Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Animatrix was fuckin' baller and deserves a rewatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I watched Final Flight of the Osiris earlier, and was just havin' a lol at Square having an actual movie studio at one point.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Real talk, me and a mate went and saw Speed Racer at the movies - because we were bored and were waiting to meet up with some other friends for Dinner

Went in expecting to riff on it, but ended up legitimately enjoying the poo poo out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yDC7wOShuE

Probably doesn't translate well to a TV viewing experience, but it actually incredible at the movies on the big screen.

Propaganda Hour posted:

Animatrix was fuckin' baller and deserves a rewatch

May there be mercy on man and machine for their sins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzKzPLL6upU

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

path of neo was the canon ending

I remember when the game came out, someone spoiled the last boss and I thought they were joking. Then I played the game myself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAK5AP-zbW8&t=1419s

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

speed racer is loving sick. it's Pee Wee Herman's Big Mario Kart

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think the Path of Neo ending was the original intended ending for the movies, but they decided against it because they thought it was cheesy.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

It's this handgun

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Absolutely I did

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i have finished kena: bridge of spirits and i give it a solid "it's pretty good!"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
hello

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

hi

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

こにちわ

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Thinkin bout this

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRhdL3ISPT4&t=32s

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

For all of their flaws, I am on the whole pro-sequels. I think maybe Revolutions could not have had half its runtime spent on essentially a single action scene but what are ya gonna do

counterpoint: hard boiled did this and it completely ruled

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Waffleman_ posted:

I think the Path of Neo ending was the original intended ending for the movies, but they decided against it because they thought it was cheesy.

Yep. The Wachowski's even show up and tell you, the player, that the original ending wouldn't work out well as a movie, so gently caress it have a giant Mega-Smith.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Remember the Matrix parody in Daxter

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Most heist films are effectively building up to one extremely long action scene, and that's a genre people love.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Remember when there was a Kids Next Door episode that was literally just The Second Renaissance

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Waffleman_ posted:

Remember when there was a Kids Next Door episode that was literally just The Second Renaissance

i remember the ash ketchum cameo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Thinkin bout this

There's this girl that's been on my mind
All the time, Su-Su Supio

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

Remember the Matrix parody in Daxter

Remember the Matrix parody in Conker's Bad Fur Day

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Remember the Matrix parody in most media made from 2000-2005?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
No, tell me more

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'm gonna come clean. I've never seen the matrix

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Got you covered mate, please watch this summary to get up to speed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzYulkD13D0

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

The single most dated part of Shrek is the matrix joke, which is astounding for a film that has an extended sequence riffing on The Dating Game.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Waffleman_ posted:

Shout outs to pretty much every action stick figure Flash video on Newgrounds.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Dude the new madness is supposed to e coming out soon.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
the matrix sequels kind of rule and the wachowski aesthetic rules

watching them now, it's like current day wachowskis made them and sent them back in time as a coded message to their earlier selves

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I built so many roads today. Feels good to be back stranding again.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've got all the treasures from all the standard Wario Land Shake It stages so just the secret stages left to attempt. I hope they're not all as hard as the first one :ohdear:

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

watching them now, it's like current day wachowskis made them and sent them back in time as a coded message to their earlier selves

The Matrix always was a trans allegory

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

New Super Metis posted:

I built so many roads today. Feels good to be back stranding again.

https://clyp.it/uxdfqhms

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Rarity posted:

The Matrix always was a trans allegory

oh i know, i meant aesthetically.

e: yknow, no. what i mean is that they feel both ahead of their time as movies and also a sort of painful cry in the dark that general audiences weren't ready to hear.

Dr. Fishopolis fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Sep 25, 2021

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh I have been thinking about watching Sens8 ever since the Resurrections trailer dropped

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sense8 is absolutely fantastic, one of the most human, beautiful shows I've ever seen with a wonderful message, so much queerness and spectacular visuals. I'd love to rewatch it but I already have too much media on my list

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I looked up the The Second Renaissance and umm, from what remembered that’s literally the plot to that one episode with ash ketchum as a cameo huh.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh man I remember that episode!

There was another to that was literally just The Matrix.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

what i mean is that they feel both ahead of their time as movies and also a sort of painful cry in the dark that general audiences weren't ready to hear.

What do you mean by this? Granted I tend to be pretty oblivious to themes in media and I have a bad memory, because I remember 3 as being mostly just bad and excessive. 2 I'd call uneven, and disappointing after the original, but still a step (or more) above 3.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Sep 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Matrix sequels were overlong, indulgent, devoid of the smart pacing from the original and too mired in plot details over strong characters. So they did in a way predict an entire decade of horrible 3-hour comic book movie crap.