Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

lol that only the male characters have details on their faces, with one being the furthest away from the group

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Glad we have Snout's perspective, that of a perpetual dunce who wasn't loving paying attention, so that we have no idea what's going on and why.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I like that "kinder, gentler magic" apparently includes precision anti-air artillery.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
His art doesn't have a lot of weight anymore, not like in the beginning with the scene of the ship zooming past him and the entire environment reacts. Now it's like, things will happen but it still doesn't feel like things are happening and I think that contributes to that disjointed, poorly-edited feel.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Mordja posted:

I like that "kinder, gentler magic" apparently includes precision anti-air artillery.

did anything even hit the ship lol, it wasn't even clear what was happening

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
"Watch the look on Snout's face, this is going to be priceless!" The Ink Witch said to Arudak as she pitched her Inkjet into a nosedive and crashed it into the lake.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Also this new guy looks exactly like Snout from behind and I can't tell if that's intentional and what everyone is gawking at or if that's just sameface extending to from the back

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

FlocksOfMice posted:

Also this new guy looks exactly like Snout from behind and I can't tell if that's intentional and what everyone is gawking at or if that's just sameface extending to from the back

Stunt from the future

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
You can make out a little dip in their hips that makes me think this is a woman, I imagine next week we'll know for sure since she's almost definitely gonna be topless.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Oh goody, another excuse for mookie to draw tits

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He's not even good at drawing boobs

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Are those vines? Is this going to be more "necromantic vine" poo poo?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Maybe this is Snout and Kaianda's dreamchild conceived during their shared cuddle-nightmare.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I’m thinking it’s going to be his actual mom

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Regalingualius posted:

I’m thinking it’s going to be his actual mom

Mookie's, Snout's, Dominic's, Microwave's or...?

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

As you say, it's not clear, but I got the impression that the witch's magic had been dispelled so the ship dissolved, since it doesn't seem to be getting hit by anything.

In this most recent page, simplifying or eliminating facial features is pretty common for distant figures in anime art due to there not being enough space for any real detail, but there's plenty of room in this case so it looks really silly.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

On my second look, the postures of Ink Witch and Arudak are just hilariously flat. Like they're just standing there, and with the face-shading they look exaggeratedly embarrassed in an anime sort of way, so the whole effect is like Snout and Corpsedaughterwife are gearing up to act while the other two are just completely unmoved. Also none of them are being in any way moved or touched by the waves that must exist in a lake this big, that we literally saw earlier, and this new... antagonist? is wearing an ink skirt etc. so there's a nonzero chance this is somehow the Redactress or whatever. It's unclear!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Medenmath posted:

In this most recent page, simplifying or eliminating facial features is pretty common for distant figures in anime art due to there not being enough space for any real detail, but there's plenty of room in this case so it looks really silly.

It's also the fact that the facial features of both women are completely eliminated, but they aren't for the men. It's a weird decision that has implications.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Joe Slowboat posted:

On my second look, the postures of Ink Witch and Arudak are just hilariously flat. Like they're just standing there, and with the face-shading they look exaggeratedly embarrassed in an anime sort of way, so the whole effect is like Snout and Corpsedaughterwife are gearing up to act while the other two are just completely unmoved. Also none of them are being in any way moved or touched by the waves that must exist in a lake this big, that we literally saw earlier, and this new... antagonist? is wearing an ink skirt etc. so there's a nonzero chance this is somehow the Redactress or whatever. It's unclear!

I think the idea is they swam to shore but it all happens off panel so instead it looks like they plunged into knee high water when a moment ago they had swells as big as ocean waves

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

If that's the case it's one of the worst abuses of the gutter in comics I've seen in my life.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Joe Slowboat posted:

If that's the case it's one of the worst abuses of the gutter in comics I've seen in my life.

I mean, Snout was full on submerged, and they dove in, so like... How did he not smash his head on the lake floor if it's only a foot and a half deep

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Joe Slowboat posted:

I thought it might be the Redactress but I checked and she's blonde, so probably it's a third Ink Witch who they'll let Snout name and he'll come up with the dumbest one yet.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I mean, Snout was full on submerged, and they dove in, so like... How did he not smash his head on the lake floor if it's only a foot and a half deep

Mookie.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Snout wasn't paying attention so we don't know.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

TheHan posted:

You can make out a little dip in their hips that makes me think this is a woman, I imagine next week we'll know for sure since she's almost definitely gonna be topless.

This person at the lake is definitely a lady, a Lady of the Lake, if you will.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
It could still be future snout, or nega-snout (tuons), or snouts mom, or a completely pointless dead end storyline

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Bismuth posted:

It could still be future snout, or nega-snout (tuons), or snouts mom, or a completely pointless dead end storyline

we should keep guessing so. when Mookie reads the thread he changes things to spite us and we are left with another incomprehensible swerve in the plot

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

catlord posted:

I have to say it is the one thing I find kinda charming about this comic, I am always kinda amused by his minimalistic face in these situations.

It's pretty :3: yeah, but they should all have it.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

my favorite thing about that arc is that it reveals more about terraciano than he might think it does. in a vacuum, you could read it as what are ostensibly meant to be beautiful nature vistas contrasted with a character showing absolutely zero appreciation, portraying the character as completely self-centered and frankly, bratty. but because terraciano is constantly projecting onto his characters hard, instead he's saying, yeah gently caress nature for not constantly gratifying me every waking moment.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
I think everyone's overthinking poo poo. They were going to see a chandak, right? That's the chandak.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Nothing much, what's chandak with you?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Snout cares more about his diary than his friends

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

BattleMaster posted:

Snout cares more about his diary than his friends

To be fair, that’s the sane response to Ink Witch, at least

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Well, I guess she technically isn't topless.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

TheHan posted:

Well, I guess she technically isn't topless.

it's not his worst drawing but I can't help but not notice how, like, short these comics are lately. It's like 3 panels I guess but all depicting one moment. snails pace

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I think we’ve had one or two comics with more than five panels since Snout left mongreltown, that and the copy pasting ramping up really makes it feel like he’s burning out.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I love how it's a decently proportioned person with detailed feet all clearly traced and the face is a trainwreck because he had to go off model for his OC.

No luck casually guessing whatever keyword he used to find a stock photo this time, though I guess it could be another case of posing his wife.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
"Arudak, I'm not dead, we're divorced. Stop trying to resurrect me."

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

it's like he doesn't know where the story is going and cbf taking the time to think it through right now so he's fumbling for more time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Mx. posted:

it's like he doesn't know where the story is going and cbf taking the time to think it through right now so he's fumbling for more time

He's entirely burnt out on any new ideas but he's afraid that if he turns from "webcomic artist" to "former webcomic artist" he'll no longer get to be the heart and soul of Connecticon.