Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

KakerMix posted:

Absolutely don't look into it yourself, go strictly off of goonsay even if it's in the opposite direction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

Sankara posted:

Tried the legendary $1.50 hot dog combo today. Shockingly large hot dog, to be honest!

I don't know, it seems pretty small to me :smug:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Woodsy Owl posted:

I don't know, it seems pretty small to me :smug:

All you really need is enough to fill the buns up, and it’s more than adequate for that.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

LadyPictureShow posted:

Guys, I need a dang office chair. Which of Costco's offerings do you recommend?

The only one I've personally been comfortable in is the leather executive one that they haven't sold in years; it was the only one with an actually tall back instead of the lovely mid-back chairs that are so common.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

KakerMix posted:

Absolutely don't look into it yourself, go strictly off of goonsay even if it's in the opposite direction

I'll take your suggestion

with a grain of salt :haw:

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

LadyPictureShow posted:

Guys, I need a dang office chair. Which of Costco's offerings do you recommend?

I have the Costco office mesh chair and it's adequate. I wish the armrests had an adjustable width so I could make them narrower. I'm short and still need to use a foot rest on the lowest setting.

I don't think there's an adjustable tilt tension so it's kind of annoying to me when I want to lean back but still be supported and I end up sitting like this:

I think I bought it for around $200 and it's fine for that price range. I've had it for 3-4-ish years now and it's held up.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I have one of the mesh office chairs Costco offered for $100 a few years ago (I think it may have been on sale at the time). I like it a lot. The mesh is breathable, the armrests are hinged (not that I ever move them), and my only complaint is the same as a previous poster mentioned that it began to squeak like crazy. Some lithium grease in the reclining mechanism about a year ago put that to rest and it's been squeak-free since.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
Has anyone gotten the microwave popcorn lately? I bought a box when my store first opened a couple of years ago and despite it saying it was movie theater butter, I found it to be quite dry and had a funky aftertaste. Not sure if I had a bad batch or what, but I wound up giving the rest to my nephew who'll eat just about anything.

Did I just get a bad batch, or is it one of those unusual things at the Church that just isn't good?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Yeah the popcorn is pretty mediocre, not very salty or buttery. I guess its healthier? At least that's what I tell myself as I slowly work my way through 40 bags

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
As a heads up, when I went on Tuesday I couldn’t find Rao’s Marinara anymore. They seem to have replaced it with something called Cleveland’s Own Little Italy Pasta Sauce. I looked it up and apparently it’s not very good; it’s just some mediocre marinara also sold as “New York’s Own” or “America’s Own” depending on the region.

To head off the “lol Cleveland” comments - I’ve only visited the city once under less than ideal circumstances (someone was at the Cleveland Clinic) but I did dine at a nice Italian place.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Renegret posted:

The Costco chair I have is fine but creaks like a motherfucker. Not great since I work graveyard from home and it wakes the family up if I'm not careful.

How does one go about finding an office liquidation?

Same. The chair is fine, much better than the cheap Office Depot chair I had before, but it creaks just as much if not more.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

david_a posted:

As a heads up, when I went on Tuesday I couldn’t find Rao’s Marinara anymore. They seem to have replaced it with something called Cleveland’s Own Little Italy Pasta Sauce. I looked it up and apparently it’s not very good; it’s just some mediocre marinara also sold as “New York’s Own” or “America’s Own” depending on the region.

To head off the “lol Cleveland” comments - I’ve only visited the city once under less than ideal circumstances (someone was at the Cleveland Clinic) but I did dine at a nice Italian place.

My local Costco still has the Rao's sauce. Check back in a week or two, maybe they're just currently out of stock and will get it back in. The Rao's marinara sauce sells very well at Costco so I doubt they would just stop carrying it.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I just saw Rao's Marinara and I think it was an Alfredo sauce at mine the other day. They move it around on the outer wall area and sometimes in the regular aisles though so maybe look around a bit or ask someone.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i got those boba brown sugar bar things was a little skeptical at first but yeah, theyre drat good. always worried to try something totally new like that from costco but it does not disappoint and will be no problem to finish all 12 that it came with

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Bumble Dong posted:

I have the Costco mesh chair off of recommendation from this thread and hate it. Only Costco purchase I regret

:same: it fucken squeaks like mad when I barely adjust my posture and I'm no chonky ur-Goonlord.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Yeah same. Costco office chair no good. Next stop will either be steelcase or something for me, too.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Picked up the Kitchenaid food processor today ($69.99!) to replace the old-rear end Hamilton Beach that I’ve had for years and always hated, excited to try this one out! Also got a whole bunch of staples (has anyone else been having trouble finding the full flat of canned tomatoes? It’s only been 6 or 8 packs lately, and a different brand), including the Nongshim tonkatsu flavor which I love, although I always dress it up with whatever I have in the house. Highly recommend fresh ginger, lime juice, an egg, and a handful of the frozen stir fry blend. Mr. Music got some new work pants he really likes, and I was thrilled to finally, FINALLY, find a plain black zip up hoodie for $19.99. I’ve been looking on and off for months in other stores and it is drat near impossible to find a high quality one for less than $75, which is insane to me. PBUC.

Our friend drove us there and we experienced a true Costco Miracle: almost the instant we turned into the parking lot, she got a flat. We pulled over to the tire center, she paid ~150 for the only tire they had that would fit her car, and they had it changed before we were even done shopping. Plus I’ll get that sweet sweet Executive cash back. Verily, we were blessed this day.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Hell yeah!

When I went this week I noticed they stock D.O.P. San Marzano tomatoes so I picked up a three pack. Then I dropped it on the way onto the house. So I've been eating tomato versions of everything. Tomato pho, tomato eggs, tomato enchiladas. I think it's actually improved every dish too. PBUC

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Soul Dentist posted:

Hell yeah!

When I went this week I noticed they stock D.O.P. San Marzano tomatoes so I picked up a three pack. Then I dropped it on the way onto the house. So I've been eating tomato versions of everything. Tomato pho, tomato eggs, tomato enchiladas. I think it's actually improved every dish too. PBUC

Yesss, this is the way.

I bought 5 three-packs and we are making Sunday sauce this weekend to can back. I also picked up the mild AND spicy Italian sausage and it doesn't suck. PBUC

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Saw a woman just buy like 6 Beervent Calendars. Absolute legend

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Are those any good? I was thinking about getting one for my dad.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I haven’t had one I really enjoyed because for every good beer you get about 4 weirdo one off quadruple ipa sours or some dumb poo poo.

E: this is other beer advents not Costco ones

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

priznat posted:

I haven’t had one I really enjoyed because for every good beer you get about 4 weirdo one off quadruple ipa sours or some dumb poo poo.

E: this is other beer advents not Costco ones

Unfortunately the Costco ones are like that too.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I've never gotten one can't say

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

NewFatMike posted:

Are those any good? I was thinking about getting one for my dad.

all of the fake* advent calendars in 2021 aren't even accurate because advent is longer than 24 days this year loooool

*they're fake because the entire point of advent is to wait for the big present you get at the end of it. the tradition of having little candies in them is to hold the interest of small children, so that they will come back every day to hear mom and dad read the poem or Bible verse of that day

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

The wine one I had a few years back was pretty decent. I’d do it again.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

AKZ posted:

I'll take your suggestion

with a grain of salt :haw:
Lol drat

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

chainchompz posted:

:same: it fucken squeaks like mad when I barely adjust my posture and I'm no chonky ur-Goonlord.

How you doin?
:wink:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I desperately want some Costco hotdogs, chicken wings, and pizza.

As it stands, I currently only have blueberry and acai dark chocolate berries.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I'm going to need a goddamn intervention for those thin mint pretzels. I should give away the bag for my health but I'd probably growl at someone if they tried to take them.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

fizzymercury posted:

I'm going to need a goddamn intervention for those thin mint pretzels. I should give away the bag for my health but I'd probably growl at someone if they tried to take them.

Whaaaat? I haven't seen those. Sounds like heaven.

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe
Pre-pandemic packages of boneless beef loin top sirloin steak were $5.99/lb. Post-pandemic they went up to $8.99/lb. Just got back from a store run and now they're $9.99/lb. God drat it

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

jimmy mnemonic posted:

Pre-pandemic packages of boneless beef loin top sirloin steak were $5.99/lb. Post-pandemic they went up to $8.99/lb. Just got back from a store run and now they're $9.99/lb. God drat it

You're post pandemic?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

StormDrain posted:

You're post pandemic?

Must be nice.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

This is why I'm trying to switch over mostly to chicken and pork; they're still reasonably priced, for the most part. Beef prices have gone absolutely bonkers everywhere.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

fizzymercury posted:

The thin mint chocolate-covered almonds were like crack. I can't buy them again.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
My local church didn't have the 505 but did have the thin mint almonds which are loving dangerous. I usually also get the breakfast burritos in the refrigerated section but they can be a little bland without some sort of sauce. Usually I do sriracha or a tomatillo salsa (preffered) but this weekend I put some bitchin sauce on one and it was pretty good.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

metachronos posted:

My local church didn’t have the 505 but did have the thin mint almonds which are loving dangerous. I usually also get the breakfast burritos in the refrigerated section but they can be a little bland without some sort of sauce. Usually I do sriracha or a tomatillo salsa (preffered) but this weekend I put some bitchin sauce on one and it was pretty good.
:negative:

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
Yeah my plan was to get the 505 specifically for that use and others but such is life. I still have faith in the church to deliver eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Are there any huge differences between Costco US and Costco Canada? Or even between different regions in Canada? Sometimes y'all mention something that I'm not that familiar with but I always forget to check in store when I'm there (east coast Canada, btw).