Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Bioshock 1 to me is the kind of game where I love the atmosphere and everything, but dislike the actual gameplay...or let's not say dislike, it kinda bored me from time to time. Same with Bioshock Infinite. Bioshock 2 I liked the actual gameplay better, but I can't really remember what the game was about outside of you beeing the prototype Big Daddy or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

tuo posted:

Bioshock 1 to me is the kind of game where I love the atmosphere and everything, but dislike the actual gameplay...or let's not say dislike, it kinda bored me from time to time. Same with Bioshock Infinite. Bioshock 2 I liked the actual gameplay better, but I can't really remember what the game was about outside of you beeing the prototype Big Daddy or something.

It was about fighting the direct ideological opposite to Andrew Ryan's libertarianism: Dr Eleanor Lamb's perfect communism.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I really liked the pump fake plot twist at the end of bioshock 1. Being a brainwashed sleeper agent straight out of a cold war thriller was actually a really fun and good reveal, especially since the game had been priming you to think the twist was going to be that Atlas is Fontaine the whole time.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Armitag3 posted:

It was about fighting the direct ideological opposite to Andrew Ryan's libertarianism: Dr Eleanor Lamb's perfect communism.

Sounds more complicated than pushing a big drill into people's faces.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

tuo posted:

Sounds more complicated than pushing a big drill into people's faces.

When all you have is a drill, all problems look like faces

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Its not even been a week and all the hard ons for deathloop are atrophying away

Not to worry though, I'm sure there's a brand new videogame experience available from somewhere new next week and who know maybe they wont shoehorn in a half done multiplayer segment to give all the real gamers first day FOMO

JollyBoyJohn fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Sep 21, 2021

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I'm still playing deathloop and it kicks rear end. My hardon is long and strong. Its the most creative game thats come out in a long time. The invasions are really clever and fun.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Its not even been a week and all the hard ons for deathloop are atrophying away

Not to worry though, I'm sure there's a brand new videogame experience available from somewhere new next week and who know maybe they wont shoehorn in a half done multiplayer segment to give all the real gamers first day FOMO

I beat deathloop and was very satisfied w/ my purchase

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Battle Lode Runner is a fantastic multiplayer game and they should make another one

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

poverty goat posted:

I beat deathloop and was very satisfied w/ my purchase

Good I'm glad people are enjoying it, i dont see how people can pay 50 quid for a game that's finished in less than a week and call it a sayisfying purchase. Wouldn't you feel more satisfied with the £50 still in your bank account? I know i would.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
In David Attenborough's voice:

"Here are two adults engaged in a tradition that spans millenia.

Gamers.

Their social order mercilessly dictated by game releases, they fight for their online cred.

*sudden dramatic posting music sting*

It's over.

Unable to play the game at release, this gamer will have to wait...

...for a sale."

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Good I'm glad people are enjoying it, i dont see how people can pay 50 quid for a game that's finished in less than a week and call it a sayisfying purchase. Wouldn't you feel more satisfied with the £50 still in your bank account? I know i would.

I also hate video games and only play the ones I find at the dumpster behind gamestop

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i mean you're gonna end up playing 35 for it anyway so what are you even gonna do with 15 pounds? Buy a burger with chips and a coke? I'm on such a strong lockdown right now I can't even leave the house

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Anyway just to prove I'm an idiot i somehow spent 15 quid on dead by daylight DLC at the weekend

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Caesar Saladin posted:

i mean you're gonna end up playing 35 for it anyway so what are you even gonna do with 15 pounds? Buy a burger with chips and a coke? I'm on such a strong lockdown right now I can't even leave the house

Pounds GBP? For what its worth the price in my mind is £20. You save enough £30s and suddenly you have a house

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
As I'm an addict for card games and video games, my bad gamer opinion is that we should games in the West that combine physical cards with video game stuff like Japan has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV9L5K_cJk4

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Archer666 posted:

As I'm an addict for card games and video games, my bad gamer opinion is that we should games in the West that combine physical cards with video game stuff like Japan has.

then you better jump on Super Dragonball Heroes World Mission, its 85% off right now

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/super-dragon-ball-heroes-world-mission

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H_OSlapROI

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Archer666 posted:

How quickly we forget eye of judgment

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

As I’ve gotten older, the equation has shifted far away from “is this game worth my money” to “is this game worth my time”, as my time and energy is much more precious these days. If the game provides a fun time for a week or two, sounds like it was worth it. I’d prefer to judge the satisfaction of playing the game rather than the satisfaction of buying it.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

How quickly we forget eye of judgment

poo poo I totally DID forget all about Eye of Judgement. Shame it came out when I had almost no money cause it seemed like totally my jam.

Rutibex posted:

then you better jump on Super Dragonball Heroes World Mission, its 85% off right now

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/super-dragon-ball-heroes-world-mission

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H_OSlapROI

That does look cool, but it's digital cards. I mean like you buy actual physical cards for use in the game, like Eye of Judgement did. (Though I realize there is no actual way to make this actually work with home consoles/PC.)

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

tuo posted:

Yeah, any time I think "Hey, I'd like to replay Bioshock 1 or Infinite," I remember how they have less replayability than 2.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
WHY ISNT BG3 out yet god dammit

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Recently I've been playing a ton of Tails of Iron, Flynn Son of Crimson, and still working my way through the excellent Psychonauts 2. So many good games recently.

I will probably pick up Dreathloop eventually, haven't decided if I will wait for sale or not. Still got like a thousand other games to play after all

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

My guess: it's not an anime game

Lmao

Archer666 posted:

Well that just about takes the cake for the worst opinion. More crap to have to buy in order to play games is a terrible thing

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Archer666 posted:

Nah, there's already enough real money gambling in games.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Archer666 posted:

this is one step closer to real-life yugioh and i rather not fall onto that particular slippery slope

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The pokemon trading card game on tablets does that. Scan your real life cards to get them in the game, and every pack you buy gets you a gatcha roll in the app

I'm surprised they don't market it any harder than they do, seems like it would suck a lot of money out of certain people

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

24-7 Urkel Cosplay posted:

As I’ve gotten older, the equation has shifted far away from “is this game worth my money” to “is this game worth my time”, as my time and energy is much more precious these days. If the game provides a fun time for a week or two, sounds like it was worth it. I’d prefer to judge the satisfaction of playing the game rather than the satisfaction of buying it.

If you have a certain kind of broken brain a one time $65 purchase can set you up for life

RimWorld - $35
Factorio - $30
Cataclysm DDA - free
Dwarf Fortress - free

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Archer666 posted:

We did get Eye of Judgement.

edit: Ohh I see other people have mentioned that, well I'm mentioning it as well as it's super important that everyone remembers it.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Manager Hoyden posted:

If you have a certain kind of broken brain a one time $65 purchase can set you up for life

RimWorld - $35
Factorio - $30
Cataclysm DDA - free
Dwarf Fortress - free

Dota 2 - £your life

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Manager Hoyden posted:

RimWorld - $35
Factorio - $30
Cataclysm DDA - free
Dwarf Fortress - free

Rimworld is old news, now its all about Amazing Cultivation Simulator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2PsHvkKY2o

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Rimworld is old news, now its all about Amazing Cultivation Simulator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2PsHvkKY2o

Less WW2 games more Xianxia games would solve all the worlds problems.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Sep 21, 2021

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Dota 2 - £your life

Oh yeah and I suppose rocket league is free now too

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Csgo is free as well

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
In a way I wish I was a bit more satisfied with just having my 'one game' and that's that, my buddy from school has 2 kids now and he literally only plays Dota 2, that's it, he's just not interested in any other games partly through lack of time but he's always up for a game on a Friday night or whatever.

Obviously there will be a bunch of people out there who are the same with but League or even Fifa and Call of Duty, at the end of the day it's just good to know what you like.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I start multiple new games every week and never play a game more than once

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i generate new random games to play every day using my esoteric game generator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfe-lD1gK84

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
Whoever said "XCOM 3" needs to GET IT TOGETHER

Bioshock I finally played last year and I did not care for it, and because I have a negative opinion of it, I'm going to transfer that to an overall statement that, because I didn't like it, it's the games fault and is, ergo, a bad game, it sucks, Bioshock sucks

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

JollyBoyJohn posted:

actually a story driven game with good writing like this is exactly the kind of game you should play at launch, because over the next 8 months before the price drops to $20 someone will spoil it for you and the twists and laughs won't land

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
twists don't matter and are not the engaging part of a story anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

twists don't matter and are not the engaging part of a story anyways

it depends on the writing and execution