Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

RatHat posted:

^^^ It'll be free for a week in a day. You get 5 free keys if you make an account, that's how I read it.

Their business model is also pretty bad. No sub, you pay for keys which unlock chapters(which I assume you then own). New chapters are free for a week though(after 24 hours of the initial release)

They are free the first hour of release (roughly 10:30 EST), then locked up for 12 hours (or after midnight, forgot which is the case), after which they are free again and will stay free until the next chapter is released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The site could certainly be worse. Kengan definitely deserves a better platform, but I'll use it anyways because an official release is an official release.

The keys seem relatively cheap at least for weekly readers, 4 bucks for 10. If you're just reading the free weekly chapter and occasionally using a key to break the 12 hour window then that would last a very long time. I'll have to work out how much the full collection would wind up costing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

tweet my meat posted:

The site could certainly be worse. Kengan definitely deserves a better platform, but I'll use it anyways because an official release is an official release.

The keys seem relatively cheap at least for weekly readers, 4 bucks for 10. If you're just reading the free weekly chapter and occasionally using a key to break the 12 hour window then that would last a very long time. I'll have to work out how much the full collection would wind up costing.

If you're only reading one series then the keys aren't too bad but they don't scale up very well if you read more than one.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

IceBorg posted:

oh gently caress off

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

IceBorg posted:

oh gently caress off

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

tweet my meat posted:

They could be spending more than $50 to read just one series.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
It's about $113 before taxes and new chapters to get every chapter of ashura and omega if they were all released right now, that seems a tad expensive.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

tweet my meat posted:

It's about $113 before taxes and new chapters to get every chapter of ashura and omega if they were all released right now, that seems a tad expensive.

Certainly cheaper than buying them physically I guess

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RatHat posted:

^^^ It'll be free for a week in a day. You get 5 free keys if you make an account, that's how I read it.

Their business model is also pretty bad. No sub, you pay for keys which unlock chapters(which I assume you then own). New chapters are free for a week though(after 24 hours of the initial release)

Is this bad, it just sounds like a standard (non-fast-pass) Korean webtoon payment model, except Korean webtoons don't give you the newest chapters for free.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

IceBorg posted:

oh gently caress off

So is there somewhere else to read these chapters, I'm not going to use that site.

Cirina fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 30, 2021

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
https://twitter.com/daromeon/status/1443391953819758597

Daro apparently took some cues from certain anime bigshots when he got married

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

IceBorg posted:

oh gently caress off

RatHat posted:

Certainly cheaper than buying them physically I guess

It’s like 50% more for physical but then i also have it and not licensed on some poo poo website

Dunno what the physical translations are like, guessing “dire”

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Eopia posted:

So is there somewhere else to read these chapters, I'm not going to use that site.

aggregators will almost certainly be ripping them

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Just keep posting links here so I can read my ridiculous fightman comic book about my boy Julius defeating people with his ascended musculature

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
You'd think if the worm had cloning tech they'd be trying to make waka style supermen too

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://mangadex.org/chapter/e7157117-9971-4fc8-a772-892c50e45b79

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
LOKTAROGAR FINISH OUT YOU gently caress

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Doppo, you're the laziest man on Kengan

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Two Antonio Inoki based characters hanging out with each other is great.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
That was fun, i want more

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So how big a deal is Orochi in Baki? I have absolutely no idea who this dude is.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

RareAcumen posted:

So how big a deal is Orochi in Baki? I have absolutely no idea who this dude is.

He is constantly around in the various Baki comics and generally gets dunked on by whatever boss fighter that is going to be crushed by Baki to show off their strength. In the Bakiverse he is very much a big deal, kind of like say Okubo where he is a figure in both the above and below ground world.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he's the equivalent of the guy who runs the karate organisation waka was part of

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jose posted:

he's the equivalent of the guy who runs the karate organisation waka was part of

So Doppo's favourite finishing move is biting too?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

RareAcumen posted:

He is a big deal. He started out as a bigger deal when he was first introduced but the Baki manga has been going for so long there's been a lot of power creep. Now he's a background regular who will clown on everyone except the new big challenge the latest saga introduced (where he will get destroyed instead). Since his introduction he has had his eye poked out, got punched so hard his heart stopped and everyone thought he died, had his arm cut off and his face blown up by a bomb. He's still going though... The Orochi in the Kengan comic is the young version of him before all the injuries.

And yeah, he beat up a tiger lol;

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Oct 1, 2021

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The crossover was fun and then I decided to catch up on Baki and welp itagaki is being fuckin' weird again

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Orochi is probably the coolest Baki character. Definitely up there at least.

Glad he was the focus of this short crossover.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he got his hand cut off and immediately thanked the person who did it because for the first time in his life he could punch someone all out without risk of breaking his hand lol. then he punched them with the stump

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Dias posted:

The crossover was fun and then I decided to catch up on Baki and welp itagaki is being fuckin' weird again

there are times when he isn't being weird?

Andrew Lime
Oct 9, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there are times when he isn't being weird?

Well he managed to take Yujiro's worst character aspect to an even weirder place.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jose posted:

he got his hand cut off and immediately thanked the person who did it because for the first time in his life he could punch someone all out without risk of breaking his hand lol. then he punched them with the stump

Ah yes, the Toriko maneuver.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Wait did the Baki Crossover already drop?!?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Chapter 129
Get used to simultaneous releases folks.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Oh, he's from the Philippines.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Good news is that it is looking VERY likely that Rolon (roland?) is going to be just a clean straight up punchmans with no worm connections.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Your feeling I feel deeply, Liu.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

JamMasterJim posted:

Your feeling I feel deeply, Liu.

Liu has seen some poo poo. Mostly in the last X hours, but some poo poo nevertheless.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Lmao at Muteba reporting getting his rear end kicked as "I have repelled the invader" :allears:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lt. Lizard posted:

Lmao at Muteba reporting getting his rear end kicked as "I have repelled the invader" :allears:

Always on the grind, knows how to get paid even when he fails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Muteba wasn't beat, he still had a gun to use on Other Niko, Other Niko recognized the trap and pulled back