Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Evil is being so weird at the moment, I'm not convinced the last few episodes will pull all these story threads together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I have no interest in Bebop, but a bunch of incels being mad at a female actress almost makes me change my mind.

Oasx fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 26, 2021

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'd watch "I, Bebop"

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Azhais posted:

I'd watch "I, Bebop"

I've never seen an episode of Cowboy Bebop but my mind INSTANTLY thinks of this every time I hear the title.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
After the past however many years I am just too tired to give many fucks anymore about clothing choices or whatever. I just can't.

That said, I am so very happy we are at the point where stuff like Sandman, Cowboy Bebop, Warhammer 40k, Star Wars, Wu-Tang, etc are actually very good/have a good chance of being good. Younger me is happy. Very happy.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is there a 40k show coming?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Azhais posted:

Is there a 40k show coming?

They're doing their own shows via their premium service. They're pretty short and cheap so far, but hopefully they'll keep at it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The Nanny was such a weird show that put itself into such a weird position. They could only do the will they won't they for so long, to the point that it was absurd that they weren't dating even after Mr. Sheffield took back the thing, and then they get married and where else could the show go?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
What if The Nanny had to... hire a nanny?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Azhais posted:

I'd watch "I, Bebop"

Hughmoris posted:

I've never seen an episode of Cowboy Bebop but my mind INSTANTLY thinks of this every time I hear the title.

The full extent of my Cowboy Bebop knowledge consists of one time many, many years ago when I saw it late night on a cable listing and got real excited briefly before it was clear there were no turtles in this show.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

STAC Goat posted:

The full extent of my Cowboy Bebop knowledge consists of one time many, many years ago when I saw it late night on a cable listing and got real excited briefly before it was clear there were no turtles in this show.

There is a turtle in episode 2!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Took a long time before I found out "bebop" and "rocksteady" are both real musical styles.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Like usual, I have no loving idea what the hell is happening in Evil.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It's the weirdest loving show. I haven't watched the latest but last weeks made no sense. Let's go ahead and just not explain anything.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Oh, good. I missed a few episodes of Evil, saw the last couple, and thought that's why I don't have any idea what's going on. Glad to know y'all don't know, either. It's a good show.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Gaunab posted:

Midnight Mass should be called Monologue Mass but Mike Flanagans Netflix horror series have always been like that so it's not unexpected. I'm on the last episode and I hope it gets crazy but if not it'd still be a nice atmospheric series for the season.

We're on episode 4 and holy poo poo, that monologue about the birds went on forever. Ugh. I don't remember Hill House being that bad, but maybe I blocked it out.

Excessive monologues aside, a lot of the performances are overall good, and now I'm just waiting to see if my theory for how it plays out will hold up.

E: Holy poo poo, can these two have a conversation, or are they just gonna monologue past each other?

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Sep 27, 2021

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Is the new Dan Brown show any good?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

GreenNight posted:

Is the new Dan Brown show any good?

I didn't even know this was a thing. Gonna check it out.

The Lost Symbol

e: ha! Eddie Izzard is in it. cool

isaboo fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 27, 2021

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Flanagan is going more for theatricality in MIDNIGHT MASS and I can see why it wouldn't be for everyone. I already prefer it to HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE mind, which has some really effective moments but totally squanders it all by the end, and that's before a bafflingly bad last episode.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Was anyone else watching the rookie until they saw the season premiere? I know it was never a metric for quality but they just went bonkers off the rails with it and I think I'm out.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I enjoy the show but haven't watched the new season yet. They tend to get back to the status quo pretty quick after premiers.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How is he still a rookie

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

He did dumb poo poo and got held back, but its not really about them as rookies anymore.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/1442293121346248711

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

I mean, there's no way this isn't amazing, right?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Well, the scripts might be bad. Everything else will probably be killer, though.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

Well, the scripts might be bad.

Depends which version of Craig Mazin wrote it.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

That CG plane looks so bad I legit wondered if this was a doctored screenshot from the game.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I mean, there's no way this isn't amazing, right?

Every video game adaptation I've ever seen has been amazing so I can't see it failing!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
You gonna hike across the country with your backpack on one shoulder/without the straps tightened you're gonna end up with back pain and it's gonna be your own damned fault.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

You gonna hike across the country with your backpack on one shoulder/without the straps tightened you're gonna end up with back pain and it's gonna be your own damned fault.

One of the funniest moments of 21 Jump Street was Channing Tatum trying to look cool by wearing his backpack on one shoulder only to realize that modern youths doesn't do that anymore because it's bad for your back.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Kingtheninja posted:

Was anyone else watching the rookie until they saw the season premiere? I know it was never a metric for quality but they just went bonkers off the rails with it and I think I'm out.

I prefer the light drama that the shows normally supplies, and the episode didn't do much for me, but it should be back to normal soon.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Snoodit/status/1442534508474085379

Might I humbly suggest.....Babylon 6?

quote:

Described as a “from-the-ground-up reboot” of the original, Straczynski will pen the script for a new potential version of the former syndicated drama from Warner Bros. TV. The new take revolves around John Sheridan (originally played by Bruce Boxleitner), an Earthforce officer with a mysterious background, who is assigned to Babylon 5, a five-mile-long space station in neutral space, a port of call for travelers, smugglers, corporate explorers and alien diplomats at a time of uneasy peace and the constant threat of war. His arrival triggers a destiny beyond anything he could have imagined, as an exploratory Earth company accidentally triggers a conflict with a civilization a million years ahead of us, putting Sheridan and the rest of the B5 crew in the line of fire as the last, best hope for the survival of the human race.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hasn't he been trying to get this greeenlit for the last twenty years or something? good for him that he's finally getting the ball rolling

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I guess he figured he has to do a reboot since most of the original cast is dead.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
oh great, a video game zombie show :jerkbag:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

GreenNight posted:

I guess he figured he has to do a reboot since most of the original cast is dead.

Boxleitner isn't and you can be sure he's going to demand a piece of this.

Hell, he could play President Clark since he already played an evil cryptofascist POTUS on Supergirl.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Sep 27, 2021

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

AceOfFlames posted:

Boxleitner isn't and you can be sure he's going to demand a piece of this.

Hell, he could play President Clark since he already played an evil cryptofascist POTUS on Supergirl.

If it's a full reboot he could even play something like Sinclair

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Is there nowhere else to talk Midnight Mass?

Anyway, despite it's godawful pacing (probably worse than Bly Manor for it), it was still super compelling, character driven, substantial, intense and moving. That said, the one thing that felt like it didn't pay off was Bev poisoned Pruitt to death for unknown reasons and it was literally never addressed?

He foamed pink blood out the mouth like everyone else poisoned, including the dog. And it literally cut to her putting the poison back on the shelf afterwards. So the implication is unquestionable.

I figured it was that she thought he was 'more chosen by god' and she was jealous as established in the finale, but it started BEFORE the actual miracle of wheelchair girl walking.

Unlike a lot of stuff that they gave some great retrospective foreshadowing (like how many things that set up him being the father of the doctor) it feels like ther was literally nothing about this. He didn't question his coughing up blood or literal death.

I really feel like we missed something here. The initial vibe seemed to be that the miracles were hurting him, but then it exposits that the miracles were just down to the blood in the wine and unrelated to his health/death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Well, the scripts might be bad. Everything else will probably be killer, though.

It’s Craig M who really doesn’t want to gently caress it up (he has talked about it on script notes) and druckman is writing it with him so… no, I doubt it.

On the other hand I was sure that season 2 of Ted lasso would be great and the writers are solidly loving it up, so….

LionArcher fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 27, 2021