Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Julius owns because he won his last fight with what might be best described as a weird flex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Caidin posted:

Julius owns because he won his last fight with what might be best described as a weird flex.

holy poo poo lmao

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
Wakatsuki's whole thing in Asura of "he's not just a super-strong fighter, he's a super-experienced fighter" made for some great fights. Wakatsuki vs Mutenba was an amazing fight, because it didn't just boil down to slamming gimmicks against each other. They both spent a lot of the fight trying to compensate for the damage they'd taken in previous matches while trying to ward off each others' decisive moves.

Meanwhile, this fight was basically just Wakatsuki having all of his moves dodged or countered while Fei tries to take him out by just punching and kicking. Yeah, sure, the powerup made him really really strong, but the last person who tried to just punch Wakatsuki into submission was Julius, and that's a hell of a fight to live up to.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Vizuyos posted:

Wakatsuki's whole thing in Asura of "he's not just a super-strong fighter, he's a super-experienced fighter" made for some great fights. Wakatsuki vs Mutenba was an amazing fight, because it didn't just boil down to slamming gimmicks against each other. They both spent a lot of the fight trying to compensate for the damage they'd taken in previous matches while trying to ward off each others' decisive moves.

Meanwhile, this fight was basically just Wakatsuki having all of his moves dodged or countered while Fei tries to take him out by just punching and kicking. Yeah, sure, the powerup made him really really strong, but the last person who tried to just punch Wakatsuki into submission was Julius, and that's a hell of a fight to live up to.

that fight is so goddamn good

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I still think the funniest outcome is waka gets back up and wins and then Ohma loses again. Niko is obsessed with him despite the fact that not only did he already lose once he sort of died too

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
whatever all the fuss over ohma is about, i don't think it is due to his fighting ability. he's a top tier kengan fighter, but to get there he had to essentially kill himself.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

They still haven't said anything about what a tiger vessel even is, right?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Caidin posted:

And it was definitely not a technique

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
bring back Hassad and Medicine Man imo

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Looks like Fei wanted to make a big show out of clowning his Kengan opponent to impress the other niko for his trial. He didn't expect someone like Waka who just wouldn't quit and completely underestimated him.

assuming waka gets back up, they can add "a talented underground Chinese martial artist who had unlocked the secrets of the mind and body" to the list of legends ended for Waka's next flashback

yum fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 25, 2021

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

yum posted:

Looks like Fei wanted to make a big show out of clowning his Kengan opponent to impress the other niko for his trial. He didn't expect someone like Waka who just wouldn't quit and completely underestimated him.

assuming waka gets back up, they can add "a talented underground Chinese martial artist who had unlocked the secrets of the mind and body" to the list of legends ended for Waka's next flashback

"So this one time Waka was up against the grodiest rear end super sayian anyone ever saw, right? And he got his rear end shitcanned. I mean absolutely wrecked! But anyway after a a minute of this gross vein elemental smashing his face into the ground and getting punched clean across the ring? The other guy spontanously exploded, sorta! Out of respect probably. S'truth."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

verbal enema posted:

bring back Hassad and Medicine Man imo

they are still on that island.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Wakatsuki spent those 2 years after KA learning the Homer Simpson style of martial arts

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

they are still on that island.

wiat what really

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Caidin posted:

"So this one time Waka was up against the grodiest rear end super sayian anyone ever saw, right? And he got his rear end shitcanned. I mean absolutely wrecked! But anyway after a a minute of this gross vein elemental smashing his face into the ground and getting punched clean across the ring? The other guy spontanously exploded, sorta! Out of respect probably. S'truth."

Yeah, no matter how much the story is going to try and frame this otherwise Wakatsuki got dominated hard this fight and his opponent's Kaio-ken did all the work for him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
we've already established that fei shooting blood from his gross distended veins constitutes an attack, somehow. this is just the next stage of his power up!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

he is bleeding, making him the victor

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Brought To You By posted:

Yeah, no matter how much the story is going to try and frame this otherwise Wakatsuki got dominated hard this fight and his opponent's Kaio-ken did all the work for him.

I mean, I too can bleed all over someone and then die but that's not going to really be a recommendation for my technique, is it?

Although my technique would surely involve a lot more crying

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
his flashback never mentioned how he beat his opponents. one of them could've also lost by punching Waka so hard that all their blood vessels imploded

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

turns out the real blast core was inside of them all along

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Electric Phantasm posted:

They still haven't said anything about what a tiger vessel even is, right?

My theory is some sort of body control tech by the other Niko. He wants someone's body that can use all the powerups and techniques at 100% without dying and control that body. He's the tiger who wants a vessel.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I hope we start getting cybernetic implants and minor ki-blasts in the next story arc after this

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

The last chapter was very good. The panel of Wakatsuki's face was great, and the decision to show Julius thinking "don't you loving dare let him go" was just the absolute best choice. Of course Julius is the one man who knows exactly what Wakatsuki has to be thinking in that moment.

I also thought the page with the ambiguous dialogue was great. It isn't clear whether or not it's from Wakatsuki or Fei's point of view (the one right before Fei pops)

The power up is bullshit and I hope that Sandrovich moves away from it, but this chapter was pretty cool. It is pretty funny to think that in-universe, Fei basically just went super saiyan for five minutes and then exploded.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I think this might be where I stop reading. Maybe I'll pick it up again after this tournament is over, but I haven't really cared about the worm or tiger vessel stuff for a while.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

I mean, I too can bleed all over someone and then die but that's not going to really be a recommendation for my technique, is it?

Although my technique would surely involve a lot more crying

I mean Fei's looking just as bad here for different reasons. Between Ohma solidifying the optimal way to use the Possessing spirit, and Setsuna showing us that Fallen Demon is still equally suicidal as a full-tilt Advance Fei just maxing out both and basically killing himself isn't any better. Then yeah, blood bullets were a thing.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

IceBorg posted:

My theory is some sort of body control tech by the other Niko. He wants someone's body that can use all the powerups and techniques at 100% without dying and control that body. He's the tiger who wants a vessel.

They have cloning tech though, why not clone themselves

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Their cloning consists of taking already existing people, performing surgery on them to look close enough to the original, and then brainwash them into thinking they're the original.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Mraagvpeine posted:

Their cloning consists of taking already existing people, performing surgery on them to look close enough to the original, and then brainwash them into thinking they're the original.

They have actual full on cloning technology of some sort, since they shipped Doctor Death a perfect 100% genetically compatible heart for Ohma.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Have we forgotten Hayami Meguro is the explicit result of Scarface stealing Worm technology along with the brainwashing stuff as well?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm still of the view hayami wasn't intending to brainwash clone masaki because that defeated the purpose of him as a fighter. That was the worm tricking him after he thought he got one over on them

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jose posted:

I'm still of the view hayami wasn't intending to brainwash clone masaki because that defeated the purpose of him as a fighter. That was the worm tricking him after he thought he got one over on them

So far Masaki got a better win track record than anyone in the worm though lol

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

AtomikKrab posted:

Julius is completely great. He is a dumb stupid idiot of a man with his muscle beliefs, but at the same time an absolute genius on making himself as huge and muscled as possible.

Is this a loving joke? Juluis is well read mother fucker:

jokes aside yeah muscle boi is legendary

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Julius is a very intelligent man who only cares about using that intelligence to most efficiently make gains.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Also he’s probably on a shitton of steroids and won’t live past 50

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

RatHat posted:

Also he’s probably on a shitton of steroids and won’t live past 50

Julius is juiced up on so many steroids that they're going to have a Mr. Burns effect and prevent each other from killing him, rendering him effectively immortal.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

In the 3rd kengan series waka will have his own super mode because he'll have got into Julius's steroids routine

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Suspicious Lump posted:

Is this a loving joke? Juluis is well read mother fucker:

jokes aside yeah muscle boi is legendary

I am saying his beliefs are stupid, not Julius himself,

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jose posted:

In the 3rd kengan series waka will have his own super mode because he'll have got into Julius's steroids routine

waka on julius steroids would be loving nuts

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
would steroids even work normally on him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

I am saying his beliefs are stupid, not Julius himself,

The man just proved this very tournament that pure strength trumps technique and one of the only people that could plausibly beat him is a super-powered freak of nature himself. Julius' beliefs aren't unfounded and he's legitimately a character that would win most matchups he encounters in this series.