Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Chinatown posted:

*pokes you repeatedly on shoulder*

cmon man gimme some free gas bro come on dude do me a solid bro i need it ill pay you back ok???

Sometimes it's an issue that they don't take cash or any non-visa card at the pump. I assume it was this and the guy asked in a braindead manner. Maybe high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Not high. He said he forgot his card. By al means he seemed like a guy who could have had a card. If he held out cash or said he had cash first I might have done it.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I know people here say the beer advent calendar is no good, is this one the same that everyone talks about?

https://www.costco.co.jp/New/Kalea-Beer-Advent-500-ml-x-24-cans/p/31904

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Original_Z posted:

I know people here say the beer advent calendar is no good, is this one the same that everyone talks about?

https://www.costco.co.jp/New/Kalea-Beer-Advent-500-ml-x-24-cans/p/31904
Yeah that's the one. It really does kinda suck though. I can drink just about any beer and I still hated that advent calendar. All the beers had the same base flavor even though they're supposed to be different. Some of the added flavor beer was vile. Plus yoy end up with a lot of spoiled beers cause they're all bottled sometime in June. It's real old before you even get to it.

At the very least I'd wait until someone else gets it and says if it's worth it this year. I wouldn't hope for it and it's like $75 to be disappointed every day for a month.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Yeah you are waay better off getting a gin/whiskey advent pack

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

The only beer advent calendar i'd get is from a certain craft beer store in my town that will just make you one to a price point from in-store stock - however they need a minimum of $150 from memory

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I got one of the around the world is 30 beer packs for Christmas a year or two ago and it was fine. A few of the beers were decent, most were fine for drinking beer, but I wouldn't buy one of those for myself

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

If it's just a bunch of international commercial beers it's probably fine, it's when they try and make it "crafty" at scale at a budget

norp fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Sep 22, 2021

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I've even brushed my teeth 30 minutes after eating one and it didn't help, the hotdog aftertaste kicked the toothpaste's rear end

at least the hotdog kicked the toothpaste's rear end, because imagine toothpaste and hotdog combined

eughhh

StormDrain posted:

Not high. He said he forgot his card. By al means he seemed like a guy who could have had a card. If he held out cash or said he had cash first I might have done it.

if true, dude was probably mad at himself for forgetting and felt vulnerable asking and then just couldn't handle it when it didn't go his way. not your fault.

if false, maybe you're gonna get knifed by the Costco Gas Stealing Club, where they're willing to pay at the pump but ... don't have memberships!

post-trip edit:
they had Rao's, whoever was worried about that - it seems to just be on sale so I'm sure they sold out temporarily at your place
they need to carry the color of fitness tracker I want in store ( :mad: )
also checking stock by calling a store is lol why even

Psion fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 22, 2021

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So I got my Posting Throne today, the DPS 3D GAMING CHAIR WITH HEADREST, it was on sale for $130 for that online only sale last week. Overall, I am going to give it a 3.5 or 4 out of 5 stars. It's good but not great, seems like it'll last a while and fits me pretty well. Plus, Costco return warranty. The other chair I got from Costco, the Office Star whatever, is now at my WFH desk because it's definitely more comfortable overall.

Also, the other mystery items I ordered were a down pillow, which will get here tomorrow, and one of the AverMedia 1080p webcams for $29.97 on the website, seemed like a good deal for a decent webcam.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

ArbitraryC posted:

That's part of the value

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Psion posted:

if true, dude was probably mad at himself for forgetting and felt vulnerable asking and then just couldn't handle it when it didn't go his way. not your fault.

I thought that same thing earlier today, I think it's a very astute observation.

Also it probably didn't help that I was wearing my mirror aviators so I definitely wasn't showing any compassion to him physically with my eyes.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i haven't been inside costco for proper shopping in months

is anyone seeing peppermint ice cream Daaz yet?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The 505 chile jar almost defeated me, but I persevered and now have access to the goodness. Thank you goons

topenga
Jul 1, 2003
Pull apart cheese bread is back.

I wept with joy.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Just got back from church to price earbuds and pick up bell peppers and spent 200 buckaroonies. And did not get earbuds. But I did get a QPPABHDW20ODAFR, and relish is back on the menu here (no onions yet)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The kirkland whipped cream cheese in the cake fridge next to the bagels is super great. I got the strawberry one to go on the bagels and it is delicious. I had never seen it before so it must be new ish?

priznat fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Sep 23, 2021

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

whipped cream cheese as a product has been around for a while, but idk how long costco has carried a store brand of it

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

whipped cream cheese as a product has been around for a while, but idk how long costco has carried a store brand of it

Yah I had never seen it before at Costcos here (Canada) and it’s pretty great. Flavours included garlic and plain along with the strawberry. I would love a dill one.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I recently learned that if you put some fresh thyme and minced garlic in cream cheese it's insanely fuckin good. I'm never buying oreflavoured cream cheese again. Next up maybe mix some charred jalapenos in some

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

The next logical step is to put the 505 into whipped cream cheese

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

NewFatMike posted:

The next logical step is to put the 505 into whipped cream cheese
I whip 1 block of cream cheese, 505, roasted garlic, and tabasco together and put it on a bagel or in a wrap with rotisserie chicken, tomato and lettuce.

I didn't know people didn't know about flavored cream cheeses. Put anything in your cream cheese. Anything at all.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

fizzymercury posted:

I whip 1 block of cream cheese, 505, roasted garlic, and tabasco together and put it on a bagel or in a wrap with rotisserie chicken, tomato and lettuce.

I didn't know people didn't know about flavored cream cheeses. Put anything in your cream cheese. Anything at all.

The only thing that touches my cream cheese is lox.

Lots and lots of lox.

My god do I love lox.

Nothing against flavored cream cheese, just every time I have some I wish I had lox instead

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Renegret posted:

The only thing that touches my cream cheese is lox.

Lots and lots of lox.

My god do I love lox.

Nothing against flavored cream cheese, just every time I have some I wish I had lox instead
You can whip lox into cream cheese.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

fizzymercury posted:

You can whip lox into cream cheese.

What if

Lox spread AND sliced lox? At the same time?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Such decadent magic is dangerous.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

The Walrus posted:

I recently learned that if you put some fresh thyme and minced garlic in cream cheese it's insanely fuckin good. I'm never buying oreflavoured cream cheese again. Next up maybe mix some charred jalapenos in some

Buddy you just made me want to mix adobo sauce and smoked hot paprika into cream cheese

EAB
Jan 18, 2011
Had a nearly burned chicken bake today, had me missing that brisket sandwich they used to have in the food court. R.I.P.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm a huge fan of plain cream cheese. I used to eat the strawberry stuff when I was younger but it never tasted very good to me.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

fizzymercury posted:

one of my favorite things about NYC bagel shops is they all have like 2 dozen flavors. just the best.

a place near me (not in nyc) does a home made veggie spread with bell peps, onions, and some other good stuff.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

jisforjosh posted:

Buddy you just made me want to mix adobo sauce and smoked hot paprika into cream cheese

Now put that between two quesadillas, roll it up slice it into antijitos and fry em up :getin:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

fizzymercury posted:

I mean I knew of them in theory. I just didn't realize my specific favorite flavour of herb and garlic is just thyme and garlic and is super super easy to make with poo poo that's literally just growing outside in the garden

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I saw the ham today :worship:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Color me somewhat disappointed with the girl scout mint almonds

too much nut, not enough chocolate or mint

i shall only eat the rest of the tin :colbert:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

PokeJoe posted:

and so the cycle begins anew

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

PokeJoe posted:

I told myself I was going to buy one this year but I'm not sure my partner would be amused

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I told myself I was going to buy one this year but I'm not sure my partner would be amused

Secret closet ham

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Secret closet ham

General bullshit > Costco: secret closet ham

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Had the new Kirkland bourbon (bottled in bond). I think it’s really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I picked up a couple bottles here in Kentucky, like 30 minutes from where it's made, and regretted not buying a ton more. Barton has some real misses and the entire 1792 line is trash in my opinion, but Kirkland is super delicious. The single barrel is even better if it's not all snapped up immediately like it is here.

Both have a green apple note that I associate with Barton and some high-rye bourbons and it works great for the 'sco.

They do still have Old Grand-Dad 114 for 26 bucks a bottle which is an insane value