Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Invalid Validation posted:

Would it count if they copied and pasted an original review of Diablo 2? Cause that would be funny and I would give a pass.

PC gamer did this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

So which review sites that said they're not going to be reviewing Blizzard games anymore went out and did a review of the Diablo 2 remake?

It was Prima Games (they do games coverage that I'm sure is very popular), The Gamer (a little more reputable blog-like news site) and GameXplain, a YT channel. Nobody else made a commitment.

Don't see any Diablo 2 (or Activision) coverage from them, still.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

PC gamer did this

The pcgamer review of D2 was great so I hope this is the one I'm thinking of.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Tortolia posted:

They have a viable product already! Just shift the ow2 team into making content for a still extant but starving playerbase, get GMs in place to crack down extremely hard on toxic behaviors, run a bunch of events to get folks back in, start releasing heroes for the first time in well over a year and they can maybe course correct.

The "box every year" approach doesn't work for a games as a service game, so start treating OW like one again and maybe people will begin caring and they can start making lootbox money and get people to pay attention to OWL and keep those sponsors happy.

They won't, and OW2 will continue be a hilarious boondoggle, but this is absolutely self inflicted.

I'm still confused about the Overwatch situation.

I like the game and am only interested in PvP, so Overwatch 2 does not appeal to me and I think the change from 6v6 to 5v5 is foolish.

The developers have said all PvP content will come to the original Overwatch however, so does that mean the original game will retroactively be worsened and changed to 5v5? How are they going to handle the skin redesigns and all the money people spent on cosmetics for the original not meshing with the characters that they didn't need to redesign but did anyways? Aren't they also removing some heroes? It feels like OW1 is going to be messed up pretty bad by the new leads overseeing things, especially since all the maps were designed for 6v6.

I agree with the sentiment that they should really stick with the original Overwatch and do a relaunch of sorts. Take all the new PvP maps and have it as a big new boost of content and whatever they're working on for the singleplayer aspect of OW2? Leave it in development for as long as it needs and sell it as a discounted singleplayer experience when it's ready. The first game is great however and it's frustrating that they're screwing with the formula and those of us who didn't plan on touching OW2 are seemingly still going to be affected.

The new console generation was a perfect opportunity to give the community a big drop of new maps before continuing with it as a live service game. Trying to reboot everything and take so much content designed for 6v6 and suddenly reduce it to 5v5 and whatever other dumb ideas they have is incredibly frustrating. I've never seen anyone complain about the game being too chaotic, they just wanted more frequent updates as you would expect from a live service game.

I would hope it's delayed and they change their minds but the new team seems very "We know better than the players" which always results in disaster.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

SUNKOS posted:

does that mean the original game will retroactively be worsened

wouldn't be the first time

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Overwatch desperately needs changes, as evidenced by the fact that it has literally no players, despite people who no longer playing it crawling out of the woodwork to declare it needs no changes whenever any changes are brought up

1-3-2 probably could have saved that game but it was shot down hard by the incredibly tiny remaining core player base who wants nothing to change because the thought of anyone dying in their fps is terrifying.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Both Morhaime and JAB's wives were "directors of esports", it's just that Amy actually did it as a career and JAB apparently assumed it was a fluffy do-nothing nepotism position

The HotS surprise shutdown was a month or two after Mike and Amy left

I mean HotS should never have been pushed to be an esport as much as it was, nor should they have been trying to pump out as much content as they did.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
HotS could have been salvaged as easily as just going the DotA route of making all heroes free and focusing on cosmetics. At worst let it be a loss leader to draw in people from other Blizzard franchises and from the two competing mobas so they get into the "blizzard ecosystem" or whatever insane marketing lingo they call it.

The fact that the game still has pay for heroes is a huge joke. They actually forgot to update the free to play rotation a few weeks ago so there were literally no free heroes available to play if you were new to the game. lol

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Minrad posted:

HotS could have been salvaged as easily as just going the DotA route of making all heroes free and focusing on cosmetics. At worst let it be a loss leader to draw in people from other Blizzard franchises and from the two competing mobas so they get into the "blizzard ecosystem" or whatever insane marketing lingo they call it.

The fact that the game still has pay for heroes is a huge joke. They actually forgot to update the free to play rotation a few weeks ago so there were literally no free heroes available to play if you were new to the game. lol

Cosmetics cost too much to make, you need some sort of gambling for bigger numbers if you want the big bucks.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I don't think HotS would've been saved at all with the way they pumped out content. Those had to be complicated and expensive to create, and Blizz was pumping them out like HotS was a Fortnite

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

And every new hero was basically overpowered bullshit on release, right? Except for day 1 Zarya, I think.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

HotS definitely could have flourished if they marketed it properly (as a MOBA more focused on fun and representation of Blizzard characters than competitive viability) and if they pumped out cosmetics that people gave a poo poo about (see: more recolors. just more loving recolors. five minutes in photoshop hue shift recolors). Instead, it was forced into an overcrowded market and its reward system was clogged with what were effectively empty drops to pad out the loot boxes and try to get people to spend money on the things they wanted.

Also all heroes have needed to be free since like, Day 1.

Kith fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Sep 24, 2021

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

"Empty drops to pad out the loot boxes" is part of how loot boxes got so lucrative.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Regalingualius posted:

And every new hero was basically overpowered bullshit on release, right? Except for day 1 Zarya, I think.

that's been blizzard's MO since day1 though. all the new heroes in wc3 tft were OP, so were the hero tavern guys when they first came out, so was all the fresh questing greens in burning crusade, etc.

release OP, then nerf info oblivion

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

"Empty drops to pad out the loot boxes" is part of how loot boxes got so lucrative.

epic tier voice lines to put in the boxes :negative:

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I stopped playing HOTS the day they just nuked the esports side of it without any warning. Not because I was good at the game or had any significant attachment to the tournaments, but why should I continue to spend time in your live service game when you immediately flag it as something with zero organizational support and with no regard for the people playing and representing it at a high level?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They should have just not said anything about it and stopped making content instead of announcing it. That immediately killed it. Dumb dumbs.

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

They made sure to cash out though. On top of everything else, they ran a huge sale on year long exp boosts right before killing the game. gently caress consumer good-will, gotta get every last drop.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Invalid Validation posted:

They should have just not said anything about it and stopped making content instead of announcing it. That immediately killed it. Dumb dumbs.

Can't really silently lay off like a hundred people, many of which were being paid specifically to cultivate interpersonal relationships with journalists and prominent streamers. Tho tbh I'd assume "Heroes of the Storm developers quietly shutters e-sports division and winds down development" would be a little better received than making a big announcement of it and having the news cycle around it being "e-sports division learns they're all hosed from the big announcement telling consumers the e-sports division is hosed."

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

pnutz posted:

that's been blizzard's MO since day1 though. all the new heroes in wc3 tft were OP, so were the hero tavern guys when they first came out, so was all the fresh questing greens in burning crusade, etc.

release OP, then nerf info oblivion

epic tier voice lines to put in the boxes :negative:

This comparison sucks. The original complaint is that blizz released overtuned new content that people have to buy to stay competitive in HotS (Somewhat true, there's def been some duds at release like Artanis).

TFT and Original War3 players couldn't even play together, so it's not like TFT players had an advantage. I also don't think it's true.

You also want a reset in MMO expansions, especially in MMOs that didn't have level sync type effects. Either the content will be trivial for the overgeared, or if TBC greens don't cut it then non-high end players are goin to have a terrible time.

It's also not true, Naxxaramas gear was viable into TBC raids.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I don't really remember HotS having a particularly egregious problem with heroes being released overpowered and then nerfed; maybe it occurred after I quit playing(which was when they announced they were loving over the esports division). There were plenty of heroes who released as complete dogshit, like Artanis and Yrel.

HotS charging for heroes seemed almost like a secondary afterthought for them, since all of their predatory money-grabbing design went into HotS 2.0's lootbox system.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Kanos posted:

I don't really remember HotS having a particularly egregious problem with heroes being released overpowered and then nerfed; maybe it occurred after I quit playing(which was when they announced they were loving over the esports division). There were plenty of heroes who released as complete dogshit, like Artanis and Yrel.

HotS charging for heroes seemed almost like a secondary afterthought for them, since all of their predatory money-grabbing design went into HotS 2.0's lootbox system.

It’s because there was no such pattern. Sometimes new heroes were OP. Just as often they were downright bad or average. If they were trying to make heroes overpowered to push sales they sure didn’t do a good job of it.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Just found out Toys For Bob has to make Call of Duty games now. :(

tithin posted:

Inshallah, it is now

Thanks it's like my drawing got hung on the fridge.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Captain Oblivious posted:

It’s because there was no such pattern. Sometimes new heroes were OP. Just as often they were downright bad or average. If they were trying to make heroes overpowered to push sales they sure didn’t do a good job of it.

Release Hanzo was effectively worthless, even after they buffed his numbers by 20% across the board during his PTR. Probius had an initial bump of "oh poo poo it's a new hero and I don't know how to deal with it" and then immediately evened out into "do not play Probius".

HOTS's problem isn't necessarily that new releases are overpowered, but that they're designed for completely different experiences. For example, compare ETC and Mei:

ETC has a stun-dash, an AOE knockback, a self-heal, and his trait gives him a bit of armor for a short duration whenever he uses an ability. Mei has an AOE blind with a slow, a dash that ends in a knockback and a slow, an AOE slowing field that ends in a stun, and a trait that makes her Unstoppable, gives her a Shield, and rapidly heals for huge amounts of health.
ETC has a quest that makes his self-heal slightly better, Mei has a talent that gives her healing whenever she applies any crowd control effect to an enemy hero.
ETC has a wind-up Heroic that channels a stun over 4 seconds that can be canceled by any Crowd Control, Mei has a Heroic that comes out almost instantly that creates a huge snowball that snatches enemies and carries them to a designated point almost an entire screen away.

Old heroes were designed with Talents intended to focus them into complete characters. New heroes are feature complete out of the box, with Talents adding onto that.

Kith fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 24, 2021

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Yeah, blizzard never really does stuff in this realm like the actually blatant f2p companies (Wargaming). Blizzard might be all over the place, but Wargaming releases are very very clear cut "This new thing is going to power creep all the (old things)" to entice whales to drop cash to bypass the grind for it and have it now. Then the next line they release will be OP at countering the previous stuff, so everyone will rush to flock to buy it to get some relief from the flood of (previous OP release).

Blizzard releases are all over the place because they're simply very bad at balance.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

SUNKOS posted:

I'm still confused about the Overwatch situation.

I like the game and am only interested in PvP, so Overwatch 2 does not appeal to me and I think the change from 6v6 to 5v5 is foolish.

The developers have said all PvP content will come to the original Overwatch however, so does that mean the original game will retroactively be worsened and changed to 5v5? How are they going to handle the skin redesigns and all the money people spent on cosmetics for the original not meshing with the characters that they didn't need to redesign but did anyways? Aren't they also removing some heroes? It feels like OW1 is going to be messed up pretty bad by the new leads overseeing things, especially since all the maps were designed for 6v6.

I agree with the sentiment that they should really stick with the original Overwatch and do a relaunch of sorts. Take all the new PvP maps and have it as a big new boost of content and whatever they're working on for the singleplayer aspect of OW2? Leave it in development for as long as it needs and sell it as a discounted singleplayer experience when it's ready. The first game is great however and it's frustrating that they're screwing with the formula and those of us who didn't plan on touching OW2 are seemingly still going to be affected.

The new console generation was a perfect opportunity to give the community a big drop of new maps before continuing with it as a live service game. Trying to reboot everything and take so much content designed for 6v6 and suddenly reduce it to 5v5 and whatever other dumb ideas they have is incredibly frustrating. I've never seen anyone complain about the game being too chaotic, they just wanted more frequent updates as you would expect from a live service game.

I would hope it's delayed and they change their minds but the new team seems very "We know better than the players" which always results in disaster.

they've been pretty clear that overwatch 2 pvp is completely replacing ow1 pvp. they're not removing any heroes, just reworking many. they're giving all the heroes new default appearances but i would presume that all the old skins & cosmetics etc. will still carry across, because why wouldn't they? of course this is blizzard so they could manage to take the least intuitive decision there and do as you fear.

it's a somewhat weird decision and the messaging hasn't been great so it's very understandable to be confused about it. when they first announced it, 'big relaunch' was really what it sounded like and that's gradually changed into a more radical redesign.

lih fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Sep 24, 2021

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Kith posted:

Release Hanzo was effectively worthless, even after they buffed his numbers by 20% across the board during his PTR. Probius had an initial bump of "oh poo poo it's a new hero and I don't know how to deal with it" and then immediately evened out into "do not play Probius".

HOTS's problem isn't necessarily that new releases are overpowered, but that they're designed for completely different experiences. For example, compare ETC and Mei:

ETC has a stun-dash, an AOE knockback, a self-heal, and his trait gives him a bit of armor for a short duration whenever he uses an ability. Mei has an AOE blind with a slow, a dash that ends in a knockback and a slow, an AOE slowing field that ends in a stun, and a trait that makes her Unstoppable, gives her a Shield, and rapidly heals for huge amounts of health.
ETC has a quest that makes his self-heal slightly better, Mei has a talent that gives her healing whenever she applies any crowd control effect to an enemy hero.
ETC has a wind-up Heroic that channels a stun over 4 seconds that can be canceled by any Crowd Control, Mei has a Heroic that comes out almost instantly that creates a huge snowball that snatches enemies and carries them to a designated point almost an entire screen away.

Old heroes were designed with Talents intended to focus them into complete characters. New heroes are feature complete out of the box, with Talents adding onto that.

Mei came so long after HotS was killed, I hardly think it's fair to use her as an example.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://twitter.com/GIBiz/status/1441425693221396481?s=20

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Won't happen. Bobby needs a new yacht.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Dick Burglar posted:

Mei came so long after HotS was killed, I hardly think it's fair to use her as an example.

Weird complaint, but okay.

Raynor has a linear skillshot that deals decent damage and a negligible to small amount of knockback. Zul'jin has a linear skillshot that deals middling damage and marks the target, increasing the amount of damage Zul'jin deals to them by +50% for a few attacks.
Raynor has a castable attack speed booster. Zul'jin gains Attack Speed as he loses health.
Raynor has a self-heal restores 25% of his maximum health over 1 second on a 40 second cooldown. Zul'jin has a self-heal that channels to restore 30% of his maximum health on a 15 second cooldown.
Raynor's trait is that he has +1 Attack Range and deals a little over double damage every 4th attack. Zul'jin's trait is the aforementioned Attack Speed booster, a toggle ability that increases his damage by 25% at the cost of 2% maximum health per attack, a quest that increases his Attack Damage by 1 for every 5 attacks he makes against enemy heroes, a quest reward that increases his Attack Range by 1 when he hits enemy heroes 75 times, and another quest reward for 150 hits.
Zul'jin also has an ability that cannot be compared to Raynor that throws two axes in a circle, dealing damage to all enemies hit and stacking a slow effect. The previously mentioned second quest reward makes it rotate a second time, effectively causing it to deal double damage.
Zul'jin has ANOTHER ability, also which cannot be compared to Raynor: he can damage himself for 50% of his Current Health and then heal for that amount over 10 seconds, effectively allowing him to access a huge amount of Attack Speed moderately safely.

Also Zul'jin has 425 more Maximum Health than Raynor does.

I could keep going, if you'd like.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Even if it does happen, it wouldn't matter much, they're already getting paid obscene salaries.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Detective No. 27 posted:

Even if it does happen, it wouldn't matter much, they're already getting paid obscene salaries.

Anyone I know with a high salary has a toddler level meltdown if their bonus might even be lowered

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Blaise330 posted:

Anyone I know with a high salary has a toddler level meltdown if their bonus might even be lowered

That is true. I just see them having that meltdown and continuing to not fundamentally do anything different.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Kith posted:

Weird complaint, but okay.

Raynor has a linear skillshot that deals decent damage and a negligible to small amount of knockback. Zul'jin has a linear skillshot that deals middling damage and marks the target, increasing the amount of damage Zul'jin deals to them by +50% for a few attacks.
Raynor has a castable attack speed booster. Zul'jin gains Attack Speed as he loses health.
Raynor has a self-heal restores 25% of his maximum health over 1 second on a 40 second cooldown. Zul'jin has a self-heal that channels to restore 30% of his maximum health on a 15 second cooldown.
Raynor's trait is that he has +1 Attack Range and deals a little over double damage every 4th attack. Zul'jin's trait is the aforementioned Attack Speed booster, a toggle ability that increases his damage by 25% at the cost of 2% maximum health per attack, a quest that increases his Attack Damage by 1 for every 5 attacks he makes against enemy heroes, a quest reward that increases his Attack Range by 1 when he hits enemy heroes 75 times, and another quest reward for 150 hits.
Zul'jin also has an ability that cannot be compared to Raynor that throws two axes in a circle, dealing damage to all enemies hit and stacking a slow effect. The previously mentioned second quest reward makes it rotate a second time, effectively causing it to deal double damage.
Zul'jin has ANOTHER ability, also which cannot be compared to Raynor: he can damage himself for 50% of his Current Health and then heal for that amount over 10 seconds, effectively allowing him to access a huge amount of Attack Speed moderately safely.

Also Zul'jin has 425 more Maximum Health than Raynor does.

I could keep going, if you'd like.

I'd rather you didn't, because it's extremely funny to compare the purposefully kept simple hero that was explicitly made for new players and sold in the starter bundle, to what is very much a high-risk high-reward hero.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Detective No. 27 posted:

Still thinking about that C-suiter who got paid a 7 8 figure bonus to make a lateral move within the company right before massive layoffs at blizzard
https://www.pcgamer.com/activision-blizzards-new-cfo-is-getting-awards-worth-dollar15-million-for-taking-the-job/

Literally 2 months apart, the employees got Blizzard Store gift cards as part of their severance
https://www.ign.com/articles/activision-blizzard-has-reportedly-laid-off-nearly-190-employees

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Sep 24, 2021

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Studio posted:

I'd rather you didn't, because it's extremely funny to compare the purposefully kept simple hero that was explicitly made for new players and sold in the starter bundle, to what is very much a high-risk high-reward hero.

Zul'jin is very far from high risk/high reward. He's intended to be, but he's actually one of the safer Heroes because it's very easy to play him at a reasonable speed thanks to his range, durability, and access to a self-cleanse and immortality button. If you want someone who's actually high risk/high reward, try Butcher, Alarak, or Illidan.

Since Raynor is off the table for an arbitrary reason, why not compare Sonya and Dehaka? They do basically the same job, except Dehaka is more durable, has an escape, is less vulnerable to CC, and has global mobility.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Kith posted:

Since Raynor is off the table for an arbitrary reason

I mean you don't understand the context. If you're talking about complexity and how expanded kits have gotten over time, comparing what is on purpose and by design a simplified character seems faulty. Raynor is the tutorial character, the "just in case, we're making sure you know how to right click to move" character. He used to be sold in the starter bundle because of how simple and approachable he was, not sure if he is now. Of course other characters will get more complex overtime, that's how game design works on live service games. You react to how much your playerbase understands the current set and push it further over time.

Even your Dehaka and Sonya comparison lacks any sort of context understand. Sonya does a ridiculous amount of damage, or at least when Dehaka was released. You could pop Sonya into a lane and she'd sustain or win most 1v1s. Late game with an Uther Divine Shield she could solo multiple backliners. Dehaka could play an early game bully and ganker, but late game could not be anywhere near the potential contribution a Sonya had. I'm not sure what it's like now, but checking HotSLogs puts them at similar win and pick rates now.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Literally 2 months apart, the employees got Blizzard Store gift cards as part of their severance
https://www.ign.com/articles/activision-blizzard-has-reportedly-laid-off-nearly-190-employees

JFC I missed that part

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Studio posted:

I mean you don't understand the context. If you're talking about complexity and how expanded kits have gotten over time, comparing what is on purpose and by design a simplified character seems faulty. Raynor is the tutorial character, the "just in case, we're making sure you know how to right click to move" character. He used to be sold in the starter bundle because of how simple and approachable he was, not sure if he is now. Of course other characters will get more complex overtime, that's how game design works on live service games. You react to how much your playerbase understands the current set and push it further over time.

Even your Dehaka and Sonya comparison lacks any sort of context understand. Sonya does a ridiculous amount of damage, or at least when Dehaka was released. You could pop Sonya into a lane and she'd sustain or win most 1v1s. Late game with an Uther Divine Shield she could solo multiple backliners. Dehaka could play an early game bully and ganker, but late game could not be anywhere near the potential contribution a Sonya had. I'm not sure what it's like now, but checking HotSLogs puts them at similar win and pick rates now.

It's ironic that you're saying that I'm not understanding the context given that the initial thrust of my argument is something that you re-hashed by pointing out how live service games evolve over time:

Kith posted:

HOTS's problem isn't necessarily that new releases are overpowered, but that they're designed for completely different experiences.

That said, just because I don't agree with exempting Raynor from comparison to later releases doesn't mean that I don't understand the context of his role, design, and implementation. I just picked Raynor because he was the best example of stark difference, I can compare any of the early assassins to later releases like Zul'jin or Greymane and it'll all make the same point of "later releases have more tools and are therefore capable of more things".

For example, to expand on my Sonya vs Dehaka comparison: how much damage Sonya does is irrelevant. It's great that Sonya can bully the backline better, but all things being equal, Dehaka is simply more flexible because he has more tools and therefore can fulfill more roles, which he can do because (as you said) the understanding of the game evolved over time and (as I said) he was designed to suit a different game experience. Dehaka isn't better or worse than Sonya, he just has a broader range of application. Since you happened to bring up HOTSlogs, let's look at the stats for Dehaka and Sonya for Master+Diamond:

Similar pickrate and winrate, but Dehaka's got a 5% lead in popularity because he's got over a thousand more bans than Sonya does. This is likely because - as I've pointed out - he can simply do more stuff.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
HOTS fuckin sucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Hots sucked because all the hot blondes were garbage.

Nova, garbage.
Valeera, garbage.
Anduin, garbage.