Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
If you want to work for poor people just get a government job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
got an offer from a startup. there are some agreements that say the company can use my name and likeness even after i leave. it also says they can grant others to use them. has anyone come across anything like this? im just a computer toucher dammit

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

that's kinda weird imo

i think my oldjob still uses a picture of me and old poodle jones in their "this is $company" type material and in the employee handbook and stuff, but i don't think i ever signed anything about it. but tbh maybe i did. the part that's really strange to me is that they can transfer the rights - just saying that they can take your pic at company events and use it internally even after you leave seems fine

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I signed a similar thing at my last job, it was entirely so that they could take photos of employees at events and use them in promotional material

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
i live rent free in a lot of people's heads but really I'm just concerned that I can't charge royalties when people remember how obnoxious i am

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Gazpacho posted:

i keep getting these contacts where the 'crooter emphasizes that the client company's founders are mega-rich, like that's supposed to motivate me :confused:
this worked on me once then I figured out that the reason he was still working was because he was an rear end in a top hat who needed to constantly tell other people they were wrong. not fun to have your career and livelihood tied to someone for whom it's primarily a hobby

but also

carry on then posted:

for the love of god

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Gazpacho posted:

i keep getting these contacts where the 'crooter emphasizes that the client company's founders are mega-rich, like that's supposed to motivate me :confused:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Substitute also for founders "worked at google" or "graduated from Ivy League college".

When I see that poo poo I can't help but think of the Winklevoss twins from the social network.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Gazpacho posted:

interviewing: where the wild 'crooter roars

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Gazpacho posted:

why was this a probe? does that word mean something else that I haven’t heard of yet?

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Was just talkin to the old 'tuter 'crooter tryin to get a new job

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

mod saas posted:

why was this a probe? does that word mean something else that I haven’t heard of yet?

it's because mods suck

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

that was a very appropriate probe imo

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
it was garbage. he broke no forum rules, the idiot mod just found it distasteful

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

it's a sixer for using a dumb word. it's both funny and deserved

a six hour probation is not an assault on someone's honor ffs

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Quackles posted:

interviewing: where the wild 'crooter roars

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

Gazpacho posted:

this feels right

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
wear that probe with pride

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
Crooters sounds like the name of a chicken restaurant where the servers and clientele are all over 70, and everybody on the premises has to wear short shorts.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
loving revolting, should have gotten a week

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Poopernickel posted:

Crooters sounds like the name of a chicken restaurant where the servers and clientele are all over 70, and everybody on the premises has to wear short shorts.
its sounds like a third rate ripoff of a series of animated childrens movies about a family of cavemen

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

DELETE CASCADE posted:

it was garbage. he broke no forum rules, the idiot mod just found it distasteful

:qq:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

carry on then posted:

for the love of god

whats the problem here, op? literally just wondering.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Smythe posted:

whats the problem here, op? literally just wondering.
wb smythe

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
its a sixer so obviously i dont care. but it does amuse me that someone out there probs thinks that "crooter" (short for "recruiter") is sexist or something, which makes me laugh. I would like to hear the rationale for the probe. They're an IK so they're going to post "yr Mom, Loser, LMFAO" and thems the breaks, but then again maybe they will write 2k words about it and then resign in shame. Lets see how this plays out.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FMguru posted:

wb smythe

sorry i havent replioed to yr PM yet but when I open my userCP and read "Critique" I read it FMguru voice and laugh out loud every single day.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Smythe posted:

its a sixer so obviously i dont care. but it does amuse me that someone out there probs thinks that "crooter" (short for "recruiter") is sexist or something, which makes me laugh. I would like to hear the rationale for the probe. They're an IK so they're going to post "yr Mom, Loser, LMFAO" and thems the breaks, but then again maybe they will write 2k words about it and then resign in shame. Lets see how this plays out.

seems a bit hysterical to me vOv

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Stringent posted:

seems a bit hysterical to me vOv

"hysterical" is a gendered slur. mods?

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Smythe posted:

"hysterical" is a gendered slur. mods?

Go home Smythe

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Armitag3 posted:

Go home Smythe

in a bizarre twist of fate, YOSPOS is my home forum. Too hosed up to believe! but true!

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Smythe posted:

in a bizarre twist of fate, YOSPOS is my home forum. Too hosed up to believe! but true!

I knew there was something wrong with you

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
how is :gb2qcs: not a smiley?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Armitag3 posted:

I knew there was something wrong with you

i was a mod of this forum b4 u was a gleam in ur mothers eye

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

lol someone just asked in the all hands meeting "is there a problem with the HR team, they seem to have had a lot of turnover recently"

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

pointsofdata posted:

lol someone just asked in the all hands meeting "is there a problem with the HR team, they seem to have had a lot of turnover recently"

don’t keep us in suspense

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

champagne posting posted:

don’t keep us in suspense

the response was a bullshit non answer, I just thought it was a pretty bold question to ask outright

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

pointsofdata posted:

‘is there a problem with hr’ seems like a rhetorical question to me

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
fart

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

:hmmyes:

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

pointsofdata posted:

the response was a bullshit non answer

it's a town hall, what else could they possibly have expected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Smythe posted:

i put probably less than 10% thought into handing out the sixer than you did into making this post, it was literally just “ew what a gross word lol they’re getting their rap sheet stained for it”