Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR VS SYDAL AND MARTIN 34 27.20%
JADE VS LEGIT 13 10.40%
DARBY VS CHAIRMAN 24 19.20%
COLE VS ELITE HUNTER 49 39.20%
2.0 VS MOX AND KING 5 4.00%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Rampage was excellent. Not a fan of Jericho on commentary tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oh no he swallowed his keys

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I wish Penta would stop using the Joker gear, it’s my least favorite look for him

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alaois posted:

oh no he swallowed his keys

A shame this jobber couldn't afford a car with push button start because he'd be able to start the car until his stomach acid destroyed the fob.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rantmo posted:

I am pleased to report that Emi Sakura and Lulu Pencil are officially Midwesterners now.
https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1438725171599269888?s=19

Emi tossing the scone (or is this what Americans call biscuits?) from hand to hand dancing in place trying to figure out how to get it to a dish is so great :3:

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

karmicknight posted:

So, when Orange Cassidy ran out, did anyone else see his very big part line and go "you know, maybe they are doing, maybe OC is going to be shaved bald.

I've considered this too, but there's no way OC should ever lose to Matt Hardy.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

The Lord of Hats posted:

I wish Penta would stop using the Joker gear, it’s my least favorite look for him

In a vlog, Alex said he's trying to get Penta to do commander cobra gear

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Artelier posted:

I FORGOT RAMPAGE WAS ON HOW WAS IT

Best wrestling show since Wednesday

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

rantmo posted:

I am pleased to report that Emi Sakura and Lulu Pencil are officially Midwesterners now.

Emi's Tiger Woods-esque fist pump after taking the first bite is great. Like they've finally achieved the impossible by making something so delicious.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Rampage was excellent. Not a fan of Jericho on commentary tho

I thought this was Jericho's best performance on commentary in a long while. He was actually kinda being a babyface and not just making GBS threads on things and wasn't being argumentative like he sometimes is. I thought the booth was excellent all night.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

is this what Americans call biscuits?

Yup!

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

MassRafTer posted:

The PCF does more than that and they also run an event for Doctors Without Borders so I have no idea what this is about or why it is in the AEW thread.

Uno, Adam Cole, Tyler Breeze, Austin Creed and a bunch of other wrestling people just ran a fundraiser for the Canadian Cancer Society.

I think Jericho balancing out the heel tag team of Taz and Starks was fine, but he is a little awkward sometimes. Punk definitely comes off as more modern and natural when he's doing it while Jericho always sounds like he's trying to push some kinda throwback kayfabe narrative or just make poo poo up and it doesn't always mesh with modern wrestling broadcasting.

It's pretty wild that back in December of last year I was surprised how consistent Dynamite was becoming and now we're at the point where Dynamite and Rampage were both great shows with some remarkable matches the week after a PPV and the week before a 4 hour special "TV pay per view event" coming next week.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
biscuits are good af

biscuits and gravy, or make a little sandwich out of em, or even just on their own

i mean id recommend making em from scratch over pillsbury ofc but drat i love a good biscuit

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

shiksa posted:

biscuits are good af

biscuits and gravy, or make a little sandwich out of em, or even just on their own

i mean id recommend making em from scratch over pillsbury ofc but drat i love a good biscuit

Ain't nothing better than fresh, hot biscuits and gravy straight out of your mama's kitchen. :swoon:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Biscuits and gravy made me a man.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
why is it only biscuits and gravy in that context for yanks but cookies all the other times

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Lid posted:

why is it only biscuits and gravy in that context for yanks but cookies all the other times

we call nothing savory cookies, cookies are sweet only

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm going to make biscuits and gravy Sunday morning. :allears:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lid posted:

do you think the biscuits we're talking about right now, the biscuits that emi and lulu made, the biscuits in biscuits and gravy, are british english biscuits and not american english biscuits, and that the only time we ever call cookies "biscuits" is when there's gravy on them

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

we call nothing savory cookies, cookies are sweet only

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

do you think we're putting gravy on like, shortbread cookies??????

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Alaois posted:

I would try this at least one time.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I would try this at least one time.

depends on the gravy tbh

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Alaois posted:

yes

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
That episode of Rampage was super fun to watch. Wrestling is so cool in 2021.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I think it’s weird that they’re having Anna face Penelope next week instead of just doing the tag match on their super card. Other than that quibble, good show tonight and I’m looking forward to the next one.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I think it’s weird that they’re having Anna face Penelope next week instead of just doing the tag match on their super card. Other than that quibble, good show tonight and I’m looking forward to the next one.
TayJay vs. Superbad Bunny makes a lot of sense for Rochester, was my thought.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pylons posted:

TayJay vs. Superbad Bunny street fight makes a lot of sense for Rochester, was my thought.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

TayJay vs. Superbad Bunny makes a lot of sense for Rochester, was my thought.

Yeah, that tracks. I am assuming there’s going to be some kind of angle coming out of the women’s title match as well to get more of the roster on the show. Two women’s singles matches seems thin for a week with a bonus hour.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I'm still reeling over the Ruby/Britt promo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

as i lay on the ground, i watched rampage develop. i remember hearing the commentary define the far reaches of the events as they played out before me, drenching me. this was the first time i experienced true wrestling. i guess you could say that was my baptism.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
And yeah those are biscuits. They're salty and buttery although Lulu added jam or jelly to one and that's fine. Kinda like the British scone thing.

Cookies are strictly sugary and sweet here.

gently caress, now I want biscuits for breakfast tomorrow.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

American biscuits just look like bread. What makes them so good on their own?

Anyway I did not watch Rampage yet because I was drunk sleeping and missed it. Now I’m hanging out with grandma. Gonna be a long while until I can watch it ugh

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

a cyborg mug posted:

Anyway I did not watch Rampage yet because I was drunk sleeping and missed it. Now I’m hanging out with grandma. Gonna be a long while until I can watch it ugh

it's like a piece of bread that's Special

like a muffin kinda

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm still reeling over the Ruby/Britt promo
It was one of the best promos of the year and Ruby really held her own with one of the best talkers on the roster. I hope BPJ was taking notes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I hope BPJ was taking notes.

"....have sex with Adam Cole...... get fired..... change my name..... oh man this is gonna work out great!"

Seriously though, that promo-off was great, Britt and Ruby looked like they wanted to murder each other by the end of it :hellyeah:

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

a cyborg mug posted:

theyre like a puff pastry you dont fold a bunch

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Rampage was good. All the matches were fun, some exciting stuff got set up, the Britt/Ruby promo kicked rear end, Sammy is gonna be TNT champ and it's about drat time. My only negatives are no PiP during Anna/Bunny and the annoujncers underselling Matt attacking a fan. But overall, a very fun hour

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

aew wednesday night biscuit. aew biscuit, on friday night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh sorry, I didn't mean to talk about wrestling in the biscuits thread