Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eliasswift
Jan 12, 2021

Now, let's count up your sins!

Senator

So, this is absolutely the mystery sticker, which... To be honest, I don't think what side we pick will screw the storyline anymore. Maybe it will, maybe it'll give us points, who knows in the end. But I know that we openly wish to support our military and legal authority given... You know, open agenda. So I may not speak for my entire house, but I believe Daucus supports Nay here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Sitting Councilmember

Understanding the nature of how this secretive order was intertwined into the founding of our Kingdom can only bring to light the true nature of the Mother's plan for Ankhist that it may survive even through the machinations of those that would see it founder. If the Heretic Celestina had been somehow hiding her activities masquerading as a member of the faith then finding the truth would only further enlighten on the Mother's plan.

House Cyfoeth can support these studies, and certainly at least doesn't support Sister Tylea's prosecution.

In a slightly more game-related thought as well, mystery sticker give me the good lore dump please.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Hmm. A lot of people seem to be favoring the other way.

What if we were to offer one house (first to agree) 3 Coins to vote Nay with 2 Power?

E: deal retracted

Quackles fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Sep 16, 2021

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019

Sitting Councilmember

Well, it would seem the council is in a relatively calm state at the moment, and in the pursuit of Ankist's history, at that. House Gambol sees no reason to interfere here.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Sitting Councilmember

We've heard various feelings of approval or disapproval from most of the council, what does House Lethe think on this matter?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

scavy131 posted:

Sitting Councilmember

We've heard various feelings of approval or disapproval from most of the council, what does House Lethe think on this matter?

We think things are under control without our influence.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
House Cyfoeth
Sitting Councilmember Mobileposting

Fair enough, we're confident enough in the rest of the council's decision to sit this one out ourselves.

However, just as an offer: House Daucus, would you accept 2 coins to Pass?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

scavy131 posted:

House Cyfoeth
Sitting Councilmember Mobileposting

Fair enough, we're confident enough in the rest of the council's decision to sit this one out ourselves.

However, just as an offer: House Daucus, would you accept 2 coins to Pass?

It seems our attempt has failed, alas. We accept.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Quackles posted:

Fear not, there are future decisions to make, for the King is yet young.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Quackles posted:

Witnessed!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Reign of King Bythe IV, Dilemma 1, Resolution

Vote Results posted:

Votes Aye
Spends 1 Power (current: 10).
Gains 0 Coins gains 3 from Storyline bonus: (current: 19).

Votes Pass and gather Power
Gains 1 Power (current: 9).
Gains 1 Coins (current: 11).

Gains 1 Power (current: 12).
Gains 1 Coins minus 2 from Agreement (current: 11).

Votes Pass and become Moderator (with a bid of 3 Coins)
Gains 0 Power (current: 13).
Gains 1 Coins gains 2 from Agreement (current: 13).

Votes Pass and gather Power (with a bid of 0 Coins)
Gains 1 Power (current: 14).
Gains 1 Coins (current: 11).

House Daucus wins the Moderation bid!
House Pinchay(7), Dukes of Gamam is the current Leader.

Vote Outcome posted:

Mystery Sticker - K

:popeye:

Resources and Stability change:

There currently are 10 cards in the Dilemma deck.

Chronicle stickers: 82

No changes.

Reign of King Bythe IV, Dilemma 2

History of the Kingdom of Ankist posted:

Hall of Rulers

Storyline: - Ending bonus: +20 Cohesion

Storyline: - Ending bonus: +5 Dissent

Storyline: - Ending bonus: +10 Cohesion

Storyline:

- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: Inadequately (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Omobono (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Sighence (also Treasurer)

- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: Quackles (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Bellmaker
- Treasurer/Negotiator: SporkChan

Dilemma 2 posted:

Seems like a sensible reaction to the latest news.

Stakes:

Active Event(s)

Current destination: Stingers Gulf!
:siren::siren::siren:
A 48h voting window is now open!
- Sitting Councilmembers can send me a PM/Email with their final decision. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Treasurers can now start bribing. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Senators are free to discuss the Dilemma and provide their feedback. Don't forget that every choice could have consequences that are not spelled out outright on the front of the card! Also, please remember that the thread is the main discussion platform for your vote intention - the Sheet is only to be used when discussing high level strategy, bargaining strategies and items on the sheet itself.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

There's not a :stare: big enough.

E: we're sitting this one out, but if someone wants to track down and BURN all instances of this knowledge we're willing to fund torches and pitchforks.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Sep 16, 2021

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Uhhhhhhhhhhh

That's that's a.... Thing

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

:barf:

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
I regret every time before now that I've recommended another Ommad for the royal succession.

While this definitely fills in a (very unpleasant) mystery regarding how the kingdom was initially founded, but this does actually add at least one further question regarding Celestina. Did she simply rediscover these rituals or was she perhaps of the line of Rhea and Ommad? Either way I'm glad that we decided her daughter had to burn along with Celestina instead of letting her mind jump into a child.

Which does lead to the newest dilemma, while it's definitely gross I'd have to argue that this knowledge, of at least Celestina's heresy if not exactly what she did, otherwise we risk these dark secrets being rediscovered and having the Hollow Maidens and Immortals return through ignorance if nothing else.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Cyfoeth

Nevermind the question of whether we should (we shouldn't), but let's address whether we even can. Has an attempt like this ever succeeded? Especially for with all the little cubbyholes the church apparently has, there's no way we're getting into all of them in the church alone, forget about some forgotten copy of Now! That's what I call cult leaders vol. 2 at your local library.

Ooc: that said if this wins I want to see about having a mod help make it happen in the thread. it's a lot of work for a dumb joke but I can't not put it out there. I can redact her from cards to minimize TIG's load too.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Sighence posted:

Ooc: that said if this wins I want to see about having a mod help make it happen in the thread. it's a lot of work for a dumb joke but I can't not put it out there. I can redact her from cards to minimize TIG's load too.

Damnatio_memoriae.py loading...

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Sighence posted:

IC, House Daucus is still figuring out a position on this one.

OOC, I'm of the position that we shouldn''t alter the history of the thread, both for reference purposes and to avoid confusion on the part of people reading the archived thread later.

By the way: the lore said three rites, Creation, Transfusion, and Infection.

Creation is probably the immortality one.

Infection is probably the Hollow Maiden one.

Remember how we destroyed a ritual that would let us use blood to create gold?

Quackles fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 16, 2021

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

High Scholar

Thinking on things further, Ankist is much better prepared to face off with immortal cultists than we were. We have the Silver Mallet now, and we know what was going on with Celestina and how to beat Hollow Maidens and the like.

If we erase this knowledge, we risk being in the same predicament down the road as when Celestina first emerged. Right now, we are prepared to deal with it and can pass on wisdom of how to - and let Celestina's fate stand as a warning to anyone else who would try it.

So, we have to support Nay, really.

House Lethe, we propose a deal:

House Lethe will give us 1 Coin, and vote Nay with 3+ Power. We will vote Nay alongside House Lethe, and give them signing rights for the sticker.

To the everlasting memory of giving Celestina the boot.

What say you?

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Quackles posted:

OOC, I'm of the position that we shouldn''t alter the history of the thread, both for reference purposes and to avoid confusion on the part of people reading the archived thread later.

I mean, we all know who She Who Shall Not Be Named is, and for archive readers, it's a pretty great hook to see a name meticulously scrubbed, and the payoff that it was a fully intentional move inspired by an action in the game is on the level of stuff you'd see in the "PYF little things about a game" thread. The only outright drawbacks are on the technical side.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Seems like Nay is in the bag, we’ll sit this one out.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

Quackles posted:

High Scholar

House Lethe, we propose a deal:

House Lethe will give us 1 Coin, and vote Nay with 3+ Power. We will vote Nay alongside House Lethe, and give them signing rights for the sticker.

To the everlasting memory of giving Celestina the boot.

What say you?

Treasurer

House Lethe accepts.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

SporkChan posted:

Treasurer

House Lethe accepts.

Witnessed!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

So that's four houses out of five declared. How does House Cyfoeth feel at the present moment?

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

With nerve endings.

In unrelated news we'll pass.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Today's update is rescheduled for tomorrow! Apologies for the short notice everyone.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reign of King Blythe IV, Dilemma 2, Resolution

Vote Results posted:

Gains 0 Power (current: 10).
Gains 1 Coins (current: 20).

Votes Pass and become Moderator (with a bid of 4 Coins)
Gains 0 Power (current: 9).
Gains 1 Coins (current: 8).

Gains 0 Power (current: 12).
Gains 1 Coins (current: 12).

Votes Nay
Spends 1 Power (current: 12).
Gains 0 Coins gains 1 from Agreement, gains 2 from Storyline bonus: (current: 16).

Votes Nay
Spends 3 Power (current: 11).
Gains 0 Coins minus 1 from Agreement, gains 2 from Storyline bonus: (current: 12).

House Lethe(12), Dukes of Natar is the current Leader.

Vote Outcome posted:

Envelope opened: -
N/A.

Resources and Stability change:

There currently are 9 cards in the Dilemma deck.

Chronicle stickers: 86

Updated.

The end of King Blythe IV's reign.
Oh, Blythe :allears:

Houses - Final scores posted:

Hidden Agendas

Hidden Agenda: Extremist(10), 10x
Open Agenda(s):
Final Power: 10.
Final Coins: 20(first), 4x
Total: 14 Agenda Points

Hidden Agenda: Moderate(4), 13x
Open Agenda(s): Influence(N)(fifth), -3x
Final Power: 9.
Final Coins: 8.
Total: 10 Agenda Points

Hidden Agenda: Opportunist(2), 7x
Open Agenda(s): Morale(P)
Final Power: 12(first), 2x
Final Coins: 12(third), 2x
Total: 11 Agenda Points

Hidden Agenda: Opulent(3), 10x
Open Agenda(s): Influence(P)Welfare(P)
Final Power: 12(first), 2x
Final Coins: 16(second), 4x
Total: 16 Agenda Points

Hidden Agenda: Greedy(1), 7x
Open Agenda(s): Wealth(P)(second), 1x Knowledge(P)(first), 3x Welfare(N)(fifth), -3x
Final Power: 11(second), 1x
Final Coins: 12(third), 4x
Total: 13 Agenda Points

Prestige & Crave
1st place: House Daucus(5), Dukes of Olwyn, gains
2nd place: House Pinchay(7), Dukes of Gamam, gains
3rd place: House Lethe(12), Dukes of Natar, gains
4th place: House Cyfoeth(4), Dukes of Coden, gains
Last place: House Gambol(2), Dukes of Solad, gains
I have updated your House's Sheet with the Prestige/Crave score and updated the Alignment tracker with the Agendas you've picked so far. I've also marked down Achievement progress for the Houses that have managed to do them! These will remain secret until they are complete and will be revealed together with the bonus they provide then.

New Ruler's reign - Setup posted:

Chronicle Aging:

Resource Legacy

Story Legacy

Achievements Legacy

Prestige/Crave Rankings posted:

House Cyfoeth(4), Dukes of Coden: 47x, 7x
House Gambol(2), Dukes of Solad: 46x, 21x
House Daucus(5), Dukes of Olwyn: 45x, 15x
House Pinchay(7), Dukes of Gamam: 39x, 15x
House Lethe(12), Dukes of Natar: 38x, 20x
(P:11, C:16)
- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: Blastinus (also Treasurer)
(P:8, C:10)
- Sitting Councilmember: LPFinale (also Treasurer)
(P:14, C:12)
- Sitting Councilmember: scavy131 (also Treasurer)
(P:13, C:13)
- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: Oblivion4568238 (also Treasurer)
(P:13, C:10)
- Sitting Councilmember: SporkChan
- Treasurer/Negotiator: Covski
  • House Lethe can choose to assign one of their negative Open Agendas to another House. If they do so, they'll also pay them 2 Coins.
  • House Daucus may decide to pick an unassigned Positive Open Agenda (remember the limit is 2!) OR discard a Negative Open Agenda assigned to them.

Hidden Agendas & Picking Order posted:

The House with the least Prestige is the first to pick, while the House with the most Prestige is the last. In case of a tie, the order is based on the "nobility" of the House itself, determined by the "House Number" on your House Sheet (the highest the number, the highest the nobility). The picking order for this reign is:
  • First Pick: House Lethe(12), Dukes of Natar
  • House Pinchay(7), Dukes of Gamam
  • House Daucus(5), Dukes of Olwyn
  • House Gambol(2), Dukes of Solad
  • Last Pick: House Cyfoeth(4), Dukes of Coden
  • The current Sitting Councilmember for each House has 48h to submit their tiered preference for Hidden Agendas through PM/Email, putting all six in a scale from Tier 1 (want most) to Tier 6 (want least). You will be assigned the first Agenda available according to the picking order. NOTE: one Agenda is removed at random before the first House picks.
  • We need the Name of the next Ruler! Everyone is invited to submit their name of choice itt, the most popular will become the next puppet King!
  • It is time to give Blythe IV a nice epitaph (even if they most certainly probably are not dead). A few words or a sentence should do! The most popular (or my favorite, in case there's a tie) will be forever engraved in the OP, together with...
  • A picture to represent Blythe IV's portrait in the Hall of Rulers. You can grab one online, draw it yourself, paper machè it, the sky is the limit.
The time window is the same for the Agendas. If I get everything before the 48h window, I'll run the update then.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
Our late (or perhaps not) liege deserves the title of The Archivist, for his dedication to preservation of ancient records, despite their controversial nature.

Poor Blythe IV, he was just too much of a book lover for his own good.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
Time to retire 'Blythe' from the regnal names list for another generation or two, their turnover rate is way too high.

We could always try the old classic, King Harald VII.

Or we could have Queen Franz-Josephina II,
Both names seem to have presided over long and eventful reigns.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

scavy131 posted:

Time to retire 'Blythe' from the regnal names list for another generation or two, their turnover rate is way too high.

We could always try the old classic, King Harald VII.

Or we could have Queen Franz-Josephina II,
Both names seem to have presided over long and eventful reigns.

I do quite like Harald VII.

Also, may I suggest, for the portrait of the Hundred-Day King...?

It's a bit different from the usual style— but so was Blythe :v:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Interregnum
After the Hundred-Years Queen, the Hundred-Days King's reign was almost a footnote in the history of Ankist. For how short his regency was, Blythe nonetheless supervisioned two very important events: the controversial reveal of Ommad's alleged identity; and the decision not to relegate the damnable Celestina to a damnatio memoriae - two decisions that may have somewhat influenced the duration of his tenure.

The Motto means "Who?"

All Hail King Harald VII!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reign of King Harald VII, Dilemma 1

History of the Kingdom of Ankist posted:

Hall of Rulers

Storyline: - Ending bonus: +5 Dissent

Storyline:

- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: Blastinus (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: LPFinale (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: scavy131 (also Treasurer)

- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: Oblivion4568238 (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: SporkChan
- Treasurer/Negotiator: Covski

Dilemma 1 posted:

Stakes:

Resources and Stability:

Active Event(s)

Current destination: Stingers Gulf!
A 48h voting window is now open!
- Sitting Councilmembers can send me a PM/Email with their final decision. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Treasurers can now start bribing. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Senators are free to discuss the Dilemma and provide their feedback. Don't forget that every choice could have consequences that are not spelled out outright on the front of the card! Also, please remember that the thread is the main discussion platform for your vote intention - the Sheet is only to be used when discussing high level strategy, bargaining strategies and items on the sheet itself.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Add a small fresco of a member of House Gambol getting trampled by the nuptial carriage and I'm all in favour of it.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Sitting Councilmember

House Cyfoeth has always been supportive of the now generations old alliance between Ankhist and the Enkhali to the north. While Edgarn and Laera are now long passed we can definitely support their union being commemorated through statuary.

Edit:We can also support Gambol's recommended addition.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Have to fix this because I forgot: Lethe was giving their Negative Angeda (+2 coins) to Gambol!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That Italian Guy posted:

Have to fix this because I forgot: Lethe was giving their Negative Angeda (+2 coins) to Gambol!

:homebrew:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

scavy131 posted:

Sitting Councilmember

House Cyfoeth has always been supportive of the now generations old alliance between Ankhist and the Enkhali to the north. While Edgarn and Laera are now long passed we can definitely support their union being commemorated through statuary.

Statues are nice.

scavy131 posted:

Edit:We can also support Gambol's recommended addition.

:same:

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Foreman

Given our current peacetime, we might as well use the red iron for something. House Pinchay is also in support of this project, but we'd like to grab the sticker, so...

House Pinchay will offer 2 Gold to every house that passes. Open to all who want to take it.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Blastinus posted:

Foreman

Given our current peacetime, we might as well use the red iron for something. House Pinchay is also in support of this project, but we'd like to grab the sticker, so...

House Pinchay will offer 2 Gold to every house that passes. Open to all who want to take it.

Sounds like a good time. We accept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019

Blastinus posted:

Foreman

Sitting Councilmember

House Gambol accepts the terms.

:homebrew: