Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Guess after enough time in someone's pants hole you'll have heard their name enough to remember it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

wait he literally refers to it as Kris's spacious pants hole minutes before delivering the "blue person whose name i know" gag lol

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
ALL of the Big Shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRFvGAaAp-A

ALL OF THEM

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
One thing confused me a bit towards the end: (Normal route, post boss)

Susie asks Kris "Hey, so if hypothetically you were gonna take someone to the festival, who would you take?"

I didn't want to make Susie jealous so I said Ralsei. She then got upset and said "Why are you saying it all weird?" and then did like an Ugh Nevermind kind thing. Was kris misspeaking or what did this mean?

What does she say if you pick Noelle?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Your Computer posted:

oh gosh I am watching someone else play the game now and I never noticed in my own playthrough how Noelle acts when following Susie in the party

I was wondering if there was more then just the blushing added/changed, so a side by side really helps:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

noelle sure likes susie's tail.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

That Dang Dad posted:

Susie asks Kris "Hey, so if hypothetically you were gonna take someone to the festival, who would you take?"

I didn't want to make Susie jealous so I said Ralsei. She then got upset and said "Why are you saying it all weird?" and then did like an Ugh Nevermind kind thing. Was kris misspeaking or what did this mean?

as demonstrated a couple times in the rest of the game, when you make Kris say things they don't personally agree with, they will say the words but can put some spin on them like doing it tremendously unenthusiastically

so i would guess that's just another indication that Kris isn't particularly fond of Ralsei and is weirded out by having to say they're the one they'd pick

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It's also feasible that Kris was weird about it because, as far as we know, Ralsei wouldn't be able to come to the real world. Kris seems to be hiding the way darkners appear in the real world from Susie.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Also you know Ralsie looks like Asriel, which Kris might be okay with in a brother context but not in a take to a romantic festival context (even though Kris clicks on the Monsters 4 Humans in your area popup)

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Tenebrais posted:

It's also feasible that Kris was weird about it because, as far as we know, Ralsei wouldn't be able to come to the real world. Kris seems to be hiding the way darkners appear in the real world from Susie.

I'm pretty sure you get the same reaction if you say Noelle. If you say Susie she gets flustered instead and accuses you of dodging the question because obviously she'd be there. This proves that Kris/Susie is canon. Condolences to Noelle, but it's her own fault for not going on a magical journey of self discovery with Susie first.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Lord_Magmar posted:

Also you know Ralsie looks like Asriel, which Kris might be okay with in a brother context but not in a take to a romantic festival context (even though Kris clicks on the Monsters 4 Humans in your area popup)

They could like other monsters

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Snake Maze posted:

I'm pretty sure you get the same reaction if you say Noelle. If you say Susie she gets flustered instead and accuses you of dodging the question because obviously she'd be there. This proves that Kris/Susie is canon. Condolences to Noelle, but it's her own fault for not going on a magical journey of self discovery with Susie first.

So that'd mean everyone that's gone into the dark world with Susie has come out with a crush on her! Chapter 7 is just going to be a dating sim from Susie's perspective, all this dark world stuff is just setting up for that

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Tenebrais posted:

So that'd mean everyone that's gone into the dark world with Susie has come out with a crush on her! Chapter 7 is just going to be a dating sim from Susie's perspective, all this dark world stuff is just setting up for that

But Noelle clearly already had a crush on Susie before going into the dark world in ch2 so :tinfoil:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Late game flashback to the time that all the characters went to the dark world together long before the start of the game but then all forgot about it because of dark world amnesia

gosh this is rpg writing 101 get it together man

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Tunicate posted:

Late game flashback to the time that all the characters went to the dark world together long before the start of the game but then all forgot about it because of dark world amnesia

um i think you'll find it was the dark orphanage actually

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
Damn you, Lyle, and damn your style.

Tunicate posted:

Someone may have forgotten something...

Normal route:
Noelle says this about exploring "the forest behind the graveyard," which may refer to the strange bunker.

Side B/Snowgrave/Pipis Route:
Noelle says this about the door to Spamton's shop:

Something may have happened back then... or maybe exposure to "Gaster Vibes" just leaves a unique, unsettling impression that Noelle can't put a name to.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I wonder how much of the writing is Toby taking internet speculation (like PIE THEORY) and including it in the game. Maybe Gaster was just a broken Easter egg (only one letter difference) but Toby included more since everyone loved speculating

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Based on all the posts about snowgrave route my best guess is that at one point, Kris went on an adventure with Noelle and Dess (and maybe Asriel), Dess either got hit by a car and froze to death, or got lost in the woods and froze to death

but that's just a theeeeeory

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

That Dang Dad posted:

Here's the reaction to all the choices: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnQAAx-5K8E

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Two Inch Bee posted:

Someone may have forgotten something...

Normal route:
Noelle says this about exploring "the forest behind the graveyard," which may refer to the strange bunker.

Side B/Snowgrave/Pipis Route:
Noelle says this about the door to Spamton's shop:

Something may have happened back then... or maybe exposure to "Gaster Vibes" just leaves a unique, unsettling impression that Noelle can't put a name to.

I don't see how the bunker could be behind the graveyard, given that you go in different directions to get there.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Why is the hatless Ralsei plush not available for me to buy yet!? You can't just tease something like that and then NOT let me give you money for it fangamer!

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003

Supremezero posted:

I don't see how the bunker could be behind the graveyard, given that you go in different directions to get there.

Yeah, that's admittedly not how I'd describe the location either. If anything, I'd call it "the forest past the graveyard," since you pass fairly close to the graveyard in order to get there. But the bunker area is the only place we can visit that remotely fits that description. If it's not that, then they presumably just went into the player-impassable trees at the graveyard's edge, and it really is just a story about going into the woods and nothing happening.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Supremezero posted:

If you take what we see of the world less literally, when you're coming from the direction of Noelle and Kris' house, the Bunker is behind the Graveyard? Like you'd pass through the forest to the graveyard, then if you kept going into the forest across, you could find your way to the bunker.

But I also dunno, I assume it's just talking about spooky woods.

Noelle is probably just nostalgic about the unknown.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

People act like you don't have a goal for bside. You do, it's pretty explicit. You're trying to prove gaster wrong. He said nothing you do matters? Time to snap this game in half to prove his stupid rear end wrong

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

People act like you don't have a goal for bside. You do, it's pretty explicit. You're trying to prove gaster wrong. He said nothing you do matters? Time to snap this game in half to prove his stupid rear end wrong

It's not probably Gaster who said your choices don't matter. When the survey drops the "will all be discarded" it takes a different tone. I've been told its even more apparent in the Japanese version.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The goal for Bside is wanting to see some creepy poo poo happen.

It's the sort of thing Noelle would love If she were watching it instead of having to live it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It's pretty obviously a different character. The Voice has Gaster's theme and speaks in all caps, the Other Voice does neither.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
More playthroughs, I know at least one person was looking for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZboaS73xos

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's funny how Susie just keeps looking more and more key to whatever resembles a happy ending for everyone because she kinda just bulldozes through the bullshit where this or that dark world thing represents this or that thing and this is a metaphor for this or that.

She's just happy to have friends and do/see cool poo poo, our weird meddling as the player/puppeteer just kinda bounces right off of her.

TakenForGranite
Jan 13, 2015
Hate to say it but I don't think Spamton's mention of someone named Mike is all too important... given that so much of Spamton is referencing this specific ad for Big Shot Soda. A Mike Ditka Commercial... in 1997 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy19H-hVbIE

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If I'm allowed to theorycraft a bit here the bside stuff is more about letting us do things we couldn't normally. My assumption is at one point we're going to have to fight a boss that Kris won't let you attack, but if you've been doing the bside stuff and you get the twisted sword suddenly you can win an unwinnable fight and the game will unravel from your actions there. Maybe an asrael fight or something?

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Fabricated posted:

She's just happy to have friends and do/see cool poo poo, our weird meddling as the player/puppeteer just kinda bounces right off of her.

Huh... I wonder if that's a part of why Kris seems to prefer going to the festival with her. Maybe they feel safer from us/the controlling influence with Susie around?

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
I'm really glad this chapter lets Kris and Noelle grow closer together and bond over activities they both enjoy.

Side B spoilers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRex_itvBY4

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
People have been having fun with the Bosom/Perish joke, as when you choose Bosom the Queene xplains it means Tity. However, if you choose Perish, Susie says "You didn't have to say it so enthusiastically."

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but if you examine the shadowcrystal the description text says that for a second, you can see the computer lab

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

TakenForGranite posted:

Hate to say it but I don't think Spamton's mention of someone named Mike is all too important... given that so much of Spamton is referencing this specific ad for Big Shot Soda. A Mike Ditka Commercial... in 1997 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy19H-hVbIE

I've seen multiple people post this video and it seems like a huge reach to me because aside from the name and the year it came out it has nothing to do with anything.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I don't know if anyone's brought it up in the thread before, but the beginning of Welcome to the City sounds a lot like the chorus to 74, a song Toby composed for itoki hana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poKI_MY0Bkw

It's a song about a dragon disguised as a princess who wishes to feel wanted and kills anyone who gets too close to finding out her true identity. I just find that interesting, given this is the chapter where the player can take their mask off and show Noelle, Berdly, and Kris just how monstrous they truly are.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ryaomon posted:

I've seen multiple people post this video and it seems like a huge reach to me because aside from the name and the year it came out it has nothing to do with anything.

yeah, just the name, the year, and the thirty some odd repetitions of the phrase “Big Shot”

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

The Flowy voice clips were literally taken from an old McDonald's commercial Toby loves his weird commercial references.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Whitenoise Poster posted:

The Flowy voice clips were literally taken from an old McDonald's commercial Toby loves his weird commercial references.

Yup, I believe the Deltarune voice clips were provided by Toby himself though.

Speaking of voices, who sings the ending theme (in Chapter 1 at least, not sure if it comes back in 2) and did they ever make a longer version of it?