Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It's two hours away from my favourite promotion in the world doing another live show, and the KO-D Openweight Championship is on the line between the future of professional wrestling and the absolute bastard Chris Brookes. Takeshita beat Uncle Jun in a great match at Peter Pan a month ago to win the big belt, and Brookes came out afterwards to be his first challenger. The two are tied at 1-1 for title matches throughout their careers, and Takeshita has stated his wish to return to AEW as a champion. The other big match is the DAMNATION dissolution match. The stable lost a four stable tournament a few weeks ago and as such have to disband, choosing an intra-stable match to be their finale. It was originally scheduled to be a handicap match, but unfortunately Yuji Hino has been injured and cannot compete tonight. Come back soon, you big beefy bastard.

In terms of the undercard, we've got Uncle Jun teaming with his buddy Yoshihiko (who during the course of writing this I found out he didn't have a cagematch profile) against DisasterBox, Masa Takanashi's return to DDT after a long injury hiatus, a tie-in with the Record of Ragnarok anime featuring BJW's Daisuke Sekimoto in a rare appearance, and the newly expanded Pheremones teaming up against Junretsu. I'm not sure if the opening Undermatch counts as the official debut of Ishida, as he was supposed to debut in a couple of weeks and was only moved forward after injuries shuffled the card.

This is the last live event to be held on the old Wrestle Universe site, with the new WU going live on the 1st of October. Good night sweet prince, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

Dramatic DDT posted:

DDT “WHO’S GONNA TOP? 2021”, 26/09/2021
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
11:30am JST/1:30pm AEDT/3:30am BST/10:30pm EDT/7:30pm PST (bolded means Saturday night times)

0. Under Match – Exhibition Match: Yuya Koroku Vs Yuki Ishida
0. Under Match: Sanshiro Takagi & Yumiko Hotta Vs Shinya Aoki & Mizuki Watase
1. Pheromones (Yuki “Sexy” Iino & Yumehito “Fantastic” Imanari (w/ Danshoku “Dandy” Dieno)) Vs Junretsu (Yusuke Okada & Hideki Okatani)
2. Record Of Ragnarok Collaboration Match ~ Gods Vs Humanity~: Daisuke “Zeus” Sekimoto, Kazusada “Beelzebub” Higuchi, Yukio “Susanoo-no-Mikoto” Naya & “Apollo” Akito Vs 37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata, Yuki Ueno & MAO) & Keigo Nakamura (w/ Brynhildr)
3. Masahiro Takanashi DDT Return Match: Masahiro Takanashi, Toru Owashi & Danshoku “Dandy” Dieno Vs Naomi Yoshimura, Saki Akai & Antonio Honda
4. Special Tag Match: Jun Akiyama & Yoshihiko Vs DisasterBox (HARASHIMA & Kazuki Hirata)
5. DAMNATION Dissolution Match: Daisuke Sasaki, Tetsuya Endo & Mad Paulie Vs Shuji Ishikawa, Soma Takao & Nobuhiro Shimatani (w/ Yuji Hino)
6. KO-D Openweight Title: Konosuke Takeshita (c) Vs Chris Brookes

The main show is available on Wrestle Universe
The preshow with the two Under matches starts half an hour before the main card and is free to watch on DDT's Youtube channel
Mr. Haku-san will be bringing live translations of promo's and other sundries on his Twitter Account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
you had me at "ddt airing at 10:30 pm instead of 4am eastern" but kept me at "daisuke sekimoto as an anime"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I guess I'll watch the UFC show today since nothing els-:stare:

Hell yes to that start time, and beat Chris Brookes' rear end, Takeshita!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It's a good day for wrestling. After this there's only a couple of hours until G1, then straight into the final block mathes for the N-1

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

It's a good day for wrestling. After this there's only a couple of hours until G1, then straight into the final block mathes for the N-1

I know wrestling fans who sleep and they're all cowards.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

I know wrestling fans who sleep and they're all cowards.

If only more people lived in Australia, then every single Japanese show would be at a decent time

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Nothing on yet but the stream is live.

Edit: I spoke too soon, stuff is happening!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Preshow is live on the Youtube link, looking forward to seeing how this new rookie does

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT bowing to the Youtube police, you hate to see it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I don't know why but this guy choosing to wrestle while wearing a shirt confuses and enrages me, I hope he loses!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

I don't know why but this guy wrestling in a shirt confuses and enrages me, I hope he loses!

If i'm understanding the situation correctly this is only an exhibition, rather than his actual debut which is still on the 12th. I guess he doesn't have actual wrestling attire yet

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Not bad young lad, you fought hard

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yumiko Hotta is gonna obliterate these skinny boys!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Takagi to Hotta:

https://twitter.com/wattpadcomment/status/1171351160499757057

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1441949730628534277

Hotta rules!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'll never get over how bonkers Aoki's voice is

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Now that the proper WU stream is live they can go back to not giving a poo poo about copywright for songs.

Hello GM Imabayashi, good to see you :wave:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I know that I have to subscribe to the "new" Wrestle Universe but is it just at the same place as the current ddtpro.com?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

I know that I have to subscribe to the "new" Wrestle Universe but is it just at the same place as the current ddtpro.com?

We haven't had confirmation yet, but I don't believe so, during the announcement livestream earlier this week they did specify it would have it's own domain separate from the ddt site

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

abraham linksys posted:

you had me at "ddt airing at 10:30 pm instead of 4am eastern"

Jerusalem posted:

From what I understand it will be a new subscription, but you are paying for October thru January.

e: paying for one month, getting 4

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Sep 26, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

We haven't had confirmation yet, but I don't believe so, during the announcement livestream earlier this week they did specify it would have it's own domain separate from the ddt site

I can only assume it'll be up before the October 1st deadline and I'll take care of it then. Looking forward to the new version!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Since Hino is injured hopefully Sekimoto makes more appearances, DDT always needs a beef tank on the card

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

This Uncle Jun match is going to own.

kaosAG
Oct 14, 2005

SG Bamboo posted:

Since Hino is injured hopefully Sekimoto makes more appearances, DDT always needs a beef tank on the card

Nobody can replace Hino :(

Also, looking forward to seeing Hirata get pinned by yoshihiko

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I like Imanari in GanPro, he should make a good impression here

kaosAG posted:

Nobody can replace Hino :(

Yeah, I know :(

But Sekimoto does rule, so any reason to have him

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Listen to the screams of that adoring crowd!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

But make it Fashion!

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Yeeeeeaah DDT time!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

This Uncle Jun match is going to own.

Uncle Jun spending the twilight of his career in DDT is a beautiful timeline.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

A bunch of perverts vs Uncle Jun's boys

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Watch the camera!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sexy elbow has reached full power now there's sound effects

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

WHAT

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

~sexy~

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Too strong, too sexy

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

SG Bamboo posted:

A bunch of perverts

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I AM HERE TO WATCH CHRIS BROOKES DEFEAT THE DREADED SOUP BOY

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

IINO

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I'm glad President Takagi is here to stop whatever the gently caress this is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Scooter mixed with "glass shatters" is a god-tier theme.