Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR VS SYDAL AND MARTIN 34 27.20%
JADE VS LEGIT 13 10.40%
DARBY VS CHAIRMAN 24 19.20%
COLE VS ELITE HUNTER 49 39.20%
2.0 VS MOX AND KING 5 4.00%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Also Eddie is the funniest color commentator (he's on Elevation)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

There was a good time he was on dynamite and started telling everyone else about the time he stabbed someone with a pencil and the rest of the booth were like wtf

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

smarxist posted:

on the Ethan veelog we learn that Bowens first gimmick in the industry was inspired by the green power ranger :kimchi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAVU_10vxbs

That gear is even dorkier, because I'm pretty sure the trunks are based on the white Power Ranger from one of the later Disney-era seasons.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I am currently baking a small tube of Pillsbury biscuits because of Emi Sakura. She will always be a face to me for this.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Quantum of Phallus posted:

eddie was literally willing to DIE to save his bff jon moxley from the exploding barbed wire deathmatch ring that kenny omega trapped them in. he is the ultimate babyface, a god on the mic, great in the ring, a cool unique look. the full package

Amen. Like Cameo said: the Mad King has a great talent at connecting to fans around the ring that most people would kill for; Naturally and as effortlessly as I could take down a box of Timbits. He’s also got a great mind for wrestling and will be a great backstage talent when he hangs it up for good. Tony giving King a new lease on wrestling life is yet another AEW feel good story that got my loyalty at least. To our new friend: welcome. Read about Brodie Lee if you want to experience a bittersweet symphony. Really surprisingly positive fed that somehow wants to make all wrassling fun and good. I don’t know if professional wrestling ever had a territory or fed like this before.

Mox and the King as best friends from the wrong side of the tracks is always a great gimmick; especially and probably because of all the real behind it.They can be face, tweener or heel and it don’t change much: they want respect, some drinks and to gently caress poo poo up. They don’t have to have the belt but when they come for it then you know poo poo will get real. I still want Eddie to have the gold one day as he’s earned it.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I desperately want to hear Eddie Kingston do the St. Crispin's Day speech from Henry V, though I worry that if he actually performed that speech it would lead to a shoot invasion of France.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
One final thing about Eddie Kingston before I shut up, last year AEW tragically lost a member of their roster in December and at the following show which was done in tribute Eddie gave an incredibly passionate speech backstage to all the rookies to encourage them to move forward. Fortunately it was caught on camera for one of AEW's backstage vlogs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BKUOJGyTc0&t=226s

This is the moment that confirmed him as the soul of AEW imo. Kenny and the Bucks and Cody may be represent the company as EVPs but Eddie represents the locker room.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Maybe the finest Eddie moment:

The Mad King, after the Brodie Tribute Dynamite ended posted:

“We did that tonight, we made that man proud. So this doesn’t end tonight. This does not end tonight! As long as this company’s around or if I’m around and all the rest of you will be here, we’re going to do that every time, and we’re going to make him proud, and we’re going to make proud of everyone we’ve ever loving lost, because that’s our art. That’s what we do. Don’t forget tonight, use this. Take this energy… yeah it’s negative now, but make it positive, and tell everyone you love them. Don’t be like our fathers… took my old man 55 loving years to say he loves me. I love each and everyone of you, do understand that, because you put your bodies on the line. I love all of you, stay and be with each other. God drat it, Brodie, my motherfucker got me talking to everyone… but listen, we’re going to get past this together, we’re going to be stronger than anything. Tonight showed it, how strong we are. We fought through tears, we fought through everything, we put on, probably the greatest tribute show I’ve ever seen in my life, and we’re going to carry it. Let’s carry it, and let’s do it.”

This is a man with zero filter between his heart and his mouth.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Cameo posted:

Maybe the finest Eddie moment:

This is a man with zero filter between his heart and his mouth.

You coulda just clicked my linked video :colbert:

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Rarity posted:

You coulda just clicked my linked video :colbert:

I was too busy transcribing the speech on my phone to notice it was posted :shobon:

Then I googled “Eddie Kingston Brodie speech” and it turned out someone else already had.

Lesson learned, kids: type how a robot would say something into Google and realize someone else already did what you’re doing

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Eddie Kingston honorable mention goes to a segment that was promoted as “Eddie Kingston addresses his enemies” that starts with him cutting a promo on God.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Rarity posted:

One final thing about Eddie Kingston before I shut up, last year AEW tragically lost a member of their roster in December and at the following show which was done in tribute Eddie gave an incredibly passionate speech backstage to all the rookies to encourage them to move forward. Fortunately it was caught on camera for one of AEW's backstage vlogs:

This is the moment that confirmed him as the soul of AEW imo. Kenny and the Bucks and Cody may be represent the company as EVPs but Eddie represents the locker room.

goddamn

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Eddie Kingston honorable mention goes to a segment that was promoted as “Eddie Kingston addresses his enemies” that starts with him cutting a promo on God.

"Eddie Kingston addresses his enemies" is the best advertised name for a segment ever.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I hope everybody is following this Adam Cole & Britt Baker thread on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/adamcolepro/status/1439703038650892290?s=21

https://twitter.com/adamcolepro/status/1439709305779937283?s=21

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Toxic boyfriend Adam Cole. You hate to see it.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
When you try to take off your dog's collar but it gets caught up on the scruff

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Rarity posted:

To this day I don't think I've seen wrestling be more beautiful than the tributes to Brodie Lee.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Never forget that time Eddie Kingston addressed his enemies and number one on the list was God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX9gZOyXLiw

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
It may sound crazy, but I think this Eddie Kingston fellow is good.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!
One of my favorite Eddie Kingston moments was when he came out and as part of his promo mentioned being on TNT, and said "They know drama, right?"

Which was a big nod and wink to an old TNT marketing slogan, "TNT: We Know Drama".

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
because my carb intake was way too low today I'm eating two circuits and four (FOUR) waffles for dinner

+ poached eggs

+Greek yogurt

i didn't miss the Biscuit Discourse did i

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o690FN3vfDw

this is my favorite eddie promo because it drips sincerity and showcases what makes him really special with a mic in his hand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezycxm08AMw

my other favorite eddie promo

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 20, 2021

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

Almost 10 years since this banger as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1AGjIQKxNE

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Thanks for the crash course on Eddie Kingston. From just seeing his match on All Out I didn't get a sense of what he's about, but now I know he's one to watch.

What's a "Canadian Cod"? :v:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Britt acting totally oblivious about the Cole-Tony beef is such a good wrinkle. It's cool if they go at each other as long as you keep getting adulation from both sides

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

WhiteHowler posted:

Thanks for the crash course on Eddie Kingston. From just seeing his match on All Out I didn't get a sense of what he's about, but now I know he's one to watch.

The joke, of course, being that Eddie Kingston is a beloved promo guy which (as you noted) does not mesh with AEW's PPV formatting. :v:

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Anyone think there's a chance of AEW getting picked up by a broadcast TV channel when they get their next TV deal? I don't think it will happen but it would be good for them if it did.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

fatherofmustard posted:

Anyone think there's a chance of AEW getting picked up by a broadcast TV channel when they get their next TV deal? I don't think it will happen but it would be good for them if it did.

If I was WWE, I'd be real concerned about Fox talking to AEW once the Turner deal is up for renewal. (I think Tony's more likely to stick with Turner/Warner if they're amenable, but talking to Fox to help improve the size of the renewal is definitely something I could see.)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!
Watch Chuckie T say "poo poo" on broadcast TV after Fox jettisons WWE for AEW

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

If they can maintain their current ratings (or even continue to grow) they'd be absolutely insane to not at least entertain offers.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Watch Chuckie T say "poo poo" on broadcast TV after Fox jettisons WWE for AEW

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

smarxist posted:

on the Ethan veelog we learn that Bowens first gimmick in the industry was inspired by the green power ranger :kimchi:

And he's a huge Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad and now I hope I can get him to watch SSSS.Gridman and Dynazenon.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Eddie is pretty much the realest dude and he has never been told that wrestling is actually fake.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

fatherofmustard posted:

This is how you get doomed to ESPN +

Elephant Ambush posted:

We talked about it a dozen pages back or so (not that I'd expect you to read back that far) but AEW has only had 2 or 3 total DQ finishes and that one single "Dusty finish" during the Jericho/MJF match in their entire existence. They heavily avoid the WCW run-in/DQ/shmoz garbage and it's one of the things I respect the most about their product.

There was that truly awful run in finish to the Kris Stat/Shida match where the nightmare collective came out and devoured the ending which was made even worse by Kris going back to her home planet for surgery for a million years immediately after.

Also for all the sconeheads out there: biscuits are soft not hard, have twice as much leavening, and lots of saturated fat.

There was a good section in the eddie kingston AEW unrestricted podcast episode where he said for his own promos everything he says about himself is 100% true, everything he says about his opponent is "whatever, depends on the guy".

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

This is old, but I've only been watching AEW since CM Punk and so I'm sure many are new too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szQrFuTQ6gI

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Testekill posted:

Eddie is pretty much the realest dude and he has never been told that wrestling is actually fake.

He watched NOAH and AJPW. It isn't fake to him

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

smarxist posted:

I am all in on Anthony Bowens now, dude got choked up over getting to acquire a toy he had/wanted as a kid that I had, and got really choked up about it.

:unsmith: it me

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Abadon is one of a kind and her character work and makeup are great every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Does anyone have a link to the Lee Moriarty tattoo guys Twitter?