Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Chairman Capone posted:

Outside of his conservative Christian stuff coming to light, there's also the fact that he divorced Anna Faris and then almost immediately married Arnie's daughter, which I think rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and seemed a bit craven.

john Mulaney does the same thing and people are cool with him apparently, Hollywood is a land of contrasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

john Mulaney does the same thing and people are cool with him apparently, Hollywood is a land of contrasts

Mulaney had been separated from his wife for over a year; the tabloids just made it seem like he'd been cheating or planning.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

People were absolutely nit cool with Mulaney when the story broke and it looked like "Oh I went to rehab and got out then I knocked up Olivia Munn and divorced my wife (who I told I would never have kids with)".

And then we found out it had happened over months or someshit.

Also LOL at the Strong Christian Values guy just being like "Divorce? No biggie!"

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Wu-Tang Wednesdays are back! We're up to episode 5 now for this loving awesome show. The crew just got formed and cut their first recording together, but need to get it mastered before it can be played in the clubs. Looks like the show is about to hit full stride into the group blowing up any moment now after a season and a half.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Who a celebrity dates or marries or divorces is such weird poo poo to judge them over. They're people too and people and situations are complicated.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It'll be interesting to see what the LOTR series is like, because right now I think Foundation is the most expensive looking thing on TV. I just wonder how much of that scale was only for the opening episode and the rest will be mostly on Terminus.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Yes I saw his interview on his friends talk show where he was in no way trying to clear his reputation but hey I still enjoy some of the stuff he's involved with so I will admit to being a hypocrite in my criticisms of John Mulaney.

X-O posted:

Who a celebrity dates or marries or divorces is such weird poo poo to judge them over. They're people too and people and situations are complicated.

Considering how much of Mulaney's stand up was about his marriage and wife I think it's fair game.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Stop forming parasocial relationships with celebrities yall

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Considering how much of Mulaney's stand up was about his marriage and wife I think it's fair game.

It's really not.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Yes I saw his interview on his friends talk show where he was in no way trying to clear his reputation but hey I still enjoy some of the stuff he's involved with so I will admit to being a hypocrite in my criticisms of John Mulaney.
I should clarify that I think he handled all that so-so, so I aint gonna throw him in the stocks. It was kind of a situation where the parties involved just decided to be private about this life-changing and likely painful news so it gave the media a chance to go hog wild.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Stop forming parasocial relationships with celebrities yall

Thread subtitle plz

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh dang:

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1441405833997217798?s=21

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's not even the worst thing Mulaney has done. Sack Lunch Bunch is.

Probably the sitcom we don't talk about too.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Yeah like how is someone supposedly claiming they don’t want kids then changing their mind anyone’s business or something anyone cares about? I don’t get it.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

With Pratt marrying Arnie's daughter, especially when it came after he made the big Christian turn, I think there was some perception of him trying to marry into becoming the heir of the biggest action star/Republican politician combo there is, which wouldn't apply to Mulaney. Now, if Mulaney was angling to host the Attack of the Show relaunch or something....

Oh dang indeed! I never would have expected this in a million years.

I can't even imagine what a 2020s RTD Who would be like. I did really enjoy A Very English Scandal but Years and Years was super ridiculous, though it did feel very RTD Who-ish. And it even included a Cyberman blowjob joke!

I will say I think I trust RTD to give a better 60th anniversary than Moffat's 50th anniversary.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Evangeline Lilly kept refusing to social distance for COVID and she's doing just fine with multiple Marvel projects. You only get cancelled in Hollywood for rape.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
This thread has gotten really disgusting....

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Yup

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

Evangeline Lilly kept refusing to social distance for COVID and she's doing just fine with multiple Marvel projects. You only get cancelled in Hollywood for rape.

Roman Polanski has another film in the works

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Chinatown 2?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The two Jakes already exists. It's not great but it's too bad the third film never got made

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's not even the worst thing Mulaney has done. Sack Lunch Bunch is.

Probably the sitcom we don't talk about too.

If you have kids, Sack Lunch Bunch was great. Not a 10/10, but definitely unique. Looking forward to the sequel.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It was a bad episode on its own but it also was slotted in right as everything really got going and it just killed so much of the momentum of the final episodes for a bit. It was this absolutely baffling misstep in an otherwise really good season of TV.

And it's why season 3 of Stranger Things is arguable the best or at the very least a strong second season, and makes me very happy for the next season.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Chris also killed or abandoned pets that he didn't like got old. And his church bullshit is bad. I have family that goes to that kind of church. Modern born again Christianity in this country is basically a terrorist organization. If you could purge just those type of pastors, the planet would be a much better place.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Gaius Marius posted:

Roman Polanski has another film in the works

That's different since afaik he only works in europe. They still love Woody Allen over there.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Gaius Marius posted:

The two Jakes already exists. It's not great but it's too bad the third film never got made

I watched it a couple years ago and was shocked by how much I didn’t hate it. It’s aggressively fine, but I’ve watched much worse.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Teen Wolf movie revival coming

:sterv:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

That's different since afaik he only works in europe. They still love Woody Allen over there.

The French intellectual elite is somewhat, shall we say, lassiez faire about statutory rape.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

zoux posted:

The French intellectual elite is somewhat, shall we say, lassiez faire about statutory rape.

That was Whoopi Goldberg's big defense argument for why we should just let bygones be bygones with Roman. Basically "that's just the way they are over there, who are we to judge another's culture"

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
This upcoming Sundays episode of TWD is by far the best episode of the show I’ve seen in loving years (this season is also good)

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It was pretty good but I didn’t think it was anything spectacular. Can you spoiler what really make you enjoy it?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

GreenNight posted:

It was pretty good but I didn’t think it was anything spectacular. Can you spoiler what really make you enjoy it?

Aside from the Daryl plot, I thought the house was terrifying

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Oh for sure, it reminded me of people under the stairs, and that episode of xfiles

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I watched it a couple years ago and was shocked by how much I didn’t hate it. It’s aggressively fine, but I’ve watched much worse.

I once saw it described as the Disney direct to VHS sequel to Chinatown

Anyways I finished Saul and immediately restarted watching it. I gotta say I love Kim and Jimmy, but Hamlin's actor is very underrated. Dude isn't even a bad guy but gives such incredible douche vibes.

Conversely I am not impressed with Nacho. Partly he just doesn't really get the material he needs to shine. But even so I just don't buy him as a cartel boss or a reticent member of the underworld.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mu Zeta posted:

Eh I dunno, Woody always felt primarily a US love.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

With Woody I should have specified the French. They loving love him over there, even the mediocre-to-garbage stuff like Rainy Day in New York. Oh and Roman Polanski just happens to be French too.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I really liked the first two episodes of Foundation

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Midnight mass is so good.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
So, uh

Jaxyon posted:

Looks like basically the entire film/TV production industry is about to go on strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Man that teamsters leader sure sounds familiar...