Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Your TNT Pre-Dynamite Films:

4:30 (so like right now)

7:15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I assume it's the special edition so boo hiss to that, but goddamn Empire Strikes Back is such a great loving movie.

Anyways...... TWO HOURS OF RAMPAGE BABY! :woop:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
love the stars war.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
i love Darth Vader jumping straight to "ah, they are here to return the stolen datatapes that I couldn't find and not just stumbling blindly around"

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
(this is also TNT's Star Wars GDT now)

Dekk
Aug 31, 2001
Please know that when this started taping we were all very tired and did our best.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Remember the Friday forum

:smith:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I really enjoy the stuff on the death star, but Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader is a MOTYC in any year.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
lmao, I really enjoy the aspect of the plot that is "the protagonists don't know what the plot is they are just kind of stumbling through it"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Remember, when the heroes escape from the Death Star, they have the corpses of the storm troopers and scanning party they killed aboard

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Davros1 posted:

Remember, when the heroes escape from the Death Star, they have the corpses of the storm troopers and scanning party they killed aboard

those have to be in the smuggler's compartments, right?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-t2n_jk1QM

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

karmicknight posted:

those have to be in the smuggler's compartments, right?

That's what the rattling sound is

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
rip porkins

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
god the third act of star wars is great.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
lmao @ Darth Vader's last shot just tumbling into space forever.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

karmicknight posted:

god the third act of star wars is great.

It's interesting that other than the training scene on the Falcon, Lucas never had Luke break out his lightsaber in the film.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
i was such a star wars geek as a kid and the double whammy of the lovely books with the yuuzhan vong and the lovely prequel movies just about killed my ability to love star wars

but when lucas got out of his own way and didnt overcomplicate the movies, this poo poo was so so good

lucas made 2.25 good movies, and got too up his own rear end

coldest of takes right here

edit: rampage is 10-12 tonight EST, right?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Davros1 posted:

It's interesting that other than the training scene on the Falcon, Lucas never had Luke break out his lightsaber in the film.

he didn't really need to, the big climactic point of the film is Luke accepting fully the force as something that is with him in a real sense. Him just being a normal shooty shoot guy with a lighsaber at his hilt up that point is kind of a good metaphor for that imo.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Now it's time for the real poo poo :sickos: Star Wars Two: This Time on Hoth

rotinaj posted:

i was such a star wars geek as a kid and the double whammy of the lovely books with the yuuzhan vong and the lovely prequel movies just about killed my ability to love star wars

I am a Yuuzhan Vong sicko. Traitor was a very good book and the series around it is just teen me's level of extra.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
god I love the wampa attack.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
It’s

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

holy gently caress I've got four hours of wrestles tonight? hell yes

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Han Solo's level of extra is perfect.

I am going to credit Harrison Ford directly, but it really is just great scene set ups in general.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

showing the best star wars before the best wrestling show

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

karmicknight posted:

Now it's time for the real poo poo :sickos: Star Wars Two: This Time on Hoth

I am a Yuuzhan Vong sicko. Traitor was a very good book and the series around it is just teen me's level of extra.

it felt like all the characters I had read dozens of books were being killed off for shock value, and the new threat was just too stupidly overpowering, I checked right the gently caress out

I wanted to read more of the side characters helping to re-establish the new republic, right until that never went anywhere either

X-Wing: Rogue Squadron and Wraith Squadron were my jam

But Empire Strikes Back right here is extremely my poo poo

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

rotinaj posted:

But Empire Strikes Back right here is extremely my poo poo

Hell :yeah:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
love that good good probe droid sound.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

shadows of the empire was the best star wars game and content, ESB owns hard though.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
CM Punk vs. Powerhouse Hobbs bug with the Imperial March plays on the Executor debut scene. You love to see it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The "get this joker's body out of here nod" :laffo:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
:sickos:

Battle of Hoth, yes YES

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Speaking of the X-Wing books

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm going to kill star wars

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cavauro posted:

i'm going to kill star wars

disney tried, disney couldn't, what makes you think you can

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I believe in Cavauro.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Dekk posted:

Please know that when this started taping we were all very tired and did our best.

I'm looking forward to sitting down and rewatching the Luchas/Santana & Ortiz v. HFO match again, because it looked really good but I was too tired at that point to give it the attention it deserved.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

oh dang going until midnight on a friday night is something I haven't done since my 20's

:corsair:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

karmicknight posted:

I believe in Cavauro.

Cavauro’s dreams of killing Star Wars are as dead as the many soldiers who bravely died defending the hoth base

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
battle of hoth baby