Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
what is the most yall have ever eaten in one sit? in terms of sheer volume. my record is 5.2 lbs, a few thanksgivings ago. i measured myself before and after eating/drinking

for the record i weighed 146 lbs when i got out of the shower this morning

edit: i ate three grilled stuffed burritos from the bell while drunk and didn't feel very good but i finished it just for the taste

Zippy the Bummer fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Zippy the Bummer posted:

what is the most yall have ever eaten in one sit? in terms of sheer volume. my record is 5.2 lbs, a few thanksgivings ago. i measured myself before and after eating/drinking

edit: i ate three grilled stuffed burritos from the bell while drunk and didn't feel very good but i finished it just for the taste

feel like there should be a thread for tales of eating Big :thunk:

my record was 3 whole pizzas at Cici's. i weighed 180 something at the time :sweatdrop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

What's it like having a functional metabolism? I swear if I eat three soft tacos I will gain 5 pounds.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
i had gotten a 20 dollar "Family deal" from burger king that was supposed to be leftovers for a few days. 2 whoppers, 4 medium fries, 2 cheese burgers, 2 chicken sandwiches

i got high as poo poo and ate all of it over the course of a few hours. i vaguely recall nearly throwing up then lying on my bed laughing at the gluttony. hell yeah.

----------------
This space intentionally left blank.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Zippy the Bummer posted:

from dominos - ate all of: a pan/deep dish pizza (2x extra cheese), a medium thin crust ( sausage & banana peppers), one of those cheesey chicken bites things (jalapeno & pineapple? I think?) and an order of the cinnamon knots with the icing jizz. over ... idk, about two hours. I had to take my shirt off just to feel normal.

edit: as it's the taco bell thread, not that much comparatively
1x steak quesadilla +onions, +jalapenos,
1x nachos bell grande
2x potato soft taco
1.75x cheesy gordita crunch could not finish

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Refried beans make me feel so full. They are literally dense, and depending on fat content probably calorically dense too.

Nacho cheese and greasemeats are more calories per serving for sure, but I can hork down a ton of those compared to refried beans.

Like I could get whatever menu meal plus a value menu burrito that has refried beans and I'm good. Or I could skip the burrito and eat like 5+ value menu items that do not include beans to reach that same level of gluttonous contentment.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

My metabolism has slowed down so I wouldn't be able to do stuff like THE GAUNTLET. (or what's left of it :argh:) Probably my record would be an entire 18 in. Costco pizza (like 4000+ calories).

I think many of the food challenges are like 4000+ calories too.

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

My Bell was out of Fire Sauce tonight. Our horrible supply chain collapse, finally coming true :tinfoil:

I asked for regular hot sauce in its place but they didn't even give me that. Thank god I retain a million billion Fire Sauces in the fridge at any given time

Teenage Riot fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Sep 30, 2021

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Mine has had nothing but Hot and Mild for months

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
The first Taco Bell has opened in our state.

https://tacobell.com.au/

Seems pretty standard stuff. Like Mexican fast food places we already have but slightly more fast-food-ized

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Boner M posted:

Seems pretty standard stuff. Like Mexican fast food places we already have but slightly more fast-food-ized

drat those are some thick rear end nachos. They aren't usually like that here.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Boner M posted:

Grilled stuft burrito, hell yeah. And that boss burrito looks dope too.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Minrad posted:

i had gotten a 20 dollar "Family deal" from burger king that was supposed to be leftovers for a few days. 2 whoppers, 4 medium fries, 2 cheese burgers, 2 chicken sandwiches

i got high as poo poo and ate all of it over the course of a few hours. i vaguely recall nearly throwing up then lying on my bed laughing at the gluttony. hell yeah.

sometimes we all have a day like this

usually when its 2 for 1 and im eating two big macs and two quarter pounders because gently caress that sodium is addictive

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Boner M posted:

Is that double decker taco supposed to be the gordita crunch? Also how long would you wait for a fast food opening?

halokiller fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Oct 2, 2021

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

halokiller posted:

Is that double decker taco supposed to be the gordita crunch? Also how long would you wait for a fast food opening?

2-4 weeks after opening when the ridiculous crowds die off.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Hear me out folks

Take a bite of a black bean 5 layer burrito, then stick a cinnamon twist in your mouth

T R U S T M E

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

That would require getting cinnamon twists instead of chips and cheese though

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I just picked up Doritos Locos Supreme tacos, but they were out of beef, so I got a free steak upgrade.

Do recommend.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Taco Mole

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Teenage Riot posted:

That would require getting cinnamon twists instead of cheesy fiesta potatoes

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Q_res posted:

they were out of beef

Lol, this shouldn't be funny. But its like 1 of 3 ingredients they need to have on hand. Its not like they slaughter it out back. It comes in a bag correct?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I got there once and they said I think it was the steamer was broken which reduced the menu to about six items

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

helta posted:

Lol, this shouldn't be funny. But its like 1 of 3 ingredients they need to have on hand. Its not like they slaughter it out back. It comes in a bag correct?

To be fair, it was like 30 minutes before they closed.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Q_res posted:

To be fair, it was like 30 minutes before they closed.

100 Soft tacos with extra beef and cheese. I see no problem! It’s not like they were out of Baja Blast or something.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

helta posted:

Every ingredient that a supplier sends to a fast food place comes in a bag. Even the soda.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i spent six months at Marco's and was shocked and impressed that i had to chop lettuce, tomato, bell pepper and onion fresh every day. i still eat there, though at a different location

they taught me a trick of slamming a head of lettuce onto a butcher block and ripping out the stem with a single hand, i could make like three pounds of salad a minute

----------------

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Oct 4, 2021

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

So I found myself standing outside a Taco Bueno the other day...

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

taco bueno is vastly superior to the bell and I won't be swayed by that

unfortunately for me all their locations are incredibly inconvenient, and the ones near me still aren't doing online/app orders. come on guys theres a plague nobody wants to interact get with the times.

actually might be time to try and get some bueno this weekend....

----------------

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

seriously what the gently caress was tbell thinking with their current chicken taco

----------------

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Minrad posted:

seriously what the gently caress was tbell thinking with their current chicken taco

"We bought 10000 kilos of thumb sized chicken nuggets, I think we charge people far too much money for them to make a large profit"

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Got an ad today for early access to the Cantina Crispy Melt which is just a regular hard shell taco with a trench of melted cheese at the very bottom. The cheese will undoubtedly exude grease that dissolves the tortilla, causing it to fall apart. I feel like these are hard times for innovation in the taco bell kitchen.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Scornful Sexbot posted:

Got an ad today for early access to the Cantina Crispy Melt which is just a regular hard shell taco with a trench of melted cheese at the very bottom. The cheese will undoubtedly exude grease that dissolves the tortilla, causing it to fall apart. I feel like these are hard times for innovation in the taco bell kitchen.

Will this be a buck? Time to hack this on the app remove the cheese ditch and enjoy my bounty of $1 tacos until they take ‘em away again.

----------------

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

That's fine. I guess you're just losers then.

The Cantina Crispy Melt taco has a fresh fried shell, it’s not the regular shell. I’m excited for it.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

everdave posted:

Will this be a buck? Time to hack this on the app remove the cheese ditch and enjoy my bounty of $1 tacos until they take ‘em away again.

They’re $2.19 in my area, this stinks. I can’t modify the ingredients to reduce the price.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I threw away a supreme taco last night cause it was about 40% sour cream by volume :mad:

Tbell closest to me hiring some bunk rear end taco wizards, drat

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Johnny Truant posted:

I threw away a supreme taco last night cause it was about 40% sour cream by volume :mad:

Tbell closest to me hiring some bunk rear end taco wizards, drat

Sounds like maybe you aren’t cut out for the Supreme lifestyle

----------------

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
40% sour cream sounds like bonus sour cream, To Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
two of the worst looking promo photos ive ever seen. also a river of cheese at the bottom feels like a tremendously bad idea

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They look photoshopped. Like the beef one looks like it the interior doesn't quite match the angel the shell is facing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Johnny Truant posted:

----------------