Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Doing the post Ultima time-filler quests in the MSQ and man this must have been dire if flying mounts weren't around then before the expansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

angerbeet posted:

Doing the post Ultima time-filler quests in the MSQ and man this must have been dire if flying mounts weren't around then before the expansion.

You couldn't fly at all in ARR zones until patch 5.3, last year.

It was rough!

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

angerbeet posted:

No flying, no trimming/pruning pass on the content. There are a great many players who just tapped out during the great 2.x filter.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Any guides to healers for me, the guy who's played MMOs but never healed them before? I found one on The Salted or whatever but it's 54 pages long and opens by talking about server ticks

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Jinnigan posted:

Any guides to healers for me, the guy who's played MMOs but never healed them before? I found one on The Salted or whatever but it's 54 pages long and opens by talking about server ticks

Heal the tank when their health gets low, heal others when they need it. Your job is to keep them alive, not at full health. I guess throw out and Esuna to clear status effects when needed. Do damage when not healing. Anything more than that will depend on what healer you're playing, ie: if playing Conjurer/White Mage don't use Cure I after you've unlocked Cure II.

It gets more complicated situationally, but healing in this game isn't really complicated. Sounds like you found a guide for endgame bullshit or whatever.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Jinnigan posted:

People are going to die on you if you heal long enough. Sometimes it's going to be your fault. That's okay. The penalties for dying in this game are a joke. Just cast swiftcast and raise the person and heal them up as quick as you can.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Healing is mostly not too tough. Just focus on doing damage and healing people when their HP gets too low (don't waste time healing them when they're above 50% during regular dungeon content, that's time you could be spending on damage).

For most of my playtime the only real stress on healing is
1. If your tank is pulling big in a dungeon where the gear breakpoints mean that's actually a little risky if they're not properly using mitigation or if the DPS isn't doing their job right. If the tank dies because of this, it's probably not your fault at all, don't sweat it and just say "Sorry, smaller pulls please".

2. Rare dungeons or bosses that have instakill mechanics, meaning that if you mess it up your group is stuck with no healer. There's no real way out of this under than "stand next to someone who looks like they know what they're doing".
Either way, I recommend going into most dungeons and trials blind. More fun that way.

Even if you screw up, if there's a Summoner or Red Mage on the team they can still resurrect people, so you're not screwed. Certainly early dungeons can practically get by without a healer on some bosses.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
And while we talk about "hey healers should DPS", that's not just the community talking about some sort of theoretical ideal, it is literally the point of the 1-30 conjurer questline and actually part of the lore, which is great. Beyond that, someone is going to perform just as well as 100% health as they will at 30% health, the latter just means they're in risk of dying from a big hit. There's no damage bonuses for keeping people topped off, so don't try to do it.

Healing requirements on low level dungeons are very low; the only wrinkle is going to be if there's stuff you need to Esuna off folks (the first probable point for this is Toto-rak, where there's a lot of poison). If you're leveling Scholar, your fairy will literally provide 95% of the healing you need for anything up through the late 20s dungeons without you needing to do a drat thing.

As with anything you're doing for the first few times in this game, please speak up in your first few runs and go "Hey, I'm new to healing, please be patient".

Also, there's hall of the novice tests for healers just like with dps and tanks, so give those a look.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Veotax posted:

Heal the tank when their health gets low, heal others when they need it. Your job is to keep them alive, not at full health. I guess throw out and Esuna to clear status effects when needed. Do damage when not healing. Anything more than that will depend on what healer you're playing, ie: if playing Conjurer/White Mage don't use Cure I after you've unlocked Cure II.

It gets more complicated situationally, but healing in this game isn't really complicated. Sounds like you found a guide for endgame bullshit or whatever.

if it's on the balance, it's definitely for endgame bullshit

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

CottonWolf posted:

Jesse Cox (noted former history teacher) has done a FFXIV lore video. And IMO, it's really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaQ__5ZBwBc

Quoting from the main thread but this video is really good and a possible candidate for the op. Gives a really strong background on the geography and history of the game.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Jinnigan posted:

lots of good general advice in this video (name notwithstanding)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osvUOqeDwD0

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Was slacking off a bit from playing FF14, but I logged in last week and saw there was another event going for FF15. I wanted to get the car mount, but the requirements for it is to finish the MSQ. The event ends October 18, so I don't know if I'm going to make it in time.

I'm in sort of a weird spot: the next quest I have to complete is Meeting with the Resistance (which is a Level 26 quest), but I'm at Level 35, I guess from doing a bunch of side-quests and whatnot, so I've opted for the coins they give you instead of the actual gear rewards. Tonight I went to one of the shops in Ul'dah to buy some new gear closer to my level, because I tried doing the Black Mage quest out in the desert, but I couldn't take the enemies out fast enough; I could take out the fallen troops from afar before opening the fissure with the gremlins in it, but I couldn't dispatch the gremlin in time before the fallen troops respawned, so I had to run away, else I'd get killed. I haven't tested the new gear I bought yet, though. The staff I bought says it has a faster spell speed, and my main annoyance has been how long it takes for you to cast a spell before you can cast another. I dunno how fast you can get the spell speed, though.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

You can shave a few tenths of a second off, which doesn't seem like much but over a bunch of casts it adds up. At higher levels you can get your GCD down below 2.5s which is when the real cheese begins.

Also don't forget to take time out at least once a week to do your Gold Saucer Challenge Logs, you'll need MGP to buy the car.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Kwyndig posted:

Also don't forget to take time out at least once a week to do your Gold Saucer Challenge Logs, you'll need MGP to buy the car.

This is the key point here. You have a month to actually reach the level and plot progression to do the FF15 event, but make sure you work on getting MGP from fashion report/the challenge log/etc along the way so if you do get the quests done you don't find yourself unable to actually afford the car and other rewards.

Also while skill and spell speed are good substats up to certain thresholds, don't expect dramatic results at lower levels, and make sure the main weapon priority remains weapon damage/item level.

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?
To add on to the mgp chat earlier, I didn't see it mentioned, but do Wonderous Tales too, in Idylshire from khloe. It's easy to fill out over the course of the week and one matched line is 30k mgp, two lines is 100k mgp. If you get mega lucky, 3 lines matched is 1 million.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Warrior Princess posted:

To add on to the mgp chat earlier, I didn't see it mentioned, but do Wonderous Tales too, in Idylshire from khloe. It's easy to fill out over the course of the week and one matched line is 30k mgp, two lines is 100k mgp. If you get mega lucky, 3 lines matched is 1 million.

3 lines matched is a mount that sells for tens of millions of gil. Don't waste it on MGP.

Flytitle
Nov 12, 2012
It can also be a high end (crafted tier) coat with more then the normal number of materia slots, so depending on when in the gear cycle it is, it might also be a pricy bit of kit for the highrollers.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Jinnigan posted:

SaltedXIV is specifically for raiding, and you really don't need to care about raid optimization nonsense yet. Random healer tips, in some sort of order of importance:

Healing In General
- Always be casting. It's more important that you're constantly casting A Spell than that you always cast the Perfect & Correct Spell. If nothing needs healing, throw rocks. If something needs healing, heal. Don't worry too much about which spells you use for this initially, and feel free to play defensively as long as you're not just pumping heals into a full health target.
- Mana efficiency can generally be ignored if you get in the habit of using Lucid Dreaming as soon as it is available, plus the various job-specific mana recovery abilities. Prefer the spells with the biggest healing numbers, not the ones that are cheap. This said: mana can occasionally be an issue at lower levels, before you have the aforementioned job-specific recovery abilities.
- Try to get comfortable with how you weave in the various off-GCD Abilities between on-GCD Spells as soon as you can use them for effect. You don't want to use too many oGCDs in a row. You can weave two oGCDs after instant Spells, and one oGCD in after a 1.5s Spell. In two months all the healer nukes will be 1.5s casts, but right now that's just the case for AST. For SCH, weave using Ruin 2. For WHM, either weave using Regen or the Afflatus spells or just clip a single oGCD after a nuke.
- FF14 very rarely has fast or random damage. You will have time to let your heal over times actually heal over time after people are damaged, so try not to panic. Rule-proving exception: tanks in dungeons take a ton of damage very fast when wall-pulling, especially at low levels (you still want to put your heal-over-times on them because they heal more than your direct heals per cast).
- Area heals have a pretty small radius (typically 15y) and will not reach most people if you stand at max nuke distance. Get in the habit of staying near melee. Swear at and/or Rescue people who do stay at max nuke distance at the other side of the boss from you all the time.
- Dispellable debuffs have a blue bar above the icon. After ARR they're usually only on abilities that are important to Esuna ASAP. ARR still has a bunch of tiny poison dots that you should just let expire. Do dispel stuff like Paralysis and especially Doom, though.

Healing In Dungeons
- On trash, focus on keeping the tank alive and doing as much damage as you dare. You should not need to heal DPS on trash outside of weird outlier mechanics. If they take damage from marked aoes then then it's probably because they can handle it themselves.
- On bosses, DPS might actually take damage but the tank will take much less. Make sure that you have enemy cast bars somewhere nice and visible. If you don't recognize the name of an ability then odds are it's either a tankbuster or a groupwide and you want to try to remember which it was next time.
- You can and should put hots & shields on the tank as they start running through packs. Doing so will sometimes mean you draw aggro from some of the mobs. Stay on top of the tank as they run and when they stop so they can get the mobs back. If you take some melee damage doing this, great! That's less healing you ultimately need to do on the tank.
- You typically don't want to resurrect people out of combat if they do die. It's rare that the healer stopping for an 8 second cast to raise a DPS with a weakness debuff is preferable to just that DPS just releasing without that debuff and then taking the teleporter back, running from the last checkpoint, or getting teleported into the boss arena. This is especially the case in alliance raids.

More specific and niche stuff, by job.

WHM
- Area heal priority: Asylum & Afflatus Rapture > Medica 2 > Cure 3 (but note the tiny aoe size) > Medica 1.
- Single target heal priority: Divine Benison, Tetragrammaton & Afflatus Solace > Regen > Cure 2.
- Assize is a DPS ability that does some incidental healing, use it on cooldown unless you're about to get extra targets for more damage.
- Intentionally let tanks drop low and use Benediction for efficiency. Don't save it for a rainy day. Learn to enjoy the occasional Bene into Superbolide with GNBs.
- 4x Glare or 4x Holy is more damage than 3x Afflatus + 1x Misery. Sitting at the lily cap is expected when there is little incoming damage.
- Use your Afflatus spells between packs in dungeons and during untargetable phases on bosses to build up to Misery when there's nothing else to cast.
- Use the Asylum heal-over-time zone on tanks in dungeons.

SCH
- Area heal priority: Whispering Dawn > Fey Blessing > Sacred Soil (at L78+) & Indomitability > Succor.
- Single target heal priority: Aetherpact > Excogitation > Lustrate > Adloquium.
- Favor using Aetherflow on heals over damage. Start weaving in Energy Drain when Aetherflow is coming off cooldown while you still have pips left to burn.
- Whispering Dawn is still useful for tanks on big pulls in dungeons.
- Sacred Soil heals for more than Indomitability does when Soil gets its heal-over-time component at 78, but like most ground target heals you're going to find that people are very bad at standing in it.
- Recitation's crit effect works on Excogitation, and is in fact usually the best way to use it.
- Dissipation is quite weak. Use it if you know there won't be any damage for the fairy to heal for a while, but don't worry too much.
- Emergency Tactics is good for Doom mechanics where you have to heal people from 0 to full quickly. Otherwise you generally prefer the shields.
- While less important than it used to be it's sometimes still a good idea to manually place your fairy in the middle of the group. A Place/Heel macro can be useful
code:
/micon "place" pet
/pac heel
/pac place
Using it gives you the Place targeting circle, and canceling the Place action makes the pet revert to Heel instead.

AST
- Area heal priority: Earthly Star > Celestial Opposition > Collective Unconscious > Aspected Helios > Helios.
- Single target heal priority: Essential Dignity & Celestial Intersection > Aspected Benefic > Benefic 2.
- Prefer Diurnal (heal-over-time) Sect in most situations. It does considerably more healing than Nocturnal, and shields aren't very useful outside of Extreme+. Your hots stack with WHM hots. If there are 2 ASTs then one should be in Nocturnal.
- Don't worry about using your cards on the perfect person at first, worry about using your cards on cooldown. Getting used to doing Malefic > Draw > Malefic > Play on someone without breaking stride as soon as Draw is available is more important than always using the right arcanum on the right job and always getting maxed out Divinations.
- Earthly Star does very little damage and a whole lot of healing so unlike a WHM's Assize you usually don't want to use it on cooldown. Foul language and Rescue are still useful for people who refuse to stand in it.
- Generally you don't channel Collective Unconscious, you just press the button and immediately cancel to "flash" it in order to apply the hot (or reduction).
- Synastry only applies to single-target GCD heals. It's sometimes useful to get 40% more numbers from casting Benefic on a tank, but niche.

Xerophyte fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Sep 20, 2021

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Sunday Morning posted:

Quoting from the main thread but this video is really good and a possible candidate for the op. Gives a really strong background on the geography and history of the game.

Done.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Max Wilco posted:

I'm in sort of a weird spot: the next quest I have to complete is Meeting with the Resistance (which is a Level 26 quest), but I'm at Level 35, I guess from doing a bunch of side-quests and whatnot, so I've opted for the coins they give you instead of the actual gear rewards. Tonight I went to one of the shops in Ul'dah to buy some new gear closer to my level, because I tried doing the Black Mage quest out in the desert, but I couldn't take the enemies out fast enough; I could take out the fallen troops from afar before opening the fissure with the gremlins in it, but I couldn't dispatch the gremlin in time before the fallen troops respawned, so I had to run away, else I'd get killed. I haven't tested the new gear I bought yet, though. The staff I bought says it has a faster spell speed, and my main annoyance has been how long it takes for you to cast a spell before you can cast another. I dunno how fast you can get the spell speed, though.
Are you using your sleep spell?

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

bewilderment posted:

Healing is mostly not too tough. Just focus on doing damage and healing people when their HP gets too low (don't waste time healing them when they're above 50% during regular dungeon content, that's time you could be spending on damage).

I don't know, I find it's probably the most involved job when you factor in everything. You are expected to do damage, keep everyone alive and also have to watch out for environmental factors and boss stuff. I've been mainly playing White Mage and it's very reactive with a huge amount of situational tools. I tried a few DPS jobs yesterday and can't believe how chill it is by comparison. Machinist and Red Mage are super fun and not too stressful so I might just play those going forward and only dip into White Mage when I'm tired of sitting in queue.

DPS queues are no joke, instant pop queues for my white mage 24/7 and easily 10-20m for any DPS job. I really need to find a tank/healer to queue with sometime.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Xerophyte posted:

- At L78+, use the Asylum heal-over-time zone on tanks in dungeons.

Why wait until 78? I use it all the time since I got it, it's totally free healing as long as you have a spot to weave it in.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
You're expected to do damage as a healer yeah, but no one really cares if you're at 20% or 100% optimal and I doubt anyone would even notice.

I personally find dps a lot more stressful since I'm trying to be that 100%.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

acumen posted:

You're expected to do damage as a healer yeah, but no one really cares if you're at 20% or 100% optimal and I doubt anyone would even notice.

I personally find dps a lot more stressful since I'm trying to be that 100%.

Yeah, weirdly I find healing and tanking to be more chill, now that I've gotten over the inherent anxiety of the roles. The main thing that determines how fast you finish something is the DPS speed, a tank and healer can only contribute a little bit to that. I can be doing my rotation perfectly as a paladin, but it's not gonna stack up to a middling samurai. Meanwhile, when I'm playing samurai, I want to be doing it perfectly, so I can help finish the duty faster!

This is why I can never use DPS meters, it would just make me too anxious to actually know how bad I am :v:

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

Nibble posted:

Why wait until 78? I use it all the time since I got it, it's totally free healing as long as you have a spot to weave it in.

Sure, if you can weave it after Aero/Dia or the like then feel free. It's just a very weak spell until it gains the giant hot at 78 and as a WHM you have limited opportunities to weave.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Xerophyte posted:

Sure, if you can weave it after Aero/Dia or the like then feel free. It's just a very weak spell until it gains the giant hot at 78 and as a WHM you have limited opportunities to weave.

Wait, doesn't Asylum have the HoT from the beginning? The trait at 78 gives +10% healing recieved, I think.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Begemot posted:

Yeah, weirdly I find healing and tanking to be more chill, now that I've gotten over the inherent anxiety of the roles. The main thing that determines how fast you finish something is the DPS speed, a tank and healer can only contribute a little bit to that. I can be doing my rotation perfectly as a paladin, but it's not gonna stack up to a middling samurai. Meanwhile, when I'm playing samurai, I want to be doing it perfectly, so I can help finish the duty faster!

This is why I can never use DPS meters, it would just make me too anxious to actually know how bad I am :v:

I don't use meters either but I do parse. In other games I'd just stare at the meters all the time. So in FFXIV to keep myself from looking at meters, I don't render them. I'll just check after the content or play session is over to see how I did. If I did really well or really poorly I'll chuck the log into ffxivanalyze, and a robot will give me suggestions on how I can improve, or tell me what I did right to get good number.

Emnity meter functions well enough to let you see how you're doing compared to the other people in the duty. If you're consistently at #7 emnity as a DPS then there's probably some gear improvements or rotation improvements you can make!

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

Roluth posted:

Wait, doesn't Asylum have the HoT from the beginning? The trait at 78 gives +10% healing recieved, I think.

So it does! Not sure why I had that backwards, I guess I confused it with Sacred Soil at some point. My bad.

SoulChicken
Sep 19, 2003

mek it fuhnki
I just arrived Ishgard for the first time today, it felt pretty epic as that teased me almost a decade ago when I was playing 1.0. lovely music.

Also spent the day in Gold Saucer, I loved it, very chill.

I'll get to sorting out my controller HUD and get my teeth into RDM and Heavensward next!

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Frida Call Me posted:

I don't use meters either but I do parse. In other games I'd just stare at the meters all the time. So in FFXIV to keep myself from looking at meters, I don't render them. I'll just check after the content or play session is over to see how I did. If I did really well or really poorly I'll chuck the log into ffxivanalyze, and a robot will give me suggestions on how I can improve, or tell me what I did right to get good number.

Emnity meter functions well enough to let you see how you're doing compared to the other people in the duty. If you're consistently at #7 emnity as a DPS then there's probably some gear improvements or rotation improvements you can make!

Yeah this is good advice. I do keep the meter UI visible but it's very minimalistic to the point where it's basically just a cleaner version of the baked in threat meter.

Checking your parser after the raid or whatever is very helpful though, yeah. Even if you're not worried about drifting a few extra seconds or missing a gcd or something it's a great tool to at least see how much of your overall damage each ability does and what to focus on hitting until you're executing your rotation perfectly.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

SoulChicken posted:

I'll get to sorting out my controller HUD and get my teeth into RDM and Heavensward next!

Enjoy! And don't hesitate to ask if there's ever UI or cross hotbar layout examples you want to look at.

SoulChicken
Sep 19, 2003

mek it fuhnki

Tortolia posted:

Enjoy! And don't hesitate to ask if there's ever UI or cross hotbar layout examples you want to look at.

YES please. I have found it so tricky because each YouTube video had THEIR definitive version which always seems to have some wierd part. I'm honestly finding playing FFXIV a delight this time around, like all my dreams as a 1.0 refugee and first few BC turn survivor have come true. I haven't even tried ocean fishing yet, it might reduce me to tears. Fishing on the boat in FFXI with my lushangs is still my happy place. I'm sure there aren't pirates or sea horrors that can cause you to level down now.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ocean fishing is totally chill since fishing is its own job. All the pirates are on your side and you can't fish up monsters.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
I mean you can fish up some pretty freaky stuff but they’ll go in your bag with the rest of the Mora Mora.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Do fish ever start to desynthesize into anything aside from sand?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Regalingualius posted:

A few ARR fish desynth into bathing suits which is dark as hell but hilarious. You also get crystals and clusters and some other miscellaneous goodies but mainly sand.

SoulChicken posted:

YES please. I have found it so tricky because each YouTube video had THEIR definitive version which always seems to have some wierd part. I'm honestly finding playing FFXIV a delight this time around, like all my dreams as a 1.0 refugee and first few BC turn survivor have come true. I haven't even tried ocean fishing yet, it might reduce me to tears. Fishing on the boat in FFXI with my lushangs is still my happy place. I'm sure there aren't pirates or sea horrors that can cause you to level down now.

Sure, just post particular jobs you want examples for and we can help. There's some jobs I'm happy with sharing and others I crowbarred together while leveling from beast dailies and really should not be an example to anyone.

Edit: I posted some of my UI shots earlier in the thread, https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3973448&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=2#post517022261 - they have Paladin bars as the example but it's an example of my overall layout in a few scenarios.

Tortolia fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 20, 2021

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Regalingualius posted:

Sand is always the default but some fish desynth into more useful things (the Assassin Fry pet is only obtained via desynth, for example)

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

adhuin posted:

Yeah. Using either shift/ctrl or just a gamepad seems to be the most common.

I prefer using macros to swap between single-target and AOE setups to fit relevant buttons near wasd. :haw:

This is from a few days ago but I'm really glad you posted this because it's a pretty great idea!

And since I'm posting, I'm curious if there's any quirks around item level syncing. I have a full set of Shire gear for my Blue mage, and I know eventually I'll want to do the raids for the morbol mount, but I don't know if it's fine to just upgrade to the Level 70 poetics set and use those.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Celebrity Ghost posted:

This is from a few days ago but I'm really glad you posted this because it's a pretty great idea!

I'm happy that it helped somebody.

It doesn't work with every job though.
Dancers dance moves are currently attached to 4 single-target attacks.
Luckily that's going to change, when Endwalker gets released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

So some jobs (e.g., scholar, paladin) give you one set of level-50 blue gear at level 50 and then a box containing a complete set of level-90 blue gear, with a warning that the second set doesn't work in dungeons and other instanced content. What's the point of this? Do I have to maintain two gear sets and then switch to the lower one before I start a dungeon?