Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
When does koga get to train with julius and have to tug of war a go-kart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Brought To You By posted:

The man just proved this very tournament that pure strength trumps technique and one of the only people that could plausibly beat him is a super-powered freak of nature himself. Julius' beliefs aren't unfounded and he's legitimately a character that would win most matchups he encounters in this series.

there are literally 4 people who could at a minimum go toe to toe with julius

gaolang
kanoh
kuroki
watasuki

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
hey, it's takeshi wakatsuki, the unbeatable kengan fighter. with his superhuman strength and incredible power of will, he can defeat any foe

oh no, it seems wakatsuki has lost to somebody called "the floating cloud"

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Julius vs Kuroki when imo

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

verbal enema posted:

there are literally 4 people who could at a minimum go toe to toe with julius

gaolang
kanoh
kuroki
watasuki

Imma add Bando to this list since he favored headshots back when he was a serial killer and Julius lost to Waka because he doesn't have any muscles in his own noggin to protect himself. I'd also add post Time Skip Raian since his release gives him physical strength that's supposed to be on par with, or greater than Wakatsuki but he also has the Kure techniques layered on top of that. So that's 6 characters I think have the minimum requirements to beat Julius and a few of them are conditional on not getting grabbed and turned into a human nun-chuck, Baki style.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Rihito could rip through Julius's neck and destroy him instantly.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

that's a 'could' that is doing more work than the bar on julius's weights

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Imma add Bando to this list since he favored headshots back when he was a serial killer and Julius lost to Waka because he doesn't have any muscles in his own noggin to protect himself. I'd also add post Time Skip Raian since his release gives him physical strength that's supposed to be on par with, or greater than Wakatsuki but he also has the Kure techniques layered on top of that. So that's 6 characters I think have the minimum requirements to beat Julius and a few of them are conditional on not getting grabbed and turned into a human nun-chuck, Baki style.

New Bando is gonna own

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Julius lost to Waka because he doesn't have any muscles in his own noggin to protect himself.

Julius is friends with Saw Paing through the Foreign Resident Fighters meeting so maybe he's learned the secret to a powerful skull now.

(Saw's terminator skeleton is still my favorite gimmick and I still think he was totally robbed in his fight vs fast guy)

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Sep 28, 2021

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
no poo poo wakatsuki + julius steroids + saw paing hammer head would literally be invincible

get to it sandrovich

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Zerilan posted:

Julius is friends with Saw Paing through the Foreign Resident Fighters meeting so maybe he's learned the secret to a powerful skull now.

i love how they sit in the booths lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
So there is a kengan baki crossover happening and something got leaked

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What got leaked

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Zzulu posted:

What got leaked

Yujiro Hanma fucks Ohma in the rear end

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zzulu posted:

What got leaked

Just a few pages, nothing big. It takes place a while before Kengan(10+ years)(or at least the leaked pages do)

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Yujiro Hanma fucks Ohma in the rear end

Sorry, you got the text spoilers which were an elaborate troll. Here's the actual spoilers

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Who is drawing/writing the crossover?

For how crazy Kengan can get Baki is just wayyyy crazier. It's gonna be weird

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zzulu posted:

Who is drawing/writing the crossover?

For how crazy Kengan can get Baki is just wayyyy crazier. It's gonna be weird

Dunno about writing but the Kengan artist(Daromeon) is drawing it.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!
https://twitter.com/daromeon/status/1443137188644868100?s=20

Let's fuckin' go. Judging from the trailer, it's HnG, but now official.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

doublepost, but gently caress it:

https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/owLN1k/chapter-128/

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I can't believe this

they loving skipped Muteba's fight

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

"Whoever he is, he must have been handsome"

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

That was an oddly funny chapter for it being someone's death throes. I guess that's just the kind of he was. I'm guessing Ohma is a clone of some previous Niko, maybe? Before this current one? I don't know, this whole Tiger's Vessel thing isn't really that compelling as a main plot.

It looks like they have the first five and latest ten chapters of Omega up. Are they going to cover the whole thing? What about Ashura? Seems weird to only do the sequel series.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lihito

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis posted:

They better not loving offscreen the Raian and Muteba fights

rear end...!!! gently caress!!!

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm just relieved that it's actually good. I guess I shouldn't be shocked, considering Daro's grasp of English means he probably wouldn't tolerate any AI translated horseshit, but when it comes to official releases I've been burned too many times

now put out all of asura in comparable quality so i can buy it

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
https://www.hokutonogun.com/?p=44582

Yep it's HnG, this is basically the best case scenario.

Edit:misread, they're using their translation as a base I think, but I don't think HnG is actually doing it.

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 29, 2021

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Also drat, rip Fei. I'm really starting to dislike this Niko dude. Also it sucks that they seemingly skipped Muteba, but maybe they'll circle back on it next week.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I assume ohma and ryuki are clones of the worm head

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I think that Ohma has already been hijacked by the worm honestly.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

tweet my meat posted:

I think that Ohma has already been hijacked by the worm honestly.

i thought this at first until the camera really pointedly went off the two new characters and stopped caring about them

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Begemot posted:

That was an oddly funny chapter for it being someone's death throes. I guess that's just the kind of he was. I'm guessing Ohma is a clone of some previous Niko, maybe? Before this current one? I don't know, this whole Tiger's Vessel thing isn't really that compelling as a main plot.

It looks like they have the first five and latest ten chapters of Omega up. Are they going to cover the whole thing? What about Ashura? Seems weird to only do the sequel series.

I'm sure once they finish catching up on Omega they will go and do the same for Ashura.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm just relieved that it's actually good. I guess I shouldn't be shocked, considering Daro's grasp of English means he probably wouldn't tolerate any AI translated horseshit, but when it comes to official releases I've been burned too many times

now put out all of asura in comparable quality so i can buy it

I mean, it's quite literally the same hokuto no gun team that did all of Kengan until they went *wink wink nudge nudge* "we're not fantranslating kengan anymore because we want to get an official translation" *wink wink nudge nudge*

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the website says they're releasing Asura at the same time, 6 or 7 chapters a month

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Ah, here we are.
https://comikey.com/news/2021/09/kengan-is-coming-to-comikey/

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

tweet my meat posted:

https://www.hokutonogun.com/?p=44582

Yep it's HnG, this is basically the best case scenario.

Edit:misread, they're using their translation as a base I think, but I don't think HnG is actually doing it.

quote:

"To those who believed in us, thank you.

To those who doubted us, you’re welcome.

To Scans of Metsudo, A for effort."

oh gently caress off

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I should mention that this website, Comikey, is kinda bad. Various chapters across several series have pages misplaced and in a few instances repeat pages. I would leave a comment to complain, but I don't feel like opening an account there.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Was 128 free when it first went up? It appears to be paywalled already.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ It'll be free for a week in a day. You get 5 free keys if you make an account, that's how I read it.

Their business model is also pretty bad. No sub, you pay for keys which unlock chapters(which I assume you then own). New chapters are free for a week though(after 24 hours of the initial release)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

IceBorg posted:

oh gently caress off