Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/BossMoz/status/1440397105395208204

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

That animation has way higher workrate than the actual promotion

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it's a drat cum trunk

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/AEWGames/status/1440432122825637899

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/sirlariato/status/1440375693687148546?s=21

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Makes me sad we never got a super huge buff dude in Kenshiro clothes poking opponents to death with like a blood tablet in their mouth gushing out in a spray Muta style.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NienNunb posted:

The box mix of Red Lobster’s cheddar bay biscuits is the best thing in my life

Absolutely, my GF bought me a box and I was prepared to be underwhelmed but they were quite good

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/DoudropWWE/status/1440399488812662789

lol

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Turns out that's most of it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Double D, it's a long rear end show, and most of it is bad, just a head's up.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Oh no, she's already got CTE

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Wait poo poo, I just realized that's Doudrop. :ohdear:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Vandar posted:

Wait poo poo, I just realized that's Doudrop. :ohdear:

That's viper piper

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Imagine getting that gimmick and then going on twitter to fight for it

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Mulaney Power Move posted:

has there ever been a baker gimmick. like in wwf. like brodus "the baker" poundcake

Longtime Dragon Gate guy Yagi had one.

quote:

When the ItaCon admitted on January 23, 2003 that they were all indeed Japanese and not Italian, Yagi admitted that he was not a fisherman, but instead the son of a baker. Stable leader Milano Collection A.T. then (kayfabe) banished him to his father's bakery to learn the family trade.

He would make his return as Bakery Yagi, costing Crazy MAX a match against the Italian Connection by whacking SUWA in the knee with a baguette. At this point, the Italian Connection was full of internal strife as to whether the stable was to be face or heel. As Bakery, he came down on the heel side. He began carrying loaves of bread to the ring, and using them as weapons in matches. When the ItaCon split, Yagi sided with the heels.

Yagi's in-ring career would end as part of the unnamed ItaCon breakaway faction. He, group leader Shuji Kondo, and brother YASSHI were in the ring when Kondo ordered him to the back to get some bread he baked. While he was backstage, Toru Owashi entered the ring. He made the statement that "sumos don't eat bread", and the three men attacked Yagi, shoving his bread down his throat.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Man I drunkenly signed up for the WRONG Japanese online wresting service

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The Italian Connection was such a cool stable, as you'd expect from any group built around Man with Invisible Dog Milano Collection AT

https://twitter.com/onitafire123/status/1439852928748060679?s=19

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

When his mom told him that he had the same stats as his Dad I lost it

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

has there ever been a baker gimmick. like in wwf. like brodus "the baker" poundcake

just one

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/1440476892172193803

Even better, with Effy giving it a like.

And it's impressive by Dragon Gate to take the name "Italian connection" and make it sound so Japanese with Itacon.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

we've had butchers, barbers, accountants, tow truck drivers, why not a baker?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

WWE is a show made by a 76 year old almost exclusively for 10 year olds and only watched by 50 year olds.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

we've had butchers, barbers, accountants, tow truck drivers, why not a baker?

There was a Baker, but she's a dentist.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

I don't keep up with WWE, what is she talking about? Pretty funny that a white woman is complaining about middleaged white dudes not liking her segments though.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

She's not wrong, WWE in that Raw is a long show, and based on the dwindling audience, not a single part of it is for anyone.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I don't keep up with WWE, what is she talking about? Pretty funny that a white woman is complaining about middleaged white dudes not liking her segments though.
Meltzer reported that 1500 people left during the Flair/Alexa segment on RAW. Bryan Alvarez went on to say that someone *in* the WWE texted him and said it was 700, not 1500 (And Alvarez said he wasn't there so he can only report on what he was told)

Anytime Meltzer says anything the WWE doesn't like the WWE seems to send out everyone to attack Meltzer, and ofc the WWE fan's do too because they already hate him

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Bryan didn't say if he shared that text with Dave, who I'm sure has his own sources, but I like to imagine that if you tell Dave a number he'll let it sit for a while before doubling it to make a point.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Why yes, I will go to bat for the lovely gimmick I've been given and the lovely segments I've been involved with lately. My reacting in fear to a hastily pasted-in and poorly CGI'd doll winking is something you just don't get because you're old and white.

Honestly can't figure out what they're trying to do with the name Doudrop anyway. In any other company I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and say its probably not a fat thing, but WWE?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Besides being a copyrightable-form of "Dew Drop", I can't make any sense out of it, and that includes a fat joke.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its doo drop because wwe thinks shes poo poo

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

I keep telling you people, Scottish people aren't white.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
This is like when a kid's movie is bad and people just go "ITS FOR KIDS, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT" or an action movie is bad and people go "IT'S JUST SUPPOSED TO BE DUMB ACTION, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT" totally ignoring there's good examples in both genres. I can promise, being black and not middle aged hasn't made me enjoy Alexa Bliss/Lily segments more, although I suppose since I'm not old I 'get' them more with having seen a trillion spooky girl movies. And yeah I knew Doudrop drank the kool-aid once she was fighting people online who said the name WWE gave her was bad.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/alljapan_pw/status/1440612609133219853?s=20

All Japan uploaded a new match from the archive, Mexico Amigos vs T28, Tatsushi Yamaguchi, Kikutaro & Ryuji Hijikata

Mexico Amigos of course being Pepe Michinoku (TAKA), Miguel Hayashi Jr. (Kaz Hayashi), El NOSAWA Mendoza (NOSAWA Rongai) & Ray Minoru (You can guess from the photo)

Mostly I just wanted the pictures

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Tampa Bae posted:

Meltzer reported that 1500 people left during the Flair/Alexa segment on RAW. Bryan Alvarez went on to say that someone *in* the WWE texted him and said it was 700, not 1500 (And Alvarez said he wasn't there so he can only report on what he was told)

Anytime Meltzer says anything the WWE doesn't like the WWE seems to send out everyone to attack Meltzer, and ofc the WWE fan's do too because they already hate him

https://twitter.com/AlexaBliss_WWE/status/1440438142658498560

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Another lol @ the person who goes on national tv dressed as a child with a doll using the phrase "embarrassing yourself"

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

Another lol @ the person who goes on national tv dressed as a child with a doll using the phrase "embarrassing yourself"

well at least they haven't put her in a diaper yet

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Blaise330 posted:

also she's from Ohio, probably the most embarrassing thing about her.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Mr. Squishy posted:

Besides being a copyrightable-form of "Dew Drop", I can't make any sense out of it, and that includes a fat joke.

Best I can figure is a dew drop is light and delicate so it’s meant to be ironic since she’s not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lol stealing this