Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
You would not believe how hosed up the beta is. Its like the code of the game itself got very very sick and is rupturing and hemorrhaging everywhere. Textures and random graphical effects blowing themselves up to 100000x size overtaking the map. Incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Will definitely check it out

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

herculon posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

herculon posted:

lol

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3qo_e8yawU

lmfao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
tfw youre only on the level load in screen and already everything is turning into an insane gnashing mess of polygons

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

tfw youre only on the level load in screen and already everything is turning into an insane gnashing mess of polygons

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Saw a Booty: Man Hard

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

this actually looks exactly how i remember playing call of duty world at war in junior high on ps3 lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

herculon posted:

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Tried the alpha for ps4 and it looked worse than MW 2019 despite using the same engine

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Give them a break, Activision only has 3500 employees from 5 studios working around the clock on this. You gotta expect a few wrinkles here and there.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow totally locking the preorder in. Thanks OP.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i refunded my preorder because the beta was so bad, op

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

i refunded my preorder because the beta was so bad, op

I dunno man I’m torn

Little St. James got hit hard by the recent tropical storms, affecting not only its full-time residents, but Actiblizz CEOs and managers as well. And I’m like.. if all it takes is me and my boys ponying up $70 apiece for this beautiful island to rebuild, and fly in new girls, and once more see the smile return to Mr Koticks face, then hell yeah I’m preordering. But at the same time, the gameplay kinda sucks and the audio is busted. We’ll see…

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
lmao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

HolePisser1982 posted:

I dunno man I’m torn

Little St. James got hit hard by the recent tropical storms, affecting not only its full-time residents, but Actiblizz CEOs and managers as well. And I’m like.. if all it takes is me and my boys ponying up $70 apiece for this beautiful island to rebuild, and fly in new girls, and once more see the smile return to Mr Koticks face, then hell yeah I’m preordering. But at the same time, the gameplay kinda sucks and the audio is busted. We’ll see…

oh so you aren't getting the collectors edition with bonus 2x EXP tokens and the new operator skin? gently caress off

copy
Jul 26, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

I dunno man I’m torn

lold at this and then came back a little bit later and lollin again

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

I dunno man I’m torn

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

I dunno man I’m torn

Lol

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

I dunno man I’m torn

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
This whole game is gonna be scuffed. Both sides have all the same characters, with only the name+reticle color telling friend from enemy, and all the friendly fire moments that causes are 100% gonna ruin Hardcore mode (which sucks for me cuz that’s all I normally play) also the weapons are butchered and ugly as all hell, which is saying a LOT considering this same team did CoD WWII and we all saw what the weapons looked like in that lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The beta maps are also really very bad. The only semi tolerable one (Gavutu) would be a lower-tier ‘instant vote skip’ map in any other CoD.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This whole game is gonna be scuffed. Both sides have all the same characters, with only the name+reticle color telling friend from enemy, and all the friendly fire moments that causes are 100% gonna ruin Hardcore mode (which sucks for me cuz that’s all I normally play) also the weapons are butchered and ugly as all hell, which is saying a LOT considering this same team did CoD WWII and we all saw what the weapons looked like in that lol

as much as the operator skin things can be neat they really, really need to bring back the more obvious team skins. hell cod WW2 already did this! you had a lot of unlockable skin poo poo but the two teams were still distinct so I never felt confused. but I guess they can't sell me a Marine dressed up as an anime girl for $20 if they did that.

and yeah cod maps have been seriously downhill ever since mw2. almost every map in that game pwned, even the mediocre ones werent as bad as most of the new ones are. every new game has less good maps and more lovely ones with either way too little or way too much cover. poo poo is so bad on some of them that there's deepfried default texture maps for counter strike with better design

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Even though there were some things I didn't like about it, it really felt like they were close to getting things right with the new Modern Warfare. Don't understand how they apparently didn't manage to keep any of that momentum

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The yearly releases used to be made by alternating teams, but who the hell knows what's going on over there anymore.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I can’t believe they’re going to put out such a mediocre entry within a month or two of the new Battlefield and the new Halo. Just the worst possible time for them to drop the ball

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I can’t believe they’re going to put out such a mediocre entry within a month or two of the new Battlefield and the new Halo. Just the worst possible time for them to drop the ball

i’m half expecting BF to be even more hosed up than vanguard is. plus people are gonna be pissed when they find out they cant crossplay between old and new consoles. it’s a huge crap shoot, tho thankfully i got into the next halo playtest so i’ll get to find out if it’s busted or not and plan accordingly

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

The yearly releases used to be made by alternating teams, but who the hell knows what's going on over there anymore.

They still are, MW was Infinity Ward, Cold War was Treyarch and Vanguard is Sledgehammer. They also made Advanced Warfare and WWII both of which I thought were pretty good so who knows wtf is going on

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lmao @ everything

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They still are, MW was Infinity Ward, Cold War was Treyarch and Vanguard is Sledgehammer. They also made Advanced Warfare and WWII both of which I thought were pretty good so who knows wtf is going on

The 2020 CoD was originally a joint Sledgehammer-Raven production, but Sledgehammer and Raven had some kind of falling out (?!) and couldn’t work on the project anymore so Treyarch had to be quickly shuffled in Sledgehammer’s place which is why Cold War is so underdeveloped (campaign 2/3 done, using the old engine instead of the new MW one, etc)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's gonna be sad the first year it gets so bad that they skip a COD. Could you even imagine.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The 2020 CoD was originally a joint Sledgehammer-Raven production, but Sledgehammer and Raven had some kind of falling out (?!) and couldn’t work on the project anymore so Treyarch had to be quickly shuffled in Sledgehammer’s place which is why Cold War is so underdeveloped (campaign 2/3 done, using the old engine instead of the new MW one, etc)

The Cold War campaign is so weird because the non-canon bad ending is actually a solid conclusion while the canon good ending just feels like they accidentally forgot to include the last level. I guess that makes sense if there's some behind the scenes drama that Treyarch had to quickly cover for.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The bad ending was incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
i never even played the campaign. I just wanted to run around nuketown 84