Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

💡DID YOU KNOW: If you set the localization to french in excel you can't have more than nine rows and you can't have more than nine columns? It's because the french think I9 is "enough".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Pardot posted:

💡DID YOU KNOW: If you set the localization to french in excel you can't have more than nine rows and you can't have more than nine columns? It's because the french think I9 is "enough".
:france:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Shaggar posted:

excel is the most powerful piece of software on every computer.

"And if on hearing this you feel a sudden sense of existential terror, don't worry, that just means that you're still sane."

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/thejoeydavis/status/1440682273720848391?s=21

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

attn: Johnny - perfect for your new rig :cool:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

nobody show this to my son

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

wow just think how much jerkin you can do down there

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

thats pretty cool for a kid

...oh you're buying it for your apartment? ooooh

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

we had the option for lofted beds in college dorms but I figured climbing up a ladder drunk wouldn't be good so my bed was a bottom bunk

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the only acceptable build for things like that are in a dorm room, with a bunch of hastily sawed 2x4's (you will be able to sharpie them up with obscenities over the years!) whanged together with drywall screws, with a couple optional 1/4" lag bolts for the real stress points

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Jonny 290 posted:

the only acceptable build for things like that are in a dorm room, with a bunch of hastily sawed 2x4's (you will be able to sharpie them up with obscenities over the years!) whanged together with drywall screws, with a couple optional 1/4" lag bolts for the real stress points

Mattress? This can't hold a mattress, you're sleeping in a sleeping bag up there

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

the mesh panels really make it seem punitive

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Kenny Logins posted:

the mesh panels really make it seem punitive

its like the home version of those amazon jerkin it booths

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Lake of Methane posted:

its like the home version of those amazon jerkin it booths

those what?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Amazon jerkin-it pods. It's for when you need to step away to polish your Jeffrey on break

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
official name is "wellness chamber" aka the cry-on-your-break booth

its real

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

A home is a boomer social construct that existed before we had THE POD

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Jonny 290 posted:

its real

i keep getting the two confused, i['m sorry i'm sorry!!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

A home is a boomer social construct that existed before we had THE POD

what is a home but a pod with a ton of wasted space

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

haveblue posted:

what is a home but a pod with a ton of wasted space

With that much room how do you know where to cry?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

oh i see. they have little one-person booths at google, too. they're for meetings because open offices are dumb, so it's kind of a dick move to take a video call at your desk

but those amazon booths really do seem to be "go here to cry" spaces. jfc

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Hiram Grewgious posted:

oh i see. they have little one-person booths at google, too. they're for meetings because open offices are dumb, so it's kind of a dick move to take a video call at your desk

but those amazon booths really do seem to be "go here to cry" spaces. jfc

cry, piss, jerk, really they're just general fluid emission spaces

you can probably smell them from ten yards with the door closed

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

also, corporations leaning into "mindfulness" and "meditation" bullshit so that they can continue grinding their workers to dust (but now with a vaguely buddhist veneer) really pisses me off. this poo poo's my fuckin religion not a productivity optimization problem

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
if this pod's a-rockin dont come a-knockin

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Hiram Grewgious posted:

also, corporations leaning into "mindfulness" and "meditation" bullshit so that they can continue grinding their workers to dust (but now with a vaguely buddhist veneer) really pisses me off. this poo poo's my fuckin religion not a productivity optimization problem

100 per fuckin' cent

it's relieving to hear that from someone else, i know you're kinda on my same wavelength with this stuff given some past comments

just another goddamn way of offloading more responsibility to not break down and cry from everything onto the worker. clearly they just weren't working hard enough at spending their free time making sure they were preparing to work as hard as possible

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Hiram Grewgious posted:

the religion about enduring relentless suffering on a cosmic scale has been coopted by corporations, oh word? ?? ???????

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
it turns out that the path to the end of suffering starts at dismantling capitalism

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

drat thing doesn't even have a glory hole smdh

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

rotor posted:

if this pod's a-cryin dont come a-pryin

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

rotor posted:

if this pod's a-rockin dont come a-knockin
The security guards at a FAANG told me some tales about those Quiet Rooms. What do bored and lonely engineers get up to in there, when a toilet cubicle doesn't offer quite the same privacy? Hint: don't ever touch the walls.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

drat thing doesn't even have a glory hole smdh

related, whenever I see two portashitters right next to each other I always have to wonder

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Hiram Grewgious posted:

sounds like someone isnt 100% onboard with the latest corporate wellness initiative!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

minato posted:

The security guards at a FAANG told me some tales about those Quiet Rooms. What do bored and lonely engineers get up to in there, when a toilet cubicle doesn't offer quite the same privacy? Hint: don't ever touch the walls.

if this isn't your first assumption you are woefully naive

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
who tf is still able to get physically aroused in 2021 what the hell

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

who tf is still able to get physically aroused in 2021 what the hell
👉😎👈

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Jonny 290 posted:

its real

drat this angries up the blood

i totally get the safe spaces on college campuses and anyone who disses the idea has no empathy

but working in the robot death warehouse, how are you going to be mindful when every instinct in your body is constantly saying no

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

drat this angries up the blood

i totally get the safe spaces on college campuses and anyone who disses the idea has no empathy

but working in the robot death warehouse, how are you going to be mindful when every instinct in your body is constantly saying no

"but we gave you the tools, it's not our fault if you couldn't use them properly"

blam fired for crying

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_470/7d5647e571a668586e95e9fc3966d67a.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

I filmed this sheep a few uears ago and made this point les video

https://giant.gfycat.com/TestyHiddenLeafwing.mp4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5NX1FC-7-w