Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

Frog Act posted:

DDOSed to death I guess but I did recently play TF2 for the first time a few months ago, and I took the time to unlock everything and cap some of the grinds or whatever, and man, that was a truly spectacular online FPS. I hope this game has even a fraction of that frenetic creativity

Hm, I haven't played it in about two years, but I feel like it aged fine when I was last futzing around. Same for BF1. It's only the BF2 era of games that I have a genuinely hard time immersing myself in these days, but I'm gonna have to go back and give it another try to see if it doesn't hold up like I thought it did. The levelution stuff definitely never amounted to anything but an annoyance, especially on the flood level

I agree with Josh on this one. The gunplay in 4 is godawful when compared to the modern BF titles, and I just can't get past how random the recoil is, and how clunky the whole game feels. Shame, because I really enjoyed it back in the day, but I just can't get into it at all anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Frog Act posted:

I've watched a bunch of videos of this and it really looks just like Battlefield 4, only with slightly newer graphics. It's just so lame that they decided to do a future game and then set it in such a near-future era it's basically indistinguishable from earlier iterations of the modern warfare battlefield games, instead of doing something distinctive and cool like 2142 with all it's unique modes, vehicles, weapons, etc. What am I missing? Are there any actual futuristic things that I just didn't pick up on in trailers?

Any games that aren't contemporary war have a lame setting. Battlefield 2, BC2, 3, and 4 are the best games of the series for very good reason.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Charles 1998 posted:

Any games that aren't contemporary war have a lame setting. Battlefield 2, BC2, 3, and 4 are the best games of the series for very good reason.

I won't stand for this Heroes erasure

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Frog Act posted:

I guess my fantasy of a creative AAA shooter with cool giant robots and innovative game modes will have to remain in 2006

Sab669 posted:

Titanfall 1 & 2 says what?
Reminder that they made a titanfall battle royale without any giant robots lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFmkRPbfL90

Gonna need at least one giant anime robot game to actually be a success before anyone tries pumping AAA money into the genre again

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

The United States posted:

Reminder that they made a titanfall battle royale without any giant robots lol

Isn't that just Apex Legends?

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
So GameStop and best buy are doing Steelbook covers for preorders but I can't figure out how to preorder the gold edition for ps5 on their websites. Am I an idiot? Has anyone else managed to do this?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Charles 1998 posted:

Isn't that just Apex Legends?
It is.

And they added vehicles and everything, just not, you know, titans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Og0zYfBh4

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 29, 2021

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Not kidding when I say that Hardline aged really well

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

jisforjosh posted:

Going back to BF4 after playing any modern FPS really shows how badly BF4 has aged in terms of movement and whatever the hell "feel" encompasses

I went back to BF4 for a while and kept trying to ledge grab and slide which made me wish it I could switch to third person to see how ridiculous I looked sprinting into a sudden crouch or jumping at a wall.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

VulgarandStupid posted:

Why would you ever want to look like anything other than a very bland grey?

The camo does nothing, express your soldier's self

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

humpthewind posted:

So GameStop and best buy are doing Steelbook covers for preorders but I can't figure out how to preorder the gold edition for ps5 on their websites. Am I an idiot? Has anyone else managed to do this?

I can't find any info on this but I assume gold and ultimate edition are digital only. EA has down this with other games before.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

humpthewind posted:

This is your guardian angel here to tell you that physical copies of games, especially collectors poo poo is a complete waste and should be avoided always

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

codo27 posted:

This is your guardian angel here to tell you that physical copies of games, especially collectors poo poo is a complete waste and should be avoided always

Unless you're concerned about not actually legally owning your games when it comes to digital copies and if the digital distribution platform/servers get shut down though anymore the "physical" copies of games are just boxes with download codes

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Hot Diggity! posted:

Not kidding when I say that Hardline aged really well

It was always good.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Blue Raider posted:

It was always good.

That's right OP

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Quick question:

I got Battlefield 1 as part of an Amazon Prime trial period, and it wasn't removed from my Origin account after the trial ended.

BF1 with all the DLCs (at least, that's what I assume the Revolution edition is?) is part of EA play. If I sign up for that and then cancel, will all the DLC still be associated with the game on Origin?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Xander77 posted:

Quick question:

I got Battlefield 1 as part of an Amazon Prime trial period, and it wasn't removed from my Origin account after the trial ended.

BF1 with all the DLCs (at least, that's what I assume the Revolution edition is?) is part of EA play. If I sign up for that and then cancel, will all the DLC still be associated with the game on Origin?

No. BF1 Revolution or whatever will show up as a separate entry in Origin and will gray out when your EA Play subscription is no longer active. You'll just have base BF1 remaining.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

jisforjosh posted:

Unless you're concerned about not actually legally owning your games when it comes to digital copies and if the digital distribution platform/servers get shut down though anymore the "physical" copies of games are just boxes with download codes

Isn't bf2042 online only? If they shut down the server no one is playing

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Fried Watermelon posted:

Isn't bf2042 online only? If they shut down the server no one is playing

True though EA shutdown BF1942, 2, 2142, and og Battlefront central servers over 6 years ago but the community figured out a work around

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Hopper posted:

I can't find any info on this but I assume gold and ultimate edition are digital only. EA has down this with other games before.

Thanks. I gave up and just went through PS Store to get Gold

codo27 posted:

Normally I agree but if it's the same price for a physical thing I don't see the harm. I can always get rid of it later if it becomes clutter It started as clutter

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

We got a handle yet on how many goons will play 2042 on PC vs. a system like Xbox Series X?

I am still waffling horribly between buying a $2k gaming PC or Series X. Though, Series X has been Supply Chain hosed for approximately forever, and not sure if it will let up soon, so it's sold out everywhere.

Inner Light fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 30, 2021

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Normally I'd say don't spend 2k on a pre-built gaming PC. But given the current grfx card market, that's probably a better deal than sourcing individual parts.

I'd base it on your preferred input method for FPS games. If you normally play m&kb, a PC would probably be the better choice, unless xbox allows m&kb and you can set them up comfortably.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Battlefield is perfectly fine on Xbox. Unless you’re going to be playing a shitload of games on your PC that’s the way to go.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Inner Light posted:

We got a handle yet on how many goons will play 2142 on PC vs. a system like Xbox Series X?

I am still waffling horribly between buying a $2k gaming PC or Series X. Though, Series X has been Supply Chain hosed for approximately forever, and not sure if it will let up soon, so it's sold out everywhere.

Considering it's crossplay I guess whichever control scheme you're comfortable with?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Inner Light posted:

We got a handle yet on how many goons will play 2142 on PC vs. a system like Xbox Series X?

PS5, let's goooooooooo!

Between the end of my BF4 days and 2042, I've been in infant/toddler-land and have been unable to regularly play online games with my bros basically at all for a few years now. Finally at a point where I can probably start back up and I'm taking 2042 day off to play the poo poo out of it.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

thanks to crossplay, I imagine we'll have a pretty huge goon group going for 2042

things are gonna get weird

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

let a thousand aim assist complaints bloom :blessed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y87ZXs_zeTY&t=22s

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Time to trick BF2042 into thinking my keyboard and mouse are a controller and have it make my score worse

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
I wouldn't mind being on the receiving end of that. Battlefield is one of the few games I can get owned in and yet still have tons of fun.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Does it give you aim assist if you use a xbox controller on your PC?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Good, he initially aimed at all the places I whiff to when I'm panicking

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

PS5, let's goooooooooo!

Between the end of my BF4 days and 2042, I've been in infant/toddler-land and have been unable to regularly play online games with my bros basically at all for a few years now. Finally at a point where I can probably start back up and I'm taking 2042 day off to play the poo poo out of it.

I really wouldn't take launch day off if that's what you mean. Chances are there will be issues galore and the experience on day 1 won't be worth sacrificing a day off for.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Look, I just want a day off work, even if it means servers crashing every 5 mins.

BIgDevine
Sep 24, 2018
I know SA forums has goonswaffe corp on eve online. Please tell me we are going to have a group on this game to because I’m going to blitz this game when it comes out!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Game Pass Ultimate subs will get Early Access to the beta like pre-orders do. (Confirmed in replies)

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1442957290634633217

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Do you need EA Pass to get early access to the beta, or just a pre-purchase? I pre-purchased.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Ynglaur posted:

Do you need EA Pass to get early access to the beta, or just a pre-purchase? I pre-purchased.

Pre-purchase works too

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

BIgDevine posted:

I know SA forums has goonswaffe corp on eve online. Please tell me we are going to have a group on this game to because I’m going to blitz this game when it comes out!

I do remember us Euro goons running under [SPRG] in BF games in the past, but that tag probably isn't PC anymore these days. Not sure what the current one is/will be.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Hopper posted:

I do remember us Euro goons running under [SPRG] in BF games in the past, but that tag probably isn't PC anymore these days. Not sure what the current one is/will be.

Why not, uh, [GOON]? Substitute other UTF-8 characters for "O" if necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

BIgDevine posted:

There is usually a goon platoon of some sort or another running during Battlefield launches to pub stomp. Time to fill a team with 64 goons across 3 platforms

Previous platoons have been the classic LLJK, CUMP (cum police), LGBT, ACAB, or KUMT (kumtruppen) among others

jisforjosh fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Sep 30, 2021