Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The Hawks won't win a goddamn thing this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Seahawks have looked real bad on offense for 2 weeks outside of long bombs. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a team score so much on long plays that couldn’t do anything else.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
KING HENRY AND JULIO SAID WE AINT LOSING

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Well that looked exactly like the sort of game the Seahawks lose early in the season to, say, a Phillip Rivers-led Chargers

Lotta issues to work out. At least the team isn't too high on its own supply? Hope Shell is okay.

e. Thinking about this more, going to be really interesting to see what the Titans changed on defense at half. Seattle had just mowed them down in a two minute drill and, outside of a blown coverage, did nothing after that.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 20, 2021

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

:siren:

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1439744233724841986

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1045479419869986816?s=19

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Titans had another garbage first half, but despite all the poo poo going against us (losing two O-Line starters, the dumb Julio TD reversal, our terrible coverage leading to two easy touchdowns from Russ) we actually rallied in the second half and finally became the team we've been the past 1.5 seasons, and even the defense did a good job besides the blown coverage. I still think we should've gone for two instead of play for OT, but we ended up winning despite our own incompetence and in loving Seattle so I'll take it.

We've still got a ton of issues and we're far from a realistic Super Bowl contender but there's a lot more to be optimistic about after this game. Henry still loving owns, Julio looked good, Tannehill didn't die despite taking a hundred tackles, and our defense is just bad instead of bottom of the barrel.

I think we're good to repeat in the division (mostly because lol AFC South) and may luck into winning a playoff game, but once we face a team like the Chiefs or the Browns we're toast. Hopefully things keep improving in the meantime.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Goes from white guys fighting to black guy tries to break it up and white people all take issue. Yep that's ohio.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Nope we're definitely contenders

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Julio Jones 6 catches 128 yards 0 Tds*

Derrick Henry 35 carries 182 rushing yards 3 Tds 6 catches 55 receiving yards

*he had a touchdown but nfl catch rules rng overturned it

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers have the #1 defense in the NFL and will likely keep that next week unless David Mills lights them up.

They're treating Sam Darnold like a rookie and that's fine. Playcalling was overall terrible today. No idea why you're running the clock out with CMC, to say nothing about the dives into the middle of the line which New Orleans was selling out against. Still garbage in the red zone. Hopefully the injuries to Irving and Eiflein clear the way for Brown and Christensen.

Probably still a 8 or 9 win team, but definitely could see them snagging a WC birth.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/WWLTV/status/1439657626367926272?s=19

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
the bengals suck rear end. they’re really bad

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

a patagonian cavy posted:

the bengals suck rear end. they’re really bad
Sure if you look at the available metrics/stats and watch the games

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Atlanta's offensive line is absolutely brutal. If Matt Ryan dies, they won't win a game. Even if he lives, they still may not win a game.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

mike edwards had two pick sixes that fuckin rules

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kidcoelacanth posted:

mike edwards had two pick sixes that fuckin rules

In the span of 4 minutes.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kirios posted:

Tyrod Taylor's officially declared out for Thursday's game against the Panthers.

Which means we get to see a third round rookie's first start on a short week.

It's going to be an absolute bloodbath.

You have....another option......

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

...Nice?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

A good option imo

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
gently caress

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Browns did really good too lose a lead to the chiefs. They're totally still contenders

Ravens beat the chiefs :thunk:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Ray Lewis big dick energy on that entrance won the Ravens the game, prove me wrong

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
A good Sunday of football

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Pretty terrible way to lose, but what are you going to do (besides hold on to the ball of course)

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
The AFC is wide open

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Pay Lamar Jackson why has this taken so long

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1439792387748876288

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's justin fields time, it's over for you hos

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

I crap on Harbaugh a lot, but great coaching here. No asterisks. We punt that ball, we lose.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This is how you get a tremendous amount of respect towards your head coach. It's why John has been there forever and why everyone in that locker room loves him.

He's a hell of a head coach.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I’ll tell you who has the lost season, and it’s the Kansas City Chefs

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

You love to see it.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The yin to the yang that is PUNT THIS BALL! NORV!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Mr. September no longer. Mahomes has thrown an interception and lost a football game in the first month of Autumn.

Now he has nothing.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Mr. September no longer. Mahomes has thrown an interception and lost a football game in the first month of Autumn.

Now he has nothing.

He is weak, exposed. There is blood in the water. Soon the feast will begin….

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

I crap on Harbaugh a lot, but great coaching here. No asterisks. We punt that ball, we lose.

I know it’s Mahomes, but they had a minute with no timeouts. You probably had a 60/40 shot at winning if Ravens punted.

But…. Put the ball in your best players hands when the game is on the line. Seattle taught us this.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

But...why not leave it in the hands of Lamar Jackson? The best player on the field not named Patrick Mahomes?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Kirios posted:

But...why not leave it in the hands of Lamar Jackson? The best player on the field not named Patrick Mahomes?

He didn’t have his third quarter power up poop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I know it’s Mahomes, but they had a minute with no timeouts. You probably had a 60/40 shot at winning if Ravens punted.

Absolutely false.