Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Are there any huge differences between Costco US and Costco Canada? Or even between different regions in Canada? Sometimes y'all mention something that I'm not that familiar with but I always forget to check in store when I'm there (east coast Canada, btw).

I believe some things are regional, yes. For instance there are apparently two types of Kirkland toilet paper, only one of which is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Are there any huge differences between Costco US and Costco Canada? Or even between different regions in Canada? Sometimes y'all mention something that I'm not that familiar with but I always forget to check in store when I'm there (east coast Canada, btw).

Costco in Canada sells smarties, Costco in the US does not

it's been a very long time since I went to a canadian costco (and I was in Vancouver, so opposite you) but I'd say 80-90% was familiar types of things, sometimes different brands of those things. There were definitely some exceptions but it felt very familiar as 'a costco' to me.

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 20, 2021

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
doesnt the canadian food court have poutine?

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!
I feel like the Charmin Costco packs of toilet paper are super low quality now. Or this purchase was from the scramble lot to produce during the original pandemic shortage.

Shreds extremely easy, lints nonstop, just low QA. Who knew toilet paper was such a hot topic in my household.

On a related note, the boba popsicles are delicious. Finally caved when I saw it in stores.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I went back to Kirkland TP because of the lint of Charmin.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Chinatown posted:

Yep. I had to get it when I visited Vancouver, BC just because. It was way too rich even after sharing it with my wife and aunt, but it was good. They even have fried chicken with french fries at their food court!

Also, Canadian Costcos will take our Costco Visa cards even though they don't normally accept Visas! I think they're partnered with MasterCard in Canada.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I still miss the turkey/pesto/cheese sandwich.

We lost so much.

:negative:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Geodude posted:

I feel like the Charmin Costco packs of toilet paper are super low quality now. Or this purchase was from the scramble lot to produce during the original pandemic shortage.

Shreds extremely easy, lints nonstop, just low QA. Who knew toilet paper was such a hot topic in my household.

On a related note, the boba popsicles are delicious. Finally caved when I saw it in stores.

Charmin lint and tearing was super bad compared to Kirkland, honestly. I picked it up 2-3 times at the beginning of the pandemic and while it's softer, the other problems weren't worth it.

I should be getting my cheap and mediocre office chair from Costco shortly, I bought some other stuff but forgot what it was, so I'll let myself be surprised when it shows up

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Chinatown posted:

yes, yes it does. and yes, i enjoyed a delicious Costco sized serving today.

e: lol, the hotdog drink combo is also 1.50 here, but it's 1.50 CAD which is about 1.17 in USD right now.

also, can confirm that my Costco card is Mastercard here in Canuckland.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Sep 20, 2021

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I miss the Caesar salad, because I always forget to get the one from the deli section, and everything tastes better in the food court.

And I miss the onionizer most of all. Turning the lever is like playing a slot machine where you win every time and the prize is onions.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Bibliotechno Music posted:

And I miss the onionizer most of all. Turning the lever is like playing a slot machine where you win every time and the prize is onions.

I had a more accurate slot machine experience where I'd turn the lever, get nothing, and feel bad for the rest of the day.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chinatown posted:

At least in Toronto, Costco poutine is (shamefully) one of the best poutines this city has to offer and is a drat sight cheaper than the other good options.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bibliotechno Music posted:

lol
:hmmyes:

Renegret posted:

I had a more accurate slot machine experience where I'd turn the lever, get nothing, and feel bad for the rest of the day.

I need my onions and normally I don't care because I don't want to have someone do more work but I asked an employee to fill it and they brought out a huge bag right away. I was very happy.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Do they still have the Vornado fans in store or was that just seasonal?

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Spinz posted:

How you doin?
:wink:

The usual. ISO a new office chair.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
Ultra soft is a bad Charmin

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

FogHelmut posted:

Do they still have the Vornado fans in store or was that just seasonal?

in my experience they're seasonal items, but I don't know that officially or anything

it's like how if you want the electric heated fleece throws you have about a three week period to get them. coming up soon!

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
im sure this has been touched upon in these 800 something pages

but as much as I love the costco hotdog with onions and mustard holy jesus god drat does your whole mouth taste like that loving hotdog for the rest of the day

I've even brushed my teeth 30 minutes after eating one and it didn't help, the hotdog aftertaste kicked the toothpaste's rear end

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Psion posted:

in my experience they're seasonal items, but I don't know that officially or anything

it's like how if you want the electric heated fleece throws you have about a three week period to get them. coming up soon!

Or Spyder jackets. Got two of them this season to bring the total up to six.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

AKZ posted:

Or Spyder jackets. Got two of them this season to bring the total up to six.

I think you need two more, or you should have stopped two ago.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

but as much as I love the costco hotdog with onions and mustard holy jesus god drat does your whole mouth taste like that loving hotdog for the rest of the day

I've even brushed my teeth 30 minutes after eating one and it didn't help, the hotdog aftertaste kicked the toothpaste's rear end

That's part of the value

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

After meal breath mint. Truly a blessed combo.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
I think the greatest loss of the entire pandemic has been Kirkland Dress Pants. Those things were an amazing value and I fear the supply chain has been severed permanently....

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

StormDrain posted:

I think you need two more, or you should have stopped two ago.

They're so dang comfy. Two more it is (next september)

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Chinatown posted:

You can but poutine from a moose or beaver on the side of the road in Canada. Probably comes with a free side of maple syrup.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

AKZ posted:

They're so dang comfy. Two more it is (next september)

Glad to see you and your spider spouse can have all your arms warm.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Those spider clothes are ridiculous looking, like a lifted angry eyed Jeep but in a jacket.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

KakerMix posted:

Those spider clothes are ridiculous looking, like a lifted angry eyed Jeep but in a jacket.

Aw Kaker don't be

salty :haw:

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I'm unreasonably happy that people are posting about using the Tiramisu glasses as actual drinking glasses. I am literally using one right now to dose creatine while reading the thread. They are awesome!!

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Mods?!

Taima fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Sep 21, 2021

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I got the “Ho-Ya” Pad Thai dishes from the co yesterday, they’re alright. Kinda small though. Think just getting a pack of those noodles and a bottle of the sauce would be just as good, just need some boiling water from a kettle to cook the noodles!

Lots of plastic packaging too, some is recyclable. Don’t think I will get again but it’s not terrible.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Taima posted:

I'm unreasonably happy that people are posting about using the Tiramisu glasses as actual drinking glasses. I am literally using one right now to dose creatine while reading the thread. They are awesome!!

They're great for sippin' whiskey from them, too.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

metachronos posted:

My local church didn't have the 505 but did have the thin mint almonds which are loving dangerous.
Not a fan. I much prefer the normal milk chocolate almonds.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Just now, like 10 minutes ago, I got bitched out at the gas pump. The guy behind me asked if I could charge his gas to my card and I said no. He immediately was upset and said upset things, got in his car and left. He must have been having a day. He didn't even ask a second time or plead with me just said what the hell what does it cost you and you would have got the points even.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah shrug that off and gently caress that dude.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Wait like he tried to get you to pay for his gas?

Or he didn't have a Costco card and was trying to use yours?

Either way gently caress that dude

it's a bizarre request either way, as well

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
*pokes you repeatedly on shoulder*

cmon man gimme some free gas bro come on dude do me a solid bro i need it ill pay you back ok???

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah shrug that off and gently caress that dude.

Ya for real. Once I said he must have been having a bad day I stopped thinking about it until I shared it with the rest of the congregation.

He never outlined the terms of the deal, I shot him down after he asked if I could use my card on him.

Edit: also thanks I like when I can share a story with people who are automatically on my side.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Were you using the Costco credit card? It's so seamless with the credit card that I wouldn't feel comfortable with the risk of ending up paying for someone else's gas, intentionally or not.

If not, well it's a free country so he can suck it anyway

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Taima posted:

I use them to make espresso.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Meaty Ore posted:

This is why I'm trying to switch over mostly to chicken and pork; they're still reasonably priced, for the most part. Beef prices have gone absolutely bonkers everywhere.

Yeah, that’s also crazy here. But Costco started carrying Tofu, and I’m leaning to cook with it! Little did I know that that costco beef bulgogi a few weeks ago might be the last beef for a while.