Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It's been a while since it was brought up but koga is a genetic freak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Jose posted:

It's been a while since it was brought up but koga is a genetic freak

He's got the FIST EYE but that's extremely small potatoes compared to Wakatsuki being a superhuman muscle tank or the various assassin clans being selectively bred to be able to activate their various veiny super saiyan modes without killing themselves.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

just wait until he fist eyes even further beyond when he re-enters plot relevance in 2025

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he has already found his path, anyway. obviously the way to fully take advantage of the fist eye is to shoot blood out of them like a horned lizard. thanks, fei!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The best thing about cloning Gensai is that it wouldn't yield any results. Gensai doesn't have any explicit genetic traits that make him a monster, he's just practiced and fought for so long while honing himself to a razor's edge (but not Rihito's) that he's the monster of a fighter he is. Cloning him would give you good stock but you'd need to take care in training each and every clone and we know the worm's track record with handling trainees. They'd be lucky to get 1 Gensai if they used their usual methods.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the beard is genetic, though.

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
For the best results they'd have to clone his friend with the gun as well.

Look Sharp!
Mar 24, 2013
I do miss the Gensai's friend with a gun memes

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/3BSzJQy/1/1/

Also seems like Kengan is getting an official release going forward?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
>Grab a few thousand students in the inside
>Grab a few more in china
>Flip flop between teaching the Bullshit Super Kata style or turning into liquid style
> Hold dozens of Gu Rituals
> Use said winners as Guinea pigs for 2 or 3 super doping techniques
>Most of them die or become crippled or just lose
>The biggest success of said rituals is a guy who relies on no doping and is no longer working for you

So what is the next step for Other Tokita Niko and his master plan?

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Yan the worm head seems to be banking on Ryuki being the tiger vessel seeing how Naidan sacrificed himself on his orders. That's assuming Tiger vessel = the last/omega child = recipient for guihan or whatever, I'm assuming they overlap since Other Niko and Worm are allies and all.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

team overhead smash posted:

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/3BSzJQy/1/1/

Also seems like Kengan is getting an official release going forward?

Welp that confirms why Hokuto no Gun dropped the series and scrubbed it from Mangadex.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
In next chapter, it turns out that the technique killed Fei, giving Purgatory yet another victory as was their master plan all along.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Lt. Lizard posted:

In next chapter, it turns out that the technique killed Fei, giving Purgatory yet another victory as was their master plan all along.
I mean... it sure seems that way.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
so pissed waka didnt land that blast core

still my boy tho

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
That was a weirdly lame way to end the match considering half of Fei's blood supply just kinda spontaneously spurted out of his skin.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

The best thing about cloning Gensai is that it wouldn't yield any results. Gensai doesn't have any explicit genetic traits that make him a monster, he's just practiced and fought for so long while honing himself to a razor's edge (but not Rihito's) that he's the monster of a fighter he is. Cloning him would give you good stock but you'd need to take care in training each and every clone and we know the worm's track record with handling trainees. They'd be lucky to get 1 Gensai if they used their usual methods.

Depends on how fast and loose you play with things when you're cloning people. Is it making a second body to put in the info you need like with Star Wars clones or Metal Gear? Or are they immediately ready to go and follow orders like Superboy, the many Wolverine clones or Transformers?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Lt. Lizard posted:

What if it's a double kill?

Also anyone notice Julius' face has been drawn weird the last few chapters?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
This has been a pretty amazing fight honestly.

I'm really excited to hear about the official release. I'm holding out hope that HnG is somehow doing it officially now. It's a longshot, but they were really cagey and weird about their announcement and implied that there was more to come, and they certainly do professional grade work. The current group also seems to be in the loop, so there's definitely something going on behind the scenes that the fan translators are aware of.

Either way, an official release is a long time coming, very exciting news!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

RareAcumen posted:

Depends on how fast and loose you play with things when you're cloning people. Is it making a second body to put in the info you need like with Star Wars clones or Metal Gear? Or are they immediately ready to go and follow orders like Superboy, the many Wolverine clones or Transformers?

As far as we can see, it is making a baby that you then have to raise to adulthood, ie: what real life cloning is.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Is kengan going to be translated from the newest chapters because I don't want to wait however many years it is lol

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Was there an official announcement somewhere or is everyone just reacting to the credits page on that scan?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RatHat posted:

I thought I was just imagining it, he's like real smooth now, right?

Chaos Triangle
Dec 9, 2007
DO NOT TRUST
My guess is this is going to be ruled a no-contest (possibly because Fei died but Wakatsuki obviously didn't kill him) so we go into the final match with the score tied

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

OnimaruXLR posted:

Was there an official announcement somewhere or is everyone just reacting to the credits page on that scan?

The latter. Also the leader of the scan group deleted their reddit account so something's going on

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Like AtomikKrab said, we've seen Masaki Hayami and he's his own person and even avoided the same "madness" that his original had because of a more proper upbringing to the point that Hayami Sr. is trying to implant the originals personality using the Kure method. Cloning Gensai just gives you a blank slate with Gensai's body a-la Solidus Snake.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

verbal enema posted:

so pissed waka didnt land that blast core

still my boy tho

Wakatsuki's one of my favorites (though top favorite will always be my man Jun) cause he's generally a chill and relaxed dude but when he starts fighting the man is brimming with fury. Like there's so much fire in the man, which is especially clear in his fight against Ohma where he's roaring and rushing Ohma and utterly dominating the match, and the man has one of the most murderous glares in Kengan as if he wants nothing more than to break every bone in your body.

Wakatsuki rocks.

I don't think Fei is bad as a character, but I just really think this super mode is stupid.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i think the message of the fight ultimately is turning out to be "these super modes are kinda stupid"

wakatsuki didnt even break out anything new and took it to a DKO against double god by nothing more than being full of piss, vinegar, and an always-on no-drawback superpower

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

RatHat posted:

he got replaced by a worm member

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Wakatsuki's one of my favorites (though top favorite will always be my man Jun) cause he's generally a chill and relaxed dude but when he starts fighting the man is brimming with fury. Like there's so much fire in the man, which is especially clear in his fight against Ohma where he's roaring and rushing Ohma and utterly dominating the match, and the man has one of the most murderous glares in Kengan as if he wants nothing more than to break every bone in your body.

Wakatsuki rocks.

I don't think Fei is bad as a character, but I just really think this super mode is stupid.

beh wakatsuki owns so hard i love you

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Fei treated the fight as a game and got punished for it

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Patware posted:

i think the message of the fight ultimately is turning out to be "these super modes are kinda stupid"

wakatsuki didnt even break out anything new and took it to a DKO against double god by nothing more than being full of piss, vinegar, and an always-on no-drawback superpower
There's not much to say, Wakatsuki was just born with a (much, much, much) better body. This is why I don't really like the character.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Nah he's cool

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
wakatsuki is like one of the best characters in these mangas

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Waka rules

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Wakatsuki rules because he was born with a perfect body for fighting, and learned that that wasn't good enough. His whole character is a repudiation of the idea of "in-born talent", even with a rare disease that makes you stronger than anyone, you still have to put in a lot of effort to actually be the best.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

He's a professional fighter, of course he practices fighting. Julius is the hilarious one because refusing to learn anything is so perverse. (Those who are truly strong no techniques is my favorite line in the series because it's so stupid)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Sep 24, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

No Wave posted:

He's a professional fighter, of course he practices fighting. Julius is the hilarious one because refusing to learn anything is so perverse. (Those who are truly strong no techniques is my favorite line in the series because it's so stupid)

Julius is completely great. He is a dumb stupid idiot of a man with his muscle beliefs, but at the same time an absolute genius on making himself as huge and muscled as possible.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Julius is showing that minmaxing works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

the omake do a danbooru-level amount of lifting re: making the side fighters endearing weirdos