Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

They did. Justin was low in the sound mix, but there was at least a halfway point and a one minute announcement.

Than they should work on the audio though to be fair the crowd was super molten so.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Than they should work on the audio though to be fair the crowd was super molten so.....

the time limit calls have generally been pretty audible in the past so i'm gonna chalk this one up to the crowd overpowering the calls

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs. Kenny Omega - AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam 9/22

THE AMERICAN DRAGON IS BACK AND HE'S STILL THE BEST AND SO IS KENNY OMEGA AND HOLY gently caress THE CROWD AND THAT ENDING :derp:

Nth.

Jackie D posted:

HM: Cody vs Malaki Black, AEW Grand Slam

I really thought Cody was going to pull a Cody, loved it

Nth

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

HM Sting and Darby Allin vs FTR AEW Grand Slam 9/22

Super loving fun

Nth

Punch McLightning posted:

HM: Baker vs. Ruby Ruby Ruby Soho

Nth

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs. Kenny Omega - AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam 9/22

THE AMERICAN DRAGON IS BACK AND HE'S STILL THE BEST AND SO IS KENNY OMEGA AND HOLY gently caress THE CROWD AND THAT ENDING :derp:

Nthing this. This was the best pro wrestling match I have ever seen live. The previous onewas Okada vs White at MSG and that was 4.75 stars. This was WAY better. I was so happy at the end that I could be there live to see such a wonderful match. Absolutely incredible. Still debating if it was better than Shingo and Ishii. What a week!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Bryan Danielson
HM: MJF vs Brian Pillman Jr
HM: Cody Rhodes vs Malakai Black
HM: Darby Allin & Sting vs FTR
HM: Britt Baker vs Ruby Soho

All from AEW Dynamite 22.09

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Cerebral Bore posted:

nth. whole show owned

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Cerebral Bore posted:

[b]MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Bryan Danielson

Nth to these.

I thought the Cody match didn't work because the audience loved Black so much more, and something seemed off from the main event. But holy poo poo did I love these two matches.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

nth

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

Seconded

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: KENTA vs. Yujiro Takahashi G1 Climax 31 23.09

Extremely solid affair all around. Don't know how, but Yujiro has somehow upped his game massively and was legit good in this match.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

yeah yeah yeah!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cerebral Bore posted:

Extremely solid affair all around. Don't know how, but Yujiro has somehow upped his game massively and was legit good in this match.

I'm as surprised as anybody to be seconding this. I don't know if Yujiro can keep it up but he's really putting a ton of effort in which is great to see.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Pandemic New Japan has broken people so much they're now saying Yujiro is good, such a shame to see it happen to good posters

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Bryan Danielson, AEW Dynamite Grand Slam, 22/09
HM: MJF vs. Brian Pillman Jr., AEW Dynamite Grand Slam, 22/09
HM: Cody Rhodes vs. Malakai Black, AEW Dynamite Grand Slam, 22/09
HM: FTR vs. Darby Allin/Sting, AEW Dynamite Grand Slam, 22/09
HM: Britt Baker vs. Ruby Soho, AEW Dynamite Grand Slam, 22/09

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Rarity posted:

Pandemic New Japan has broken people so much they're now saying Yujiro is good, such a shame to see it happen to good posters

I seem to remember you once saying that Yoshi-Hashi sucked, and he managed to turn it all around and is now the greatest champion in the promotion. It's just taken Yujiro a little bit longer to realise that he can be good as well

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Bryan Danielson, AEW Dynamite Grand Slam, 22/09
HM: MJF vs. Brian Pillman Jr., AEW Dynamite Grand Slam, 22/09
HM: Cody Rhodes vs. Malakai Black, AEW Dynamite Grand Slam, 22/09
HM: FTR vs. Darby Allin/Sting, AEW Dynamite Grand Slam, 22/09
HM: Britt Baker vs. Ruby Soho, AEW Dynamite Grand Slam, 22/09

Nth.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs. Tomohiro Ishii G1 Climax 31 23.09

I firmly believed that Omega/Danielson would be the best match I saw today, but now I'm not so sure anymore.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs. Tomohiro Ishii G1 Climax 31 23.09

I firmly believed that Omega/Danielson would be the best match I saw today, but now I'm not so sure anymore.

HM from me. Ending was a little rough, but I loved a lot of the stuff with the two of them talking trash via the medium of hard slaps.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs. Zack Sabre Jr G1 Climax 31 23.09

The ultimate clash of styles match between the two best representatives of their respective styles today pulling out all the stops.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW G1 Climax Night 3 September 23rd
MOTYC
Tomohiro Ishii vs Kota Ibushi
- Every single year, G1 is Ishii Season, the one time of year he gets a bunch of singles matches to show off how incredible he is and how it sucks he isn't 4 inches taller with half a dozen title reigns behind him. Not the best match these two could have had (which i'm willing to put on Ibushi not being back at 100% yet) but still...fuckin brutal :stare:

Shingo Takagi vs Zack Sabre Jr
- ZSJ injured Shingo's buddy and forced him out of the G1. Shingo seems vaguely displeased by this development

HM
Toru Yano vs Great-O-Khan
- Just when you think Yano has run out of ideas, he disassembles the ringside railing to break the count after he gets handcuffed and his keys get stolen

Yujiro Takahashi vs KENTA
- Hey, this Yujiro guy is pretty good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs. Zack Sabre Jr - NJPW G1 Climax 31 Night 3 9/23

Best grapplefucker in the world vs. a loving dragon-man world champion, with the added twist of Shingo wanting to get a measure of revenge on ZSJ who is crowing over putting his friend Naito on the injured list. Just tremendous chemistry between these two, they move so smoothly and quickly and there is zero hesitation or any kind of clash between the two in their in-ring work. Just a great match, even if the crowd - while lively - wasn't up to to the high energy standard of the Osaka crowds from Night 1 and Night 2. AND HOLY poo poo ZSJ TAPPED THE WORLD CHAMPION! :derp:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

In fairness, Yujiro being dragged to a good match by KENTA is more believable than MJF Pillman being better than "fine". At least KENTA is good...

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i mean it's not like people are lying, it really was a pretty good match. KENTA is still great

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs. Zack Sabre Jr - NJPW G1 Climax 31 Night 3 9/23

Best grapplefucker in the world vs. a loving dragon-man world champion, with the added twist of Shingo wanting to get a measure of revenge on ZSJ who is crowing over putting his friend Naito on the injured list. Just tremendous chemistry between these two, they move so smoothly and quickly and there is zero hesitation or any kind of clash between the two in their in-ring work. Just a great match, even if the crowd - while lively - wasn't up to to the high energy standard of the Osaka crowds from Night 1 and Night 2. AND HOLY poo poo ZSJ TAPPED THE WORLD CHAMPION! :derp:

Yes

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

"can't believe people are so broken they're nominating Yujiro for HMs. On an unrelated note I'd like to nominate this Brian Pillman Jr match"

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Cerebral Bore posted:

nth'ing these

MJF vs Pillman was the weakest match, but was still really fun and the best Pillman has ever looked.

Cody vs Malakai was probably my least favorite match, but Malakai still kicks rear end and now he's spraying mist. I'm pretty sick of Cody (and 20,000 other people seem to agree with me) but I was happy to see him lose this pretty decisively.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

"can't believe people are so broken they're nominating Yujiro for HMs. On an unrelated note I'd like to nominate this Brian Pillman Jr match"

MJF is real good fam

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

MJF is real good fam

So's KENTA. And Yujiro was legit good in that match, and no I don't know what the gently caress happened either.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
All from the g1 23/9

Motyc: zsj v shingo - pretty much perfect

HM: ishii v kota - this one verged on a motyc and it had a lot of really awesome stuff in it but after one of kotas mad neck bumps it breaks down a little. Hope he's not concussed

HM: yuj v kenta - dangerously close to a motyc. Was really good.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yujiro was always good. He's just lazy.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Lamuella posted:

for your sanity just ignore all AEW HM's because the curve is so screwed up I'm not sure there has been an AEW show in the last year that didn't have at least 2 or 3 nominated in the thread

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

MY wrestling that I like is better than YOUR wrestling that YOU like and also I like it too

cmon

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It's proper hosed to me that Kento Miyahara has 0 MOTYC (because only 4 or 5 people on the forums watch All Japan) but AEW has 64 when Kento is a slam dunk top 15 performer in the world right now. Like, it's cool that western fans that don't want to watch puro/lucha finally have a decent company to support, but Jesus

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Sep 23, 2021

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Everyone should be watching and nominating my SEAdLINNNG uploads instead of arguing about Yujiros and Pillmans anyway

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Everyone should be watching and nominating my SEAdLINNNG uploads instead of arguing about Yujiros and Pillmans anyway

Everyone is watching them already but they're afraid of nominating them because no one knows how to type or pronounce SEAdLINNNG

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

It's proper hosed to me that Kento Miyahara has 0 MOTYC (because only 4 or 5 people on the forums watch All Japan) but AEW has 64 when Kento is a slam dunk top 15 performer in the world right now. Like, it's cool that western fans that don't want to watch puro/lucha finally have a decent company to support, but Jesus

If I'm being honest, "there is way too much good wrestling to watch all of it so some gets missed" is a pretty good problem for wrestling to have.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Maybe we need a level above MOTYC :thunkher:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I haven't watched the last lot yet, but i've done my part by nthing 5 Arisa and 5 Nanae matches. SEAd brutality rules, it's such a nice contrast to the sheer delight I feel with TJPW matches.

But Yuj is good now, and I will hear no dissenting opinions on the subject :colbert:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

a cyborg mug posted:

Everyone is watching them already but they're afraid of nominating them because no one knows how to type or pronounce SEAdLINNNG

You can just shorten it to "the d" and talk about how much you love "the d" and want to get "the d" and I'm not even joking that actually the company slogan.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

Gotta Nth both of these. Still a Sting mark after all these years :wcw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lamuella posted:

If I'm being honest, "there is way too much good wrestling to watch all of it so some gets missed" is a pretty good problem for wrestling to have.

But not when it comes at the expense of the Best of the Best :mad: