Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I [would like to course-correct if you're town buddy, but that whole "hmm now I can't tell if Bif is still shitposting or not" once I just started getting all excited seemed a bit far-fetched.

Could you possibly elaborate more on what you thought binus' good idea was? That could dismantle a decent chunk of my case.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I think I know what Binus is up to and if he is town, it's a pretty good idea. Unless he's a scum PGO trying to murder all the power roles but that would just be loving hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Like think about it. Why would I as scum, put a giant target on my back by calling out someone who's under zero scrutiny while people are focusing on a lurker vote.

Bifauxnen posted:

I [would like to course-correct if you're town buddy, but that whole "hmm now I can't tell if Bif is still shitposting or not" once I just started getting all excited seemed a bit far-fetched.

Could you possibly elaborate more on what you thought binus' good idea was? That could dismantle a decent chunk of my case.

I actually like the idea of giving a bunch more abilities to one person so he can use them all without having to spend a turn ethic shifting and doing nothing. If he's town, then it's just completely beneficial, and if he's scum, then they can still only use one and none of the ones that would presumably be copied are useful to scum. Or you know, he's PGO and murders a ton of people but that would just be hilarious.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Someone gimme a sentence case on Plastic?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Like think about it. Why would I as scum, put a giant target on my back by calling out someone who's under zero scrutiny while people are focusing on a lurker vote.

gently caress, that is a decent point especially when said person is me and you would probably

quote:

I actually like the idea of giving a bunch more abilities to one person so he can use them all without having to spend a turn ethic shifting and doing nothing. If he's town, then it's just completely beneficial, and if he's scum, then they can still only use one and none of the ones that would presumably be copied are useful to scum. Or you know, he's PGO and murders a ton of people but that would just be hilarious.

gently caress, misanthropy always gets me in the heart

Sandwolf posted:

Someone gimme a sentence case on Plastic?

He said a couple little things I'm fixating on as potentially fake and scummy

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

gently caress, that is a decent point especially when said person is me and you would probably

Maf edit: lost the words "know better" at the end there somewhere in my copypasting

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bif you are so bifcentric

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Plastic:
Is there anyone else you'd point to as scum?

Everyone else:
Wouldn't you rather let plastic play the game as an active participant and kill tommunist rather than hope tommunist isn't scum/that scum will kill him when it's very well likely that he'll be watched/tracked tonight?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Eh there hasn't been enough to go on yet, but Hal's up there for only suddenly coming out of his lurker shell at the last minute to start pushing this vote on me. Also not really fond of the Somber vote either but that's probably more OMGUS or whatever it's called. The rest I'd have to re-read.

Anyways, there's 20 minutes left so if we'd like to swap over before scum last minute hammers me in the name of getting a lunch I'd appreciate it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am about to board. If we need me to move it better be now

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

Everyone else:
Wouldn't you rather let plastic play the game as an active participant and kill tommunist

To be fair, yes. And that's why I was being more chilled out and wanting to vote Tommu, but then that Plastic stuff really jumped out at me so I don't wanna just abandon it.

I will trust though that getting songs stuck in people's heads will suffice for now.

##vote Tommu

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Thank you scum mason buddy. <3 We can continue our death match tomorrow, or maybe something else will pop out.

And yes, Merk, time to move.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Grandicap posted:

You think that 2-shot doublevote and 1-shot doc is the towniest role on the list? That is an opinion to have but doublevotes are a superpowerful scum ability too. I think a 1-shot doc is a worse power than a 1-shot roleblock in stopping kills, I think it's easier to nab a killer than a target. But that is neither here nor there, the question is, do you think everyone not b-lining it for a 1-shot doc is a scummy thing? Why?

No, but I think anyone b-lining it away from the 1-shot doc is a scummy thing. The roleblock can, unlike the doc, be used profitably by scum, or even inadvertently harm town.

Grandicap posted:

You also don't know my personality and what it would impact my ethics choices. And also, if you think there is a complex mechanic in the game and I'm not going to play with it you have different ideals than I have.

True, agreed. But I can only make judgments on the things I know. I agree it's a possibility that your personality makes it a good choice.

Grandicap posted:

There is good reason for a player, town or scum to change ethics. No ethics have bad powers, just differently useful powers. If someone is going to change ethics, they should use their powers, if they can, before they change to not waste them.
Doublevotes can be just as good for scum as a vig in shrinking LYLO. You are right that I am throwing away the power when it is least useful to use, but how does that make me scum? Double votes are least useful to use on D1 as scum too.

I think throwing away a 1 shot on d1 is not helpful to town, and there were other things about your case that made me skeptical it was made in good faith - choosing not to engage with any of the other discussion in the day, making your point about the binus situation in as noncommittal way as possible. The fact that you are also trying to move away from, in my opinion, the best town power is icing on the cake.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Thank you scum mason buddy. <3

Don't press your luck! :argh:

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##vote Tommunist

Making dinner now, should be able to check my phone as deadline approaches.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I really hope I'm wrong about you, Bif.

..Also if we're going to get a lunch, people need to vote Tom now. I know there's several of you who have been posting in the last few minutes.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
##vote Tommunist, the plastic case is not super compelling compared to a lurker

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

:redhammer:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
well, no, we still need one more, but I like your enthusiasm

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

wait poo poo it's 8 to execute this isn't hammer at all

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Epsilon Plus posted:

well, no, we still need one more, but I like your enthusiasm

lol

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Everybody knows that Plastic can't count
But man he's so fine that nobody's gonna tell him

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

anyways there's like 10 minutes left, I know Perpetual Idiot just posted and both Hal and Sandwolf were around a few minutes ago, there's no excuse.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Tommunist

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

okay that's actually :redhammer: this time

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sorry friend Tommu, see you next game

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Pretend the thread is closed. I’ll post a flip when I get home.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

My Liege! The people rejoice. Eleanor doth accept your proposal. On midsummer’s eve the daughter of the Rimnaulfids shall be thine own wife!

May the halls ring out that, soon Tommunist, Count of Tours, shall soon become Duke of Acquit . . . .

Oh.

Wrong paradox game.

Hold tight space nerds I’ll be home to post the flip soon.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Tommunist, United Dyss Combine, Town-aligned, has been executed. You all intercepted this original role PM broadcast with your space wizard magic:

original role PM posted:

United Dyss Combine, Town-aligned.

Your empire is ruled by a military strongman who is head of both the government and all state armed forces. Your empire is composed of organic pops.

You win when all threats to Town are eliminated.

Beginning Ethos
Fanatic Authoritarian: Your empire's leaders rule with an iron fist and eliminate all dissenters. The state's paranoia has lead to many advances in covert surveillance which can be used to observe enemies both foreign and domestic.
Militarist: Your empire's martial prowess makes you a hard target to conquer.

Current abilities: 2 x watch, 1 x ethic cop, 1 x bulletproof

Personality
Hegemonic Imperialists: Your empire believes they are the rightful rulers of the galaxy and will stop at nothing to expand their territory. If at any point you go into a night phase with no available one shot abilities you will passively gain a one shot watch to use the following night.

Linked ethos: Authoritarian, Militarist.

It is now Night 1. Send your stuff in to OA because no way in hell can I figure all this out.

There has to be an easier way to copy formatting from discord into posts on this stupid forum

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Tommunist (8): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, merk, Toalpaz, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Shellception, Maerlyn, PlasticAutomaton, merk, Bifauxnen, Grandicap, Epsilon Plus, merk
PlasticAutomaton (2): Bifauxnen, Hal Insandenza, Somberbrero, Grandicap, merk, Bifauxnen, Grandicap, merk
Grandicap (1): Sandwolf, Sandwolf, PERPETUAL IDIOT
Bifauxnen (1): merk, merk, Sandwolf, PlasticAutomaton, PlasticAutomaton
Somberbrero (1): b-minus1, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
Maerlyn (1): merk, merk, Yami Fenrir
merk (1): Grandicap, Grandicap, Grandicap
Yami Fenrir (0): merk, Somberbrero, merk, Somberbrero
Toalpaz (0): Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus
Sandwolf (0): Tommunist, Toalpaz, Tommunist, Toalpaz

Not Voting (1): Tommunist

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 22nd, 2021 at 11 p.m. GMT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

code:
receiving intelligence report…

increased levels of chatter detected over various encrypted networks…
high levels of fleet movement reported galaxy wide…
low level skirmishes reported in multiple sectors…

analysis indicates empire boundaries unchanged…
levels of em disruption unchanged…

end report…
No one died Night 1.

It is now Day 2.

Hal Insandenza, Somberbrero and PERPETUAL IDIOT failed to meet the posting threshold Day 1 and receive a lurker warning.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (14): b-minus1, Bifauxnen, Epsilon Plus, Grandicap, Hal Insandenza, Maerlyn, merk, PERPETUAL IDIOT, PlasticAutomaton, Sandwolf, Shellception, Somberbrero, Toalpaz, Yami Fenrir

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 26th, 2021 at 11 p.m. GMT -- that's in about 3 days, 3 hours.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote Grandi

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

##vote Grandi

Are you the one who shot me last night?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

##vote Grandi

Grandicap posted:

Whoah what all is going on here, Sandwolf do you know something

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandicap posted:

lmao excuse me?

I jus looked through the Tommu votes, found one that seemed weak, and pooped a vote out.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandicap posted:

were you made aware that you survived a kill attempt?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

were you made aware that you survived a kill attempt?

I lost my BP last night.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Sandwolf posted:

##vote Grandi

Grandicap posted:

Strong start to day 2 but why would Sand throw himself out there immediately like that if that were the case?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
It was so obvious that tommunist was town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted: