Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:

Views:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Gonna be a bunch of attempted drama stirring this week. Brady Sr. already went on a show and said "Belichick wanted [tom] out the door", then Belichick said this

https://twitter.com/MarkDanielsPJ/status/1442523143894151173

and now Tom's pushed back against his dad

https://twitter.com/ZackCoxNESN/status/1442686103845314564

The funny thing is there's going to be all this buildup to what will probably be a fart of a game, since the Pats look pretty bad right now

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/JClarkNBCS/status/1442705571006844928?s=19

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
All this hype over what’s going to be a blowout (Bucs 40 - Pats 5) when the game of the week is staring us all in the face (Rams vs Cardinals)

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Yeah, I'd like to see a good game, but I think the Patriots are just going to get shithoused. Rookie QB, no OL, bad run defense, bad special teams, receivers with the dropsies, overpaid TEs doing nothing, James White out.

Basically the Pats just suck in a really boring way, and even if the Bucs defense has taken a step back from 2020 the Pats offense is so anemic that it won't matter today.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Was hoping for Danny Dimes to win Angry Runs but Derrick Henry really is always the correct choice.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

lets go bucs baby love da bucs

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I doubt it will be the blowout everyone seems to think. The Bucs are down their #2 and #3 corner and they weren't exactly great to begin with. Couple that with JPP probably missing another game and the pass rush not being able to get to the QB at all this year leads me to believe Mac will probably look decent and have some long drives to keep the game within reason.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

wandler20 posted:

I doubt it will be the blowout everyone seems to think. The Bucs are down their #2 and #3 corner and they weren't exactly great to begin with. Couple that with JPP probably missing another game and the pass rush not being able to get to the QB at all this year leads me to believe Mac will probably look decent and have some long drives to keep the game within reason.

The Bucs DL can't be worse than the Jets and they got in Macs face. That isn't to say the Jets DL is bad but it's the worst one they've faced so far.

Their secondary being a dumpster fire helps right now but the Pats won't be able to stop Tampas offense so unless Brady has one of those random 3 int can't get anything going games their inability to cover anyone won't matter

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

wandler20 posted:

The Pats right now are simply decrepit on both sides of the ball. Also Brady wants blood.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Jalen Hurts seems like he could be ok, except that the rest of the Eagles run game is trash so he's trying to do it all on his own. Dude's gonna get lit up and break some bones one of these days!

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

A bunch of people on my social media feeds are poo poo talking the eagles coach wearing the beat Dallas shirt, but I don’t see anything wrong with that? News flash a team wants to beat their rival.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Democratic Pirate posted:

A bunch of people on my social media feeds are poo poo talking the eagles coach wearing the beat Dallas shirt, but I don’t see anything wrong with that? News flash a team wants to beat their rival.

Only works if you actually win.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My read on it was it feels very college football and people usually roll their eyes when coaches try to recreate that culture in the NFL.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It was amateur hour and to have that wet fart of a showing only made it worse

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Does that Jacksonville Henderson DB that was traded to Carolina… have any juice? Shown any flashes?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Does that Jacksonville Henderson DB that was traded to Carolina… have any juice? Shown any flashes?

Flashes yes. All the potential in the world. Needs to be coached up.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Me, to Cheatin' Tom Brady

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Peyton and Eli thing was a better idea than I thought it would be even though I hate both of them.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Rex was killed in the media and by non-Jets fanbases for repeatedly saying that he wanted to beat the Patriots. And he did beat the Pats from time to time as well.

It just never works out unless you win.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

mcmagic posted:

The Peyton and Eli thing was a better idea than I thought it would be even though I hate both of them.

It's fun but I had to switch when they brought Nick Saban on. gently caress that guy imvho

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Rex was killed in the media and by non-Jets fanbases for repeatedly saying that he wanted to beat the Patriots. And he did beat the Pats from time to time as well.

We should talk about how Rex is as fat now as he was when he took the Jets job.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

mcmagic posted:

We should talk about how Rex is as fat now as he was when he took the Jets job.

why

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

What is the context for the Eli double birds?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Nosre posted:

Gonna be a bunch of attempted drama stirring this week. Brady Sr. already went on a show and said "Belichick wanted [tom] out the door", then Belichick said this

https://twitter.com/MarkDanielsPJ/status/1442523143894151173

and now Tom's pushed back against his dad

https://twitter.com/ZackCoxNESN/status/1442686103845314564

The funny thing is there's going to be all this buildup to what will probably be a fart of a game, since the Pats look pretty bad right now

Belichick obviously wanted to keep Brady after 2019 - there were no better choices - but Belichick sure as poo poo wanted to swap Brady out for Jimmy G before the start of the 2018 season. Jimmy G and Brady had the same agent however - and the same shared goal - and went over Belichick's head to Kraft to keep Brady on the team. So Brady's dad is right in a way, it's just that it was like four years ago.

Brady's snake oil guy had some interesting comments on the whole thing.

quote:

For starters, Guerrero chalked up Tom Sr.’s remarks to those of a protective, loving father. He wasn’t necessarily speaking for his son.

“Look, I’m a father. I’ve got children. And I love and admire my kids. I think those were the emotions that were spoken by a loving father,” Guerrero said Wednesday afternoon. “I don’t know if they were really Tom’s emotions. When you’re in your mid-40s, how often are you calling your dad to talk about your work?”

Guerrero did, however, confirm Brady no longer felt wanted in New England, and the front office wasn’t giving him enough reason to stay. Guerrero contended Brady’s relationship with Bill Belichick got tougher to maintain toward the end, because Belichick didn’t evolve as Brady matured into an NFL legend.

“The interesting thing I think there — and this is just me, an outsider looking in — it was like Bill never really … I think his emotions or feelings never evolved with age,” Guerrero said. “I think in time, with Tom, as Tom got into his late 30s or early 40s, I think Bill was still trying to treat him like that 20-year-old kid that he drafted. And all the players, I think, realized Tom was different.

“He’s older, so he should be treated differently. And all the players, none of them would have cared that he was treated differently. I think that was such a Bill thing. He never evolved. So you can’t treat someone who’s in his 40s like they’re 20. It doesn’t work.”

Guerrero then suggested Belichick seemed to have changed for Cam Newton, Brady’s immediate successor.

“It’s interesting, if you look at how Bill looks at some of these other players, it looks to me like he’s been able to modify or change a little bit,” said Guerrero. “Maybe he’s forced to. If you’re going to be a coach, a coach should be the one to modify or make changes.”

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

There's also been a couple of other things like wearing an Iverson shirtsey and running a DOA Philly Special against the Niners. Like learn how to manage a football game and we'll like you

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I mean no particular reason but i just saw him on TV and i was surprised by it lol.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Brady's snake oil guy had some interesting comments on the whole thing.

Oh weird, the guy that got chucked out of the stadium by Belichick doesn't like Belichick, how odd.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Pats right now are simply decrepit on both sides of the ball. Also Brady wants blood.

Pretty much this. Brace for :patssay: and/or :qq: I guess:

I get that everyone is gun-shy about declaring the Patriots dead after it kept not happening from 2013-present, but they just look like poo poo across the board now. It's just flown under the radar since they're generically bad instead of "hilarious absolute disaster LOL WTF BBQ" bad. They will probably improve over the course of the year, but at this moment they're basically as bad as they've looked since the early 1990s. The new guys are still confused by the system and tripping over their own feet, and the old guys have been invisible. Penalties and blunders have been ever-present.

Everyone assumed the OL would be good and it's quietly been godawful. Their ancient OL guru got replaced by Just Some loving Guy and now they can't run for poo poo and their rookie QB is getting blasted off the snap even on checkdowns.

The run defense has spent the last 2 weeks getting dunked on. The pass defense looks fine on paper but hasn't played a real QB yet and is missing its top corner. Special teams has sucked. It's basically the opposite of every stereotype about the Belichick era Patriots.

Ironically the quarterback is probably the least of their problems, he's been firmly in the "fine for a rookie, I guess" bin rather than '"actually good" but the main problem is that he's getting drilled while his receivers and tight ends don't get open, drop the ball or tip it to the other team. And they can't run the ball so he literally led the team in total rushing and yards per attempt against the Saints as a sluggish Caucasian lol.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Belichick obviously wanted to keep Brady after 2019 - there were no better choices - but Belichick sure as poo poo wanted to swap Brady out for Jimmy G before the start of the 2018 season. Jimmy G and Brady had the same agent however - and the same shared goal - and went over Belichick's head to Kraft to keep Brady on the team. So Brady's dad is right in a way, it's just that it was like four years ago.

It's true that Belichick wanted Brady instead of nobody, but his offer was such poo poo that he'd have to be a moron to think it would be taken seriously. Which I guess is possible.

1) 1 year deal for below market value instead of a multi year deal with more guaranteed total and per year
2) Play with shitass receivers and get thrown under the bus when the offense sucks, instead of throwing to a bunch of giant fast talented dudes
3) Get treated like a basic bitch as a 43 year old man instead of... not that

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

camoseven posted:

Jalen Hurts seems like he could be ok, except that the rest of the Eagles run game is trash so he's trying to do it all on his own. Dude's gonna get lit up and break some bones one of these days!

I saw that they had THREE rushing attempts by non-QBs. That's a ridiculous balance for any team, let alone one with a young QB whose mobility is his greatest strength right now.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Blowjob Overtime posted:

What is the context for the Eli double birds?

He was talking about rolling into Philadelphia and in five minutes a 9 year-old is giving him the double birds

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1442848962285817857

hosed up, if true

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1442848962285817857?s=20

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They really are the loving Expendables.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I can't imagine Sherman lasting more than like 12 snaps before he's hurt and fucks off to IR for the rest of the season.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Quick Reads W3: All Rookies Are Terrible
https://twitter.com/fboutsiders/status/1442851308030078976

Jaylen Waddle is probably the least of the Dolphins' concerns but this is fun.

quote:

Regardless, this is probably the worst day you'll ever see for a player who caught 12 passes in 13 targets. But none of those catches gained more than 9 yards, and only one—a 7-yard gain on second-and-1—produced a first down. Waddle's average of 4.8 yards per catch is the second-worst ever for a wide receiver with at least 10 catches in a game, and that's not even accounting for the time he fumbled on a 4-yard catch on third-and-15. Finally, Waddle is the only player in Stathead's database, which goes back to 1994, to catch a pass and then be tackled for a safety.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Woozie66 posted:

I saw that they had THREE rushing attempts by non-QBs. That's a ridiculous balance for any team, let alone one with a young QB whose mobility is his greatest strength right now.

lol that Sanders line is hilarious.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Jaylen Waddle is probably the least of the Dolphins' concerns but this is fun.

record
setting
poo poo

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Hopefully his magnet therapy helped. (I have no idea what magnet therapy is)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hopefully his magnet therapy helped. (I have no idea what magnet therapy is)

Some guy with a degree from a non-accredited college sucks all the money out of your wallet with a giant Loony Tunes type magnet