Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

CapnAndy posted:

The Emmys moving Limited Series to last is looking real dumb in retrospect. Gee, I wonder if Mare of Easttown is gonna win after winning literally everything else in Limted Series, what suspense.
Look at this dumb idiot and how wrong he is all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I just happened to put on BBC America for a second, Edge of Tomorrow was on, and it appears that they baked motion interpolation into the feed. Is this going to be the next step in BBC-A loving with their broadcasts? They already screw up their sound mix so bad that it's hard to enjoy anything airing on the channel.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

whos that broooown posted:

loving Hamilton wins over 846 and Inside. Can't say i'm surprised, but still dumb as hell.

Hamilton was so bad.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
After all this time I still haven’t return to Hamilton after the intermission. Maybe one day?

Inside got robbed.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Just wait for them to fart out a feature film! :unsmigghh:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Just wait for them to fart out a feature film! :unsmigghh:

At least it can't be as bad a Dear Evan Hansen where the guy who is supposed to be a teenager looks like he's 30.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Cojawfee posted:

At least it can't be as bad a Dear Evan Hansen where the guy who is supposed to be a teenager looks like he's 30.

Yeah, I thought they got the original Broadway actor, and de aged him in a way that made Henry Cavill's moustache look invisible.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Yeah, I thought they got the original Broadway actor, and de aged him in a way that made Henry Cavill's moustache look invisible.

I think they said that some theatrical releases will have him de-aged and the bluray will have him de-aged. But why? Just get a teenager to do it. Using people from the original cast works for something like The Producers, because they are all adults and don't look much older after a few years. It doesn't work when the main actor has obviously aged.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The main kid from Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift looks like he's 40 and nobody complained

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mu Zeta posted:

The main kid from Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift looks like he's 40 and nobody complained
The best thing was that he was like 24 when Tokyo Drift came out and couldn't pass for a teenager then, but then he came back for Furious 7 when he was like 33 and he was still supposed to be playing a teenager :lol:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I love Hamilton but it winning over Inside or American Utopia is BULLSHIT but at least it wasn’t the Friends reunion

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

LionArcher posted:

Billions continues to be brilliant and underrated.

I feel like it's a shadow of its former self. The dialogue has become increasingly weird, with every character speaking in the same way.
I will finish the season but it feels very repetitive at this point, but at least they finally managed to make Bobby terrible enough that not even Damian Lewis' charisma can make him likeable.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If Kim and Jimmy don't end up together and happy I'm going to personally kick Vince Gilligans rear end.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Gaius Marius posted:

If Kim and Jimmy don't end up together and happy I'm going to personally kick Vince Gilligans rear end.
Better get your rear end kicking shoes on then..

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

dude one of my favourite jokes every is just dennis in it's always sunny saying

of course i could flit the mental switch on all of my friends

i could, but i won't

it's ridiculous

but i probably will

heh heh heh

will you sit down please, he's always sucking on my pens

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bull3964 posted:

I just happened to put on BBC America for a second, Edge of Tomorrow was on, and it appears that they baked motion interpolation into the feed. Is this going to be the next step in BBC-A loving with their broadcasts? They already screw up their sound mix so bad that it's hard to enjoy anything airing on the channel.

What's that precious

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
why is BBC America a sci-fi genre channel and not purely british shows wtf

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Aardvark! posted:

Gotta stick TNG re-runs somewhere.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Aardvark! posted:

Heh, I just looked at today's schedule and it's star trek of various flavors until 8pm, then the dukes of hazzard movie followed by tommy boy

:wtc:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It does a fairly accurate job of recreating the 90s where I'd turn on the TV, of which there were 3 channels in English, and I'd go 'ugh, Star Trek'. It's strange they base an entire channel around this, but hey.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Azhais posted:

Heh, I just looked at today's schedule and it's star trek of various flavors until 8pm, then the dukes of hazzard movie followed by tommy boy

:wtc:

It actually makes sense if you are a British person living in the US and want to know what our popular culture is like, plus get to see slices of Americana with those two movies.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

swickles posted:

Gotta stick TNG re-runs somewhere.

Someone doesn't get H&I over the air.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

What is H&l?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Heroes & Icons

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Hi all you TVIV gen-chatters. Just putting out a quick note to say it's nearly time for the next series of Taskmaster! It's a fantastic UK panel show which should be available to an international audience through their youtube channel. The premise: five comedians have completed a series of tasks in secret, ranging from the seemingly simple to the fiendishly frustrating. Each week they reconvene to see how their attempts compare, and to have them judged, scorned and ranked by The Taskmaster. Even if you've never hear of the contestants going in, as the series builds week-on-week towards the final you quickly get to know them.

Here's a quick clip to reel you in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND65-5z5dbg

If you're interested, please come join us in the Taskmaster thread. Also one cheeky request if any mods are reading - could we get the title of that thread changed to Taskmaster S12 - an imbalance in the poppability please? Many thanks.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So, so excited for this season, mainly because of Victoria Coren Mitchell. She’s fantastic, even if her Only Connect opening monologues get more deranged every year

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I can't remember if there's a live audience this year?

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

EL BROMANCE posted:

I can't remember if there's a live audience this year?

Series 12 is still a remote audience, but it should be the last one. The series they are recording during this month (Champion of Champions II and Series 13) see the welcome return of the live audience.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ah, looking forward to that as I'm wondering if the lack of audience is connected to my slight waning enthusiasm for the show.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
She was wearing a red wig on OC tonight, half of Twitter is convinced it’s because of Taskmaster.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
She wore sunglasses the other week too, definitely seems TM-related

Only Connect is a great show if you want to feel like a god drat loving moron idiot for the first 3 rounds and then suddenly switch to feeling like a genius in the significantly easier final round. I enjoy it a ton

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I'd never even heard of Only Connect but this show seems really tough, watching one on YouTube. I love that it's so focused on the game, though.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Aardvark! posted:

I'd never even heard of Only Connect but this show seems really tough, watching one on YouTube. I love that it's so focused on the game, though.

You can watch a whole series and never make it into double figures and feel like the biggest doofus in the galaxy. Then the stars align and you manage 25 points solo and feel like you’ve ascended to some kind of godhood, before slamming back down to Earth again as normal service is resumed the following week.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There was a sequence one like 4 weeks ago where it was basically doing the idiom “a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush” and I think it’s the hardest one I’ve ever gotten and I felt like an actual big brained superhero for about 15 seconds

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

LionArcher posted:

I like it because it’s showing at this point the corrosive nature of all of capitalism, but not in the obnoxious way that’s Succession does to make people feel better that the ruling class are all idiots. One of the things that makes Chuck interesting and incredibly annoying, is how he’s constantly talking like he’s auditioning to be a modern-day Hamilton. But the truth is, I know a lot of extremely well educated academic elite types that talk in a similar manner, and that think they are the superior ones to the those they “protect” and or “rule over”.

The flipside is the ruthless but far more common approach that Axes and the others take. As the seasons have gone on, everybody has become less likable, in this last episode alone sort of shows that anyone in that orbit basically becomes tainted by the obsession with capitalism. In fact, the only reason Axe is likable again is because he’s finally admitted he has feelings for someone that is a good pairing for him.

On the same side, Taylor who’s been an anchor of morality until recently has lost it, but the underlings people around them are finally painting a clear picture that all of its bad. Really, it’s taking a much more realistic view of the entire system while not overdoing it.

I would say it needs one more season and then ends though. It can’t keep going too much further.

Again, didn't like the show to even watch more than a few episodes, but it felt like a glorification of capitalism to me. Which makes sense, since Andrew Ross Sorkin is one of the EP's, and he's generally known as a toadie for anyone who has a net worth above 1 billion

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
How's Godless?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I just realized that all those jokes the nanny makes about old tv shows are self referential to characters the cast used to play way back when.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Season Finale of Reservation Dogs loving ruled, drat. Especially the last scene.

I guess it got renewed for season 2 as well. :hellyeah:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The costumes and makeup look so goofy in American Crime Story Impeachment that it feels like I'm watching an SNL sketch. Every character is so cartoonishly annoying and scheming and unsympathetic that the awful hair pieces must be intentional. Bill Clinton looks loving weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Edmond Dantes posted:

How's Godless?

Serviceable but isn't going to blow your socks off.