the division to that level every week is a losing strategy. If Swole is a great wrestler, what is Serena Deeb?
Brother if you're grading on a curve then Swole is One of the best US wrestlers and then there's Japan where even the rookies outclass some veterans from the US

So Swole is a B+ player, an unironic one. She was over on day 1 in AEW and she's a good enough wrestler to be a feature. If you start anyone's training out in Joshi bootcamp (Pick almost any promotion) they're bound to be leaps better than the dire state of US Women's wrestling over the last several years (Between Sara Del Ray's retirement/End of the SHIMMER era and about a year into AEW where the women got REAL good and the good ones got better because they had access to industry vets)

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Dr. Dirt posted:

How about a Cibernetico? That’s where two large teams face each other in single elimination. If there is more than one member in the winning team, they then face each other to determine the ultimate winner.

AEW has a lot of wrestlers from Chikara and Lucha Libre, who should be familiar with this type of match.
Quack took most of his in-ring ideas from other promotions in the first place so lifting them out of CHIKARA is just lifting them out of Lucha/Puro anyway. The only thing he did really well was tie together years of storylines into Infinity War style endings and that all pretty much ended with the BDK anyway

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i like swole and deeb op

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Cody on Shot of Brandi is great. YouTube Cody is the best character in AEW.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/WrestleTix/status/1439027906706038787

Jesus, this is just one day.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

Tampa Bae posted:

Brother if you're grading on a curve then Swole is One of the best US wrestlers and then there's Japan where even the rookies outclass some veterans from the US

So Swole is a B+ player, an unironic one. She was over on day 1 in AEW and she's a good enough wrestler to be a feature. If you start anyone's training out in Joshi bootcamp (Pick almost any promotion) they're bound to be leaps better than the dire state of US Women's wrestling over the last several years (Between Sara Del Ray's retirement/End of the SHIMMER era and about a year into AEW where the women got REAL good and the good ones got better because they had access to industry vets)

I like the statement "it was ok" about 3 different women's matches that people raved about in here, as though "it was ok" was undisputable fact instead of just, like, their opinion, man

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
https://twitter.com/EvilUno/status/1439033370349015045?s=19

Guys you NEED to get in on this twitch stream.

Its loving bonkers. Everybody has been talking like Stone Cold for 10 minutes. It's hilarioua.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

stab posted:

Its loving bonkers. Everybody has been talking like Stone Cold for 10 minutes. It's hilarioua.

10 minutes bad Stone Cold impressions has killed me and somehow raised $6000

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Raeg posted:

10 minutes bad Stone Cold impressions has killed me and somehow raised $6000

With Creed now singing the 3 count theme without missing a goddamn WORD

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

stab posted:

this is giving me the hectic energy i needed before RAMPAGE

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

stab posted:

drat I tuned out after they finished mad verse city to get some dinner and that was like $15k ago lol. This is great.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Is that Dakoter Kai?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

explosivo posted:

drat I tuned out after they finished mad verse city to get some dinner and that was like $15k ago lol. This is great.

*Dakota Kai enters the voice chat*

*14 other people* WHAT? WHAT? STONE COLD

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm gonna watch this poo poo all night after Rampage lol

Also this rules

https://twitter.com/DarbyAllin/status/1438936507058954250/photo/1

Shard fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Sep 18, 2021

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I like the statement "it was ok" about 3 different women's matches that people raved about in here, as though "it was ok" was undisputable fact instead of just, like, their opinion, man
That's fair, it was good for an NA women's match that wasn't a main event (Baker/Rosa Lights Out a Bayley/Sasha match or the NXT Women's matches that headlined)

I think it's kind of important to hype up the above average women's matches in WWE or AEW since they haven't had as much exposure/chance

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Is there anything better to cap off the week than a solid hour of AEW Rampage? Leave your thoughts below.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
A solid two-hours of Rampage live from Arthur Ashe stadium