Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Epsilon Plus posted:

*points at post* Is this a claim? Are you claiming? Is this a claim of some kind?

god I love those d1 posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Toal are you claiming some kind of posting role?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

Toalpaz posted:

Day One Is loving Over

Ladies And Gentlemen: We Got 'Em

##vote toalpaz

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

No wait THAT'S what Tommu was on about with the cum!!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I never thought anybody here would be a bad enough dude to unveil my hidden scum claim, yet here you stand E+. My equal.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

bif I have no idea how you'd link "cum" with "scum". they rhyme? I guess? in whatever hosed up accent you speak in?

stop trying to save your scumpal toalpaz, we'll kill you soon enough too

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Epsilon Plus posted:

bif I have no idea how you'd link "cum" with "scum". they rhyme? I guess? in whatever hosed up accent you speak in?

stop trying to save your scumpal toalpaz, we'll kill you soon enough too

Well jeez I didn't think Toal was just gonna give up in the next post, thanks a lot mate

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Good morning, what did I miss.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Good morning, what did I miss.

Epsilon made a funny post, but then it was followed by a not-that-funny post, this inconsistency looks pretty scummy imo

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Epsilon made a funny post, but then it was followed by a not-that-funny post, this inconsistency looks pretty scummy imo

I see, I'll go check it out when I'm actually awake and not working.

Also I have universal income.

Join me, bif.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

I see, I'll go check it out when I'm actually awake and not working.

Also I have universal income.

Join me, bif.

You had me at "not working"

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am fully in agreement with bif that this inconsistent humor from Epsilon is super shady. Unlike Toal who is always just funny as heel.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

I mean yeah it is kind of like that. In that there was a valid reason for to ask for a doc because I was playing to my wincon by trying to help town win. In this game I’m actually town in this game AND there is a legitimately awesome reason for people to target me n1

Alright once I unlock the secret of my role (aka read the whole thing) if I can target you I will big guy. This better not be some sort of ruse.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Got a bunch of buttons. They do things. This may be fun.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Hal Insandenza posted:

I am fully in agreement with bif that this inconsistent humor from Epsilon is super shady. Unlike Toal who is always just funny as heel.

wait are you saying I'm usually.funnier, or usually less funny?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Hi Shell, welcome to the madness.

Binus' ask is giving me the willies... He's gonna drain me of my precious abilities and leave me a dried out husk right?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Maerlyn posted:

Hi Shell, welcome to the madness.

Binus' ask is giving me the willies... He's gonna drain me of my precious abilities and leave me a dried out husk right?

Why is that your first thought?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Yami Fenrir posted:

Why is that your first thought?

It's partially a joke but it's a strange proposal that sounds like it's for binus' benefit (emphasis mine:)

b-minus1 posted:

I mean yeah it is kind of like that. In that there was a valid reason for to ask for a doc because I was playing to my wincon by trying to help town win. In this game I’m actually town in this game AND there is a legitimately awesome reason for people to target me n1

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I think I know what Binus is up to and if he is town, it's a pretty good idea. Unless he's a scum PGO trying to murder all the power roles but that would just be loving hilarious.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I mean it should be incredibly obvious as to what b- is up to, which is why I'm baffled Maerlyn is trying to attribute malice to it.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Yami Fenrir posted:

I mean it should be incredibly obvious as to what b- is up to, which is why I'm baffled Maerlyn is trying to attribute malice to it.

Malice is a strong word, how about hesitancy/doubt for a player whose alignment I don't know? I assume we're talking about "Fanatic Materialist" but I don't know that is what binus is thinking because he didn't say, so how is it "incredibly obvious"?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I think I know what Binus is up to and if he is town, it's a pretty good idea. Unless he's a scum PGO trying to murder all the power roles but that would just be loving hilarious.

Almost tempted to give that night visit a go just because of that.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Maerlyn posted:

Malice is a strong word, how about hesitancy/doubt for a player whose alignment I don't know? I assume we're talking about "Fanatic Materialist" but I don't know that is what binus is thinking because he didn't say, so how is it "incredibly obvious"?

There are 3 powers in the OP alone that work on a visit. Only one of them is harmful and doesn't make sense for a townie to "bait" like this (PGO)

Why are you immediately jumping to this conclusion?

This is basically stating "Oh, B- might have a special personality that harms people on visits", which is some serious mental gymnastics when there's a much simpler solution available.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Also PGO is just an one-shot thing if I read this thing correctly? Does that means he'd be able to murder one person at worst? Or that he'd murder everyone but just that one night?

Betting on Gestalt Consciousness, Binus wants to see how many people he can command to obey at once :tinfoil::tinfoil:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Shellception posted:

Also PGO is just an one-shot thing if I read this thing correctly? Does that means he'd be able to murder one person at worst? Or that he'd murder everyone but just that one night?

Betting on Gestalt Consciousness, Binus wants to see how many people he can command to obey at once :tinfoil::tinfoil:

It varies by mod, but usually one-shot PGO means that you activate it for one night and kill everyone that visits.

But yes, it's probably one of Gestalt or F. Materialist and I'm not sure why people would immediately jump to other conclusions. It's entirely alignment neutral.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Yami Fenrir posted:

It varies by mod, but usually one-shot PGO means that you activate it for one night and kill everyone that visits.

But yes, it's probably one of Gestalt or F. Materialist and I'm not sure why people would immediately jump to other conclusions. It's entirely alignment neutral.

Thanks!

So the smart move is to visit Binus on N2, get it.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Though I concur mass-death by PGO caused by a flock of people wanting to see what binus is up to would be fun as hell too.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I don't know, even if he is town I'm gonna say that giving All The Powers to binus might actually be not a pretty good idea lol

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't know, even if he is town I'm gonna say that giving All The Powers to binus might actually be not a pretty good idea lol

B-, go mad with power?

Never!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

There's also the question of what'd happen to someone who gets tracked, watched, roleblocked, doc'ed, jailed and driven in the same night. Even if you don't include kill actions and passive actions, that sounds like a fun night.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I would say that someone immediately begging everyone to visit him N1 isn't exactly an "alignment neutral" action.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Epsilon Plus posted:

I would say that someone immediately begging everyone to visit him N1 isn't exactly an "alignment neutral" action.

What about it is scummy or towny then?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

It sure doesn't feel towny. It feels like scum relying on town seeing that part of the setup is open and not thinking about the part that's not.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

If I had a dollar for every time I thought binus was scummy for some weird or suboptimal mechanics decision though, I'd... well I could at least buy something really nice on uber eats

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

If I had a dollar for every time I thought binus was scummy for some weird or suboptimal mechanics decision though, I'd... well I could at least buy something really nice on uber eats

Lmao.

Sounds about right, yeah.

Epsilon Plus posted:

It sure doesn't feel towny. It feels like scum relying on town seeing that part of the setup is open and not thinking about the part that's not.

like this really, really sounds like it's grasping at straws to make b- actions more suspicious than they really are to me.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

okay, let's just all do whatever someone suggests without thinking about it at all and see where that gets us

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Epsilon Plus posted:

okay, let's just all do whatever someone suggests without thinking about it at all and see where that gets us

Nobody said anything about actually following up on his request. The point was that the act of asking itself isn't necessarily suspicious.

This is a massive overreaction either way. Bif, I think you mighta been onto something.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Yami

Real vote

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

merk posted:

##vote Yami

Real vote

Thanks for the chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

merk posted:

##vote Yami

Real vote

Not Epsilon? I remember Epsilon being scum before and being way too tryhard to get poo poo started on D1, this isn't nearly as bad but it's giving me faintly similar vibes.

Oh I should prolly put this jokevote away now that things are moving to actual game discussion

##unvote