Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Philadelphia Flyers are dogshit garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

loving laffo at the jungle boy goal song

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
:siren: PELECH WITH THE ANSWER

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

THE FLYERS

GARBAGE DOGSHIT

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
i hope the rangers keep zac jones up. he is starting to make some really moronic plays, but he's got that Tony D thing where he has that lunatic full confidence to make silly plays

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
let me be clear: i am lovingly saying moronic plays. he's playing really well, but it's the type of poo poo They Don't Like You Doing in the nhl

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Glad to see the flyers pp hasn’t improved at all

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
I know i say this in like every GDT, but I’m going to say it again, god drat Artemi Panarin is so good at the game of hockey, it is loving unreal.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jovial Cow posted:

I know i say this in like every GDT, but I’m going to say it again, god drat Artemi Panarin is so good at the game of hockey, it is loving unreal.

his hands are unreal

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk posted:

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
:siren: MASTER HAS GIVEN DOBBY A GOAL

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

It's hard to care about pre season but im still sad about how the flyers look

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Good soup! posted:

It's hard to care about pre season but im still sad about how the flyers look

I'm willing to let a lot slide since it's the first game and the Isles are on their 2nd, but man the PK still being passive bugs me

E: Hart looked a LOT more relaxed and like his normal self in the first 2 periods though

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
I did not know Derick Brassard was a Flyer but I've liked him so far as a Flyer

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/charlieo_conn/status/1443024700691582980

solid choices, both

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Man I don't care for the guy doing color for Seattle at *all*

also if regular season ESPN+ doesn't let us choose which broadcast to watch this could be a looooooonnng TV deal

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk posted:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao that was fast

:rip: flyera

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

:siren: CHECK THE CLOCK, IT'S BEAUVERTIME

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

FBS posted:

Man I don't care for the guy doing color for Seattle at *all*

also if regular season ESPN+ doesn't let us choose which broadcast to watch this could be a looooooonnng TV deal

Making me watch a bruins broadcast is the fastest way to make me pirate literally any other feed

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Jovial Cow posted:

yeah he's incredible

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Good soup! posted:

Making me watch a bruins broadcast is the fastest way to make me pirate literally any other feed

Promising news on that front:

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

leafs' new depth guys look like they might actually be good

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Leafs fans say that every year though.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

yeah now that you mention it i remember thornton scoring a few in the preseason last year. bunting's on the right side of 40 at least anyway.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Dallas fans watching this game going to get some PTSD lol...

team just habitually quits in the 3rd period under Bowness.

**eh to be fair I probably wouldn't have cared / noticed if not for the broadcast calling it out in the intermission lol.. "the Stars lost the lead in the 3rd period more than any other team last year, will this year be different? this changes now!"

20 minutes later: nope

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Sep 30, 2021

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don’t think your commentary guys even mentioned once how the cats were for the most part AHL dudes with the odd person whose played games with us before. They mentioned lack of Barkov right at the very end, but man they were kinda acting like these were even strength squads out there.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don’t think your commentary guys even mentioned once how the cats were for the most part AHL dudes with the odd person whose played games with us before. They mentioned lack of Barkov right at the very end, but man they were kinda acting like these were even strength squads out there.

?? I think they pointed out a few times it was a pretty green roster from Florida from what I've heard. I'm not entirely surprised Florida played well, their entire roster already had 1 game underneath them whereas 80% of the Stars roster was playing their first time this year.

Dallas was pretty solidly the better squad, Gibson just outplayed Oettinger by a wide margin.. I'm not unhappy about the effort level overall, but the impression of having the Stars play the entire 10 last minutes of the game in their own end trying to nurse a 1 goal lead before losing in extra time (something they did more than any other team by a wide margin last year and are ALREADY 0-0-2 this preseason lol) is not good for the fan's confidence

on a related note Oettinger might have just signed his ticket to the AHL.. it was pretty clear that was going to be happening anyway, but the optics of having him let 3 goals in right through him after Holtby played really well in St Louis was not good.

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Sep 30, 2021

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ah I must’ve missed them mention it, apologies.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Haha, Tkatchuk gets called on his BS and Kraken scores.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the nhl on tnt sounds a lot like nbc

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
TNT's score bug is nice and simple. There's probably room to add SOG.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

sedative posted:

TNT's score bug is nice and simple. There's probably room to add SOG.

Yeah, it's got the SOG now that there are some. I swear the TNT goal font was the same as the old NBC one.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

lol so how many cross checking minutes are we looking at total

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk posted:

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

Martin Jones is fitting in perfectly

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Martin Jones stinks

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
I'm glad that Martin Jones is exactly as advertised.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Maybe he’s there to make hart appear better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm already liking this studio show. It's a bit awkward but they're trying to have actual personalities