Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
That was an enjoyable enough throwaway What If, I think this, the murder mystery one and the zombie ones have been my favourite so far. Feels like the real change here was Maria and Carol were low on patience for drunken antics though, Captain Marvel just full on punching someone hard enough to send a powered up Thor flying when she doesn't know how powerful/resilient he is seems like a bit of a jerk move. If he wasn't invulnerable to that degree he would have been kersplatted instantly presumably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

Captain Marvel just full on punching someone hard enough to send a powered up Thor flying when she doesn't know how powerful/resilient he is seems like a bit of a jerk move. If he wasn't invulnerable to that degree he would have been kersplatted instantly presumably.

Frigga mentioned knowing who she was, so it's likely that Carol knew about Asgardians and what kind of punishment they could take. The weirdest thing to me was that she couldn't lift the hammer when Thor set it on her, since in this timeline it would never have gotten Odin's enchantment. If she can no-sell Thor's lightning, presumably she'd be strong enough to lift an Asgardian weapon, even if it is normally just really heavy.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Robot Style posted:

since in this timeline it would never have gotten Odin's enchantment.

This is just speculation. Maybe being worthy in this timeline means not being a party pooper.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

kazil posted:

This is just speculation. Maybe being worthy in this timeline means not being a party pooper.

Until proven otherwise I'm going to pretend he became worthy by joining on with Odin's attempts at brokering peace with the Ice Giants, by partying.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

My Thor wants to party all the time, party all the time, party alllll theeee tiiiiimeee.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I also really like super chill Loki.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

8one6 posted:

I also really like super chill Loki.

Big lol that he still sucks at hitting on people/dating and only ends looking like a big sleazy dumbass. Also, I loved that one way or another Thor and him are gonna be always brothers, that was a sweet detail.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

cant cook creole bream posted:

It's always interesting which actors voice their characters themselves. Apparently they could get Natalie Portman, but not Brie Larson.

Maybe Larson wasn't down with Carol's characterisation as Captain Partypooper. I mean, I get why it works for this episode and she works as the straight man to Party Thor, but given some of the criticisms she was getting for being too flat in her performance in Captain Marvel & Endgame, maybe this wasn't her cup of tea.

Hopefully she might be willing to reprise her role in other episodes.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 22, 2021

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Yvonmukluk posted:

Maybe Larson wasn't down with Carol's characterisation as Captain Partypooper. I mean, I get why it works for this episode and she works as the straight man to Party Thor, but given some of the criticisms she was getting for being too flat in her performance in Captain Marvel & Endgame, maybe this wasn't her cup of tea.

She also might have been too busy

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

She wasn't in the murder mystery episode either, so probably not this season but maybe season 2.

Could just be something similar to what happened to Batista, where Marvel reached out to her agent or something and they declined it on her behalf without asking her.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

This was a very, very silly episode, but I got my Jeff Goldblum so I love it :allears:

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Yvonmukluk posted:

The Marvels really has its work cut out for it with Carol because so far all she's been is a cheat code space cop. They should start by admitting that Maria was her partner.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Edit: I’ll just nuke the whole post.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Sep 23, 2021

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Yvonmukluk posted:

To be fair that was like one line.

I mean, I liked what we saw of her in Shang-chi, so that's a start.

Also yeah they should just admit Maria was her partner.

Dang it, please at least give a warning the spoiler isn’t from marvel tv shows.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad spoiler

Not cool.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Lol just don't click the spoiler tag the movie's been out for a while

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Mameluke posted:

The spoiler didn't say what it was for. That's the problem. The wrong thing was spoilers. I assumed it was discussing an earlier episode of What if.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Rosebud was the name of the sled.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

goddammit!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Mameluke posted:

This is a thread about Marvel TV shows. Reading an unlabeled spoiler for a movie I can't see because I'm around high risk family members too young to get vaccinated sucks. Ultimately, it is my fault for clicking the spoiler tag. I just absent-mindedly assumed it was going to be about the new What If.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Spacebump posted:

This is a thread about Marvel TV shows. Reading an unlabeled spoiler for a movie I can't see because I'm around high risk family members too young to get vaccinated sucks. Ultimately, it is my fault for clicking the spoiler tag. I just absent-mindedly assumed it was going to be about the new What If.

Honestly, all of this. The only reason I haven't gone out anywhere non-important is because of my nephew, a 10 year old autistic boy, who struggles to communicate if he feels ill or what hurts. I also realized what was about without clicking the tag, I put two and two together really fast and I hate my brain for it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Mameluke posted:

There was literally a discussion on the last page about people being unable to see it.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Check this spoiler tag if you want to know very vaguely how big of a spoiler that was: It's not a big spoiler at all.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Man, how must this episode have looked from your average human's perspective. The first known contact with aliens and within a week all of the aliens are everywhere, and they're just throwing a wild party all over the planet. And you're invited!

Very fun episode.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just :filez: the spoiler in question

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

I don't like CAM quality :colbert:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Oh my goodness Jotunn Loki is a snack holy mackerel

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Click for the minorestnof spoilers in the end credits scene of Shung-Chi, Cap Marvel, Wong, and Bruce are trying to figure put what the rings are. Cap Marvel is on screen for like 10 seconds before dipping out. Thats it, she is literally there and says I have to go. Thats it, no major spoiler or anything.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Man you arseholes are really tripping over yourselves to just straight up loving spoil this movie for people in lockdown, huh?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Ah yes. Such a huge spoiler.

I was trying to help, but go ahead and ascribe malice.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Spoiler there’s some rings and they are part of the mcu in general.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

mutata posted:

Ah yes. Such a huge spoiler.

I was trying to help, but go ahead and ascribe malice.

ok fine i am writing a scene of you blowing up some hostages or brutally murdering your girlfriend you big weenie

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The Saddest Rhino posted:

ok fine i am writing a scene of you blowing up some hostages or brutally murdering your girlfriend you big weenie

Fine, just don't spoil the scene for me, ok?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

This thread is how I found out there is an unhide all spoilers feature in the app. Guess I turned it on accidentally the other day.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Infinitum posted:

Man you arseholes are really tripping over yourselves to just straight up loving spoil this movie for people in lockdown, huh?

I mean, it's not exactly a deep, cerebral film. Some superheroes gonna fight some supervillains. Plot takes a backseat to action.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Stop trying to justify it and just shut up about spoilers, god. I've already seen the movie but come on.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

TK-42-1 posted:

Spoiler there’s some rings and they are part of the mcu in general.

But like, rings in the Sonic the Hedgehog sense, not like finger rings.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

mastajake posted:

But like, rings in the Sonic the Hedgehog sense, not like finger rings.

Yeah pretty much. Honestly you could tell someone the whole plot of Shang Chi and it wouldn’t detract from the movie. It’s that good and that non-reliant on the plot because it’s reaaaalll obvious what’s going to happen from minute 1.

One of those “it’s about the journey” stories.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's all Marvel. It's not reasonable to expect people to use spoilers for a film when we're unspoiling MCU TV that aired after. And casting isn't a spoiler.

Desperado Bones posted:

I don't like CAM quality :colbert:

That's not an issue in this circumstance even right now but I am going to zip it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Spoilers actually increase the enjoyment of a movie according to that thing I read one time.