Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

So, is the "Reconnect" button just a loving lie, or has it reconnected anyone ever back into the game lately?

It used to work somewhat, but now it just times out, and recommends passive-aggressively to check my internet connection, which is rock steady and has been for hundreds of days of uptime.

Just man up and replace it with a placard saying "Whoops, our servers and the client are too lovely to perform a simple handshake past the initial launch of the game. Just restart the game, lol!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

mcbexx posted:

So, is the "Reconnect" button just a loving lie, or has it reconnected anyone ever back into the game lately?

It used to work somewhat, but now it just times out, and recommends passive-aggressively to check my internet connection, which is rock steady and has been for hundreds of days of uptime.

Just man up and replace it with a placard saying "Whoops, our servers and the client are too lovely to perform a simple handshake past the initial launch of the game. Just restart the game, lol!"

I've reconnected once or twice, moreso recently, but generally it's quicker to close the app and restart.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Same, I can't recall a time Reconnect has ever actually worked, at least not in the last few years. Typically it makes the menu interface appear functional, but when I actually try to start a game it simply spins forever.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the client in general is pretty awful

like I have to use a separate launcher instead of just launching the game, what is this 2002

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Huh.

Never played Overdraft before (Unlock your overloaded crystals and deal that much damage), but I just discovered one from Guidance.

Does it unlock ALL the overloaded mana crystals, from your current and your upcoming turn? I'm pretty sure I went into the turn with 3 overloaded crystals, played two more overload cards and ended up doing 5 damage to face for lethal. Was not expecting it to work this way, but I'll take it.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Yeah, Overload clearance has always worked like that. Overdraft and the first completion of the quest really make it sing though as they are the first ways of clearing it that are not over costed.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Gonna be a lot of Mercenaries impressions coming out this week

https://twitter.com/TiagoTaparelli/status/1439989717714489350

Slyssa has like a full hour of gameplay up already that explains a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLAmu7EOox4

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah the actual gameplay seems alright but no way in hell am I spending real money on it.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I'm hoping Mercenaries can replace HS for me. After 8 years of playing HS, I'm ready for something new. I keep trying the others in this space and either not enough people are playing them or they are too expensive or others are so far ahead that it feels hopeless.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23724327

Balance changes are up

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

tl;dr: get fuuuuuucked lmao :bisonyes: :sickos:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Nice, can't wait to get my 1600 dust from the warlock quest!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Wildfire can now be played in odd mage, quest warlock looks dead (and obliterated in wild), and rush warrior doesn’t really get much help so they must think this is enough for standard pirate warrior? I have doubts.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Cool, so now Ilucia doesn't do anything against combo decks.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
They are going to make that Mage hero power deck recipe work!!! We'll have to see how that goes.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Also, they ruined my even wildfire mage :(

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Countdown to everyone complaining about questline warrior in 3...2...1....

That said even with all these changes I think the current meta is the most varied I've seen in about 4y of playing HS. The first page of hsreplay decks at diamond up had a deck from at least 8/10 classes, often only about 3 classes dominate at any time.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Chernabog posted:

Cool, so now Ilucia doesn't do anything against combo decks.
I don't really know why anyone would even play her with this new design. She no longer has the ability to take anything away from your opponent; she just gives you a different hand of cards for one turn for three mana.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

NorgLyle posted:

I don't really know why anyone would even play her with this new design. She no longer has the ability to take anything away from your opponent; she just gives you a different hand of cards for one turn for three mana.

Yeah, with this rework it seems like they should have lowered the cost.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I feel like they should have done something like 7 mana swap hands and reduce the cost by 2 this turn only.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Would love a dev explanation for defiant shipwright, ie, why they ever bothered adding it.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
Feel like it could have said “destroy any cards you play” or “your opponent discards any cards you play” and somewhat retained the original effect without enabling the turn 3 time walks it does now.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Meatbag Esq. posted:

Feel like it could have said “destroy any cards you play” or “your opponent discards any cards you play” and somewhat retained the original effect without enabling the turn 3 time walks it does now.

Because no one wants to play against that. They don't want you to play the card.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

quote:

Fixed a bug that prevented Grand Magus Antonidas from hitting Stealth targets and resulted in Antonidas potentially hitting the caster’s own face if the enemy hero was in Stealth.

ok that’s just hilarious

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Priest has been mildly oppressive in Duels but they didn't touch the two cards that are the actual problem (SW:V and Embrace the Shadow), and instead poo poo on Voidtouched Attendant. I guess Blizzard doesn't play the mode either.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
RIP Shadow Priest. The most fun Priest deck I've played. I had 21 total priest wins as of August, now I'm over 50 and really thought I would push it to triple digits if not a golden portrait.

I hope they give the archetype some support in the miniset.

Not That Into You
Oct 29, 2007

fanny packrat posted:

RIP Shadow Priest. The most fun Priest deck I've played. I had 21 total priest wins as of August, now I'm over 50 and really thought I would push it to triple digits if not a golden portrait.

I hope they give the archetype some support in the miniset.

Same. One of the most fun agro decks I've played. Dropping Illucia on right before their power turn and seeing the insta-conceed is :discourse: Finally broke into 3-digit Legend club with the deck this month. RIP

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Nooooooooooooooooooooo

My cheesy even mage deck in wild is ruined. Wildfire was the best card in it and I can't play that now. It was so fun.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Boo Illucia nerf

Yay Hero Power Mage buff

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I knew they weren't touching quest mage before hand, but after seeing what they've done to aggro priest and questline warlock and the reasonable nerfs to quest shaman I am really concerned for my future playing hearthstone the next month being full of a never ending line of quest mage as my opponent.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

No Wave posted:

Would love a dev explanation for defiant shipwright, ie, why they ever bothered adding it.

this is third hand but there was a dev in dog's twitch chat that talked about it. i can't remember exactly, but it either added a pirate of the current tier to your hand or the board after upgrading (can't remember which), and that was judged as being too strong, so they nerfed it at the last chance before release. and i guess they nerfed it too hard. that's why its golden version has lower stats than it should have, they never fixed that

i guess it would be too strong going to tier 5. it was not a pirate itsself though, or at least wasn't going to be released as a pirate.

Quotey fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Sep 21, 2021

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Starsfan posted:

I knew they weren't touching quest mage before hand, but after seeing what they've done to aggro priest and questline warlock and the reasonable nerfs to quest shaman I am really concerned for my future playing hearthstone the next month being full of a never ending line of quest mage as my opponent.

eh, Questline Mage only survived this long because it had a good matchup versus Warlock and Shaman. It's possible the new meta will give rise to decks that are favorable vs Mage.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Surely Mindrender Illucia isn't worth three now then. The tax to play their cards when they keep them is painful.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

L0cke17 posted:

Nooooooooooooooooooooo

My cheesy even mage deck in wild is ruined. Wildfire was the best card in it and I can't play that now. It was so fun.

You can try this!

https://twitter.com/RenoJackson_HS/status/1440002726515990529

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Quotey posted:

this is third hand but there was a dev in dog's twitch chat that talked about it. i can't remember exactly, but it either added a pirate of the current tier to your hand or the board after upgrading (can't remember which), and that was judged as being too strong, so they nerfed it at the last chance before release. and i guess they nerfed it too hard. that's why its golden version has lower stats than it should have, they never fixed that

i guess it would be too strong going to tier 5. it was not a pirate itsself though, or at least wasn't going to be released as a pirate.

Basically it would have been a 50/50 at T5 to find Hogger and a guaranteed Eliza at T6 (or 50/50 Eliza/Amalgadon, depending). Funny thing is, with how insanely overpowered demons/beasts have been, I don't think it would have been enough for pirates anyway. You were still pretty hosed if you didn't already have two Salty Looters on-curve.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Don't mind if I do. That looks fun.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Shockeh posted:

Surely Mindrender Illucia isn't worth three now then. The tax to play their cards when they keep them is painful.

well in the most charitable view, the card is a 3 mana 1/3 that casts a version of evocation that can generate any card from your opponent's class or the common set instead of just spells... actually at a very high level it could be argued to be better than evocation if you assume that your opponent has better cards on average than a bunch of random spells.

The primary value you could probably get out of that playing some kind of control priest is if you are playing like.. questline DH and they have a poo poo ton of draw and cheap removal in their hand.. assuming the cards that are generated off of your plays with the copied hand stay in your hand. Or I guess if you are playing handbuff paladin and you can get some cheap minions with +3/+3.. there's some spots where you could reliably make a strong play with the card given what you know about the opponent's deck.

It's so situational though.. there's alot of matchups and game-states where the Priest can get practically no value at all from the new version of this card.

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Sep 21, 2021

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
The power of the card when it was released was denying your opponent use of key cards. Now it's just a dogshit turn that includes playing a 3 mana 1/3 lategame.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Should have made it "Add a copy of your opponent's hand to your hand." If you can't disrupt, you might as well get to keep the cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Amoeba102 posted:

Should have made it "Add a copy of your opponent's hand to your hand." If you can't disrupt, you might as well get to keep the cards.

Probably overcompensating a little there, see Azalina Soulthief for the price of that effect

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Sep 21, 2021