Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Jank rear end day 0 MMO shenanigans are extremely my poo poo. I'll see you fuckers in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

JackDRipper posted:

I got a 1080 laying around I can mail you.

Lol - thanks for the offer but my laptop’s GPU is soldered on so I pretty much need a whole new rig. Rip.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Ceramics posted:

How deep is the crafting/gathering and most importantly fishing aspect?

fishing during beta would gently caress up your sound, but it was decent as far as MMO fishing minigames go

crafting/gathering is your standard farm up a bunch of T1 mats to upgrade to T2 mats, but stuff that uses T2 mats needs upgraded workshops in towns that might not be available the first week, I think it requires a company to own the town first and have it selected, then it's upgraded by people doing quests. Also if the company who owns the town isn't part of your faction, stuff will probably be taxed at like 25%

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I absolutely loath gathering/crafting in games but I can tell you that I enjoy the poo poo out of it in this game.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Anita Dickinme posted:

I absolutely loath gathering/crafting in games but I can tell you that I enjoy the poo poo out of it in this game.

Same, 100%

The sound and animations are just oddly satisfying.

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

Ceramics posted:

On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being WOW fishing and 10 being AA fishing. I give this a solid 8.

Odinsgrace
Dec 29, 2013
Is there going to be any Korean level pay to win with this premium currency?

Wreckus
Dec 15, 2007

From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.

Ceramics posted:

https://newworldfishingguide.com/how-to-fish-in-new-world.html

Best fishing guide/resource in the game.

Odinsgrace posted:

Is there going to be any Korean level pay to win with this premium currency?

Only cosmetics currently. They're talking about adding a battle pass system in the future for even more exclusive cosmetics.

Wreckus fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 28, 2021

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Battle pass in a MMO with an existing cash shop would be very Bezos

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Global names and regional launch sure is a combination:

The "LOW" is a nice touch

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Was able to grab both of my names... I heard some people weren't able to grab theirs... RRRIP.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Launch patch notes: https://forums.newworld.com/t/release-notes-for-launch/236768

Highlights
Main Quest unlocked through level 60+ area.
VOIP locked until character is 3 hours old.
PVP scaling tweaked yet again.
Bug, dupe, and hack fixes.

Also, based on streamers not having drops until then, apparently earned cosmetics aren't going to be available until the last server starts at 8am Pacific.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Blacula posted:

Also, based on streamers not having drops until then, apparently earned cosmetics aren't going to be available until the last server starts at 8am Pacific.

11am EST... for context.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I just got the game, know pretty much nothing about how it plays and what's it about, going in blind day one babyy. Where are the EU goons rolling?

lexxyth
Jan 21, 2015
EU goons,
Looks like some people from the WoW Goon Squad discord have started playing on Asgard server, Syndicate faction. I don't think there is a guild yet, but maybe we should try to gather there and check our numbers.

edit: i was just suggesting the above as a server/fraction since there will be some goon presence already. Please do not use the GoonSquad discord as that was setup for the WoW guilds and that community.

lexxyth fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Sep 28, 2021

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

lexxyth posted:

EU goons,
Looks like some people from the WoW Goon Squad discord have started playing on Asgard server, Syndicate faction. I don't think there is a guild yet, but maybe we should try to gather there and check our numbers.

where is the eu wow goonsquad discord?

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer
Been playing for a few hours and just dinged level 10.

Here's my review so far: I like it!

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Konec Hry posted:

Been playing for a few hours and just dinged level 10.

Here's my review so far: I like it!

Long time no see (LF scandinavia thread), how are things?

I was slow on the draw so still in queue waiting for a covid test result, productive day

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

Kevin Bacon posted:

where is the eu wow goonsquad discord?

https://discord.gg/goonsquad

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

This game is going to be godawful and I am here for it, 45 mins left for the NA East crew

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.

Hi, just to be clear this is the discord for the EU World of Warcraft classic and retail guilds, it has nothing to do with New World.

A few members in our other games channel started discussing playing it, we'd appreciate you make your own discord if you're trying to establish an organised goon presence.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
:siren: ONE MORE TIME WE'RE GOING ROYLLO AS OF RIGHT NOW:siren:

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Pretty keen on this, any goons playing on Australian servers?

Or would Aus -> NA East ping playable?

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

junan_paalla posted:

I just got the game, know pretty much nothing about how it plays and what's it about, going in blind day one babyy. Where are the EU goons rolling?

EU Goons were going to roll NA East, if you do we are on Server Royllo

GrunkleStalin
Aug 13, 2021
Anyone else getting an error trying about not being able to post when trying the authme command on the bad games crew discord?

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Twoiism posted:

Hi, just to be clear this is the discord for the EU World of Warcraft classic and retail guilds, it has nothing to do with New World.

A few members in our other games channel started discussing playing it, we'd appreciate you make your own discord if you're trying to establish an organised goon presence.

IF EU goons need a server, you guys are welcome to use ours... https://discord.gg/MAA8nTD

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Welp, going to give the game a try, been trying to get back into guildwars2 but struggling on that.

If I buy the deluxe edition do I get my name added to Bezos's rocket?

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Sep 28, 2021

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Mmmmmmmmm server queues. Love that new MMO smell….

lexxyth
Jan 21, 2015

Tempus Thales posted:

IF EU goons need a server, you guys are welcome to use ours... https://discord.gg/MAA8nTD

I think it’s best to hop on this!

Asgard has hours of queue time (5-6k people) so I doubt we can get on that soon. I might try and roll with the Bad games crew for now since the queue are lower.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I nabbed my character name this morning, "Dirk Funk" on Royolos or whatever. I'll be on after work I hope!

Neith
Feb 16, 2013

VanillaGorilla posted:

Mmmmmmmmm server queues. Love that new MMO smell….

I got in right away. Got to level 5 and then lag detected and havent been able to get back on at all. Its a poo poo server I guess and over crowded cause Im watching a streamer having no issues at all

Edit: Im gonna go Kay Pacha with my friends. I cant handle this over crowded waiting non-sense. Have fun guys.

Neith fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Sep 28, 2021

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

:aaa:

This is before the US servers open and it's a few hours yet until EU prime time.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Got my copy last night. Pre-ordered the game when 2016 had just started. Yay for free deluxe edition!
Roylo is the server of choice, correct?

Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004

6500 people in the queue for Olympus lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There will almost for sure be emergency maintenance at around 8am pacific time and it will last most of the day.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Looks like US West servers aren't up yet?

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I knew the game would be big but didn’t necessarily expect it to beat Valheim’s launch. They’re already 40k concurrents past it now with USW still to open. drat. To think this will probably be the largest launch on Steam this year is kinda nuts.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

arbybaconator posted:

Looks like US West servers aren't up yet?

1 hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
A few friends of my wife and I (we're currently 16 members on Discord) have made a company on Zerzura EU Central. We're stuck in the queue right now, and I'm not sure about our motivations for the game, but if you're looking for a company on the EU servers, Wu Tang Company will take you on. We're playing as Covenant.

Discord link (active for 7 days): https://discord.gg/AJdUYwe9

honk honk

GET INTO DA CHOPPA fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 28, 2021