Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
What's the benefit to belonging to a network? Hosting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

WHY BONER NOW posted:

What's the benefit to belonging to a network? Hosting?

Depends on the network, sometimes there's cross-promotion, but in general, networks sell ads as "these are the demographics across all our shows, ad buys with us will have larger reach than single targets", and if you're on an alright one you might even have an administration team that takes care of a lot of backend or, in normal times, scheduling of events, tours, merch, and logistics.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

GoutPatrol posted:

How did the gang not know about the option to watch Momento in chronological order from the DVD? It is like peak 2000s DVD menu stuff.

That was only on the special edition DVD, which they may not have had (though that would surprise me), but was also a hidden feature. You had to put in the second disc, answer straight C's on every test question, then put the sequence in reverse order to get to that version of the movie.

Man...gently caress that DVD lol. It was a chore just figuring out how to play the regular version of the movie.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I have that still with the little Orange plastic paper clip thing. Cool set, they dont really make poo poo like that anymore for the blu-ray/UHD market.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

You can lick anything

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0407717/mediaindex?refine=publicity&ref_=nm_ov_resph

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

This guy had to be a heavy inspiration for the producer character in Brand New Cherry Flavor.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

AceOfFlames posted:

I thought he sounded just like their impressions of Donald Duck's nephews in the DuckTales AD eps, which was also hilarious to me.

And the dead wife from Chuck and Larry

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
It has been _zero_ episodes since WHM started complaining about the lack of nudity and sex in modern films.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

BigglesSWE posted:

It has been _zero_ episodes since WHM started complaining about the lack of nudity and sex in modern films.

Good.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1440774557980184578

Live mailbag about to start on YouTube!

e: Andrew "Didn't care for Malignant" Jupin :(

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Rageaholic posted:

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1440774557980184578

Live mailbag about to start on YouTube!

e: Andrew "Didn't care for Malignant" Jupin :(
Andrew's been a bit of a grump about 2021 movies. His Cruella hate makes me shake my head every time.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Talking about sneaking in food on the mail bag ep.

I remember sneaking in my backpack to the theater once with like 4 tubes of pringles and 4 sodas for friends. I had an A&W, not sure what the others were but they were nice and cold from a place we could get snacks in the mall where the theater was.

Another time i went in to a movie with a plastic grocery bag with a dozen loose grape soda cans.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Sep 23, 2021

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I only sneak in fish in aluminum foil

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MariusLecter posted:

Talking about sneaking in food on the mail bag ep.

I remember sneaking in my backpack to the theater once with like 4 tubes of pringles and 4 sodas for friends. I had an A&W, not sure what the others were but they were nice and cold from a place we could get snacks in the mall where the theater was.

Another time i went in to a movie with a plastic grocery bag with a dozen grape sodas.
I know they said no hot food as a rule, but one time my ex snuck an entire large pizza (in the box) from a local pizza place into a movie in her bag and we split it during the movie. I completely forgot what movie it was, I was just so impressed by that feat.

I still sneak candy and soda into movies to this day but I haven't brought in hot food in years.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Timeless Appeal posted:

Andrew's been a bit of a grump about 2021 movies. His Cruella hate makes me shake my head every time.

It's not a very good movie and has some of the worst visuals I've ever seen in a recent summer blockbuster release.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Sep 23, 2021

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Jesus how high was Andrew in that mailbag ep. Watched the whole thing and couldn't see his eyeballs

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Drive-In's dont count for sneaking in food since its practically encouraged but those were some very memorable moments of my childhood going out to the drive-in in San Jose with my whole family and we'd get these two monster sized pizzas and watch Jurassic Park or Apollo 13. Super cool and fun moments.

Otherwise, my other two that come to mind immediately was going with my aunt and her family to see Soul Plane in theaters and she whipped up a whole leftover bbq and sides meal. busting those out and sitting in the theater and eating that was like heaven. Other time was sneaking a 24 pack of beer in for I think it was the second to last Resident Evil movie and chugging those things down with 3 other people. poo poo was rad as hell even if we were sitting through the 5th RE movie.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Timeless Appeal posted:

He's entirely correct in his hate for Woman in the Window, that was one of the biggest duds I've seen in a while.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I once named a district in Cities Skylines Shittington, so the gag in the Varisty Blues episode makes me happy in a small way very specific to me and nobody else.

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Sep 23, 2021

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Timeless Appeal posted:

Cruella was dumb as gently caress so i guess i nod my head...?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Eric is going to dominate this season of vhs game slumdog millionaire style by taking guesses based on his seemingly random life experiences

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
https://twitter.com/therealsobreiro/status/1440880419990298624

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m hardly halfway through single white female and good lord this film is a straight slog

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

THE LEGEND makes me laugh every time

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

teen witch posted:

I’m hardly halfway through single white female and good lord this film is a straight slog

Yeah, I tried to watch it once and ooof.

(Your new av is adorable, BTW)

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The Prowler whips so much rear end

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

weekly font posted:

The Prowler whips so much rear end
I've never seen it so watching it with the commentary will be my first time!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Rageaholic posted:

I've never seen it so watching it with the commentary will be my first time!

Its like a better, gorier My Bloody Valentine.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
The Prowler has Tom Savini FX so it’s absolutely worth checking out.

It’s on Tubi so you can watch it for free.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Jose Oquendo posted:

It’s on Tubi so you can watch it for free.

Thank you for this very important information

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I don’t care who you are General Grevious is cool.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BigglesSWE posted:

His origin story is so very stupid :allears:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BigglesSWE posted:

Just like James?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Grievous is basically the “while you were chasing girls I was studying the blade” weeb meme but about Jedi

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

weekly font posted:

Grievous is basically the “while you were chasing girls I was studying the blade” weeb meme but about Jedi

What's not to love?

I like his voice and his cough is hilarious. I'm glad the guy who provided it played fat Bib Fortuna. That's a great get.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

It kind of rules that the prequels had like three Darth Vaders, none of whom were the main antagonist of the trilogy.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Does anyone remember what episode it was where they decided every movie should end with a character looking at the camera with cat eyes? I was watching the Mickey Rourke classic Angel Heart not too long ago, and that actually happens. And boy was it a stupid way to end a perfectly serviceable devil movie.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

mweber posted:

Does anyone remember what episode it was where they decided every movie should end with a character looking at the camera with cat eyes? I was watching the Mickey Rourke classic Angel Heart not too long ago, and that actually happens. And boy was it a stupid way to end a perfectly serviceable devil movie.

According to the WHM Wiki, it was episode 173 C.H.U.D. 2: Bud the C.H.U.D.

Also,
https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1441898415785451522

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
They need to do Nightbreed eventually