Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit
It’s been a long journey but well I think it’s almost time to roll over to 100,000. We are at 99 130 right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
pity reply

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit
And here’s to many more IMO

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit
The front right tire has a slow leak. Good thing I have one of those jumper packs that has a pump. Otherwise I would be spending a pretty penny just to keep the tire inflated

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Never really understood the point of an Odometer. I've got one, and every so often I'll scan it over my Deep Space 9 boxset, get a reading of "1" and wonder why I bothered.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

What capitalist dystopia makes you pay to inflate your tyres?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

epic 2012 username posted:

It’s been a long journey but well I think it’s almost time to roll over to 100,000. We are at 99 130 right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNgCGIBrK9A&t=29s

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

my current car is simultaneously the oldest car and lowest mileage car i've ever owned lol

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Been there OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBKADqV0tec

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I was at a stoplight today and looked at my odometer which read 230230. I'm not a loving idiot so I get the transmission serviced, replace the timing belt and water pump at the regular interval, keep my fluid levels right and don't crash into/onto poo poo. That little fucker is gonna make it to 330330.

Oh no my high mileage car has sixty thousand miles, it will die any day now! I guess I should go lease a new Acura.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Jaguars! posted:

Costco fills mine for free.

PBUC

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit

Chief McHeath posted:

I was at a stoplight today and looked at my odometer which read 230230. I'm not a loving idiot so I get the transmission serviced, replace the timing belt and water pump at the regular interval, keep my fluid levels right and don't crash into/onto poo poo. That little fucker is gonna make it to 330330.

Oh no my high mileage car has sixty thousand miles, it will die any day now! I guess I should go lease a new Acura.

That’s a long haul Op! congratulations!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I never owned a car with less than 100,000 miles on it OP :(

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I hope you make it, that rules.

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

This was my first car with less than 100,000 miles on it 0P. It clocked in at about 80 something when I got it

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I had a 96 Nissan Maxima that was handed down to me by my parents when I was 18 and I didn't get rid of that car until it had over 220,000 miles.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

sigher posted:

I hope you make it, that rules.

My uncle has a Nissan Frontier pickup with 380k+ on it! Just like poopin and tuggin, keep it regular or you won't be.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Jaguars! posted:

It goes to charity, I'm disgusted every time those sick kids shake me down.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
everything is about to start to rattle in your vehicle OP

also all teh rubber gaskets will soon crack and die

its about to get fun is what im saying

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

My balls bout 2 roll over ur face

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Had a first-gen Toyota Tacoma for 16 years that just hit 164,000 miles on it before someone decided to turn left in front of me without looking first.

The drivetrain was just breaking in on that thing :(

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Soon you won't have to change the oil op because you can just add more as it leaks out

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Are you gonna cum when it happens?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

My balls bout 2 roll over ur face

*not a part of manufacturers warranty

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Neither and I hope never to. Cars are junk after about 2005 imo, preferably you want an updated version of something designed in the eighties.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
When I took my used car for its first MOT the odometer reading went from 60,000 to 600,000. Fortunately it didn't matter and it decreased back down to 65,000 the next year as I do not actually drive half a million miles per year

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Mine is about to roll over 400,000 soon

Diesel, manual, japanese.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just walk brah

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

my odometer has been telling me to suck and gently caress for the last 3,000 miles. my mechanic refuses to respond to my emails. im at a loss here if any car people know what the heck is going on here please call me.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

my odometer has been telling me to suck and gently caress for the last 3,000 miles. my mechanic refuses to respond to my emails. im at a loss here if any car people know what the heck is going on here please call me.

have you tried sucking and loving?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

Well I would suck 3000 miles
And I would gently caress 3000 more

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

this is hardly a 'joke' and i was hoping gbs might take care care more seriously in 2021 but if i have to post in automotive insanity im ready. grow up rear end holes.

bikesonyx
Oct 9, 2014

The front right tire has a slow leak. Good thing I have one of those jumper packs that has a pump. Otherwise I would be spending a pretty penny just to keep the tire inflated

Every mechanic hates you

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
My dad's 2003 Toyota Camry has 830,000 miles on it and it still runs fine

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

My dad's 2003 Toyota Camry has 830,000 miles on it and it still runs fine

is he the first owner? if thats true he should literally get in contact with toyota because theres business to be had there

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

is he the first owner? if thats true he should literally get in contact with toyota because theres business to be had there

Nope, he bought it used for $5,000 in like 2010.

I'm gonna tell him what you said though! My father in law had a Toyota Higlander that made it to 650k so I figured it wasn't that uncommon

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Also a Toyota here. And my parents bought a mazda 626 new in 1997, still using it today. Has got 420k km on the odometer +

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
I’ve got somewhere just shy of 320,000 on my 2000 Echo.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

My car hit 69420 while a mechanic had it on the road checking an issue out and he pulled over and took a picture for me :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Analog odometers were cool and the digital ones take all the fun out of it