Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GODDAMN FOOL
Aug 23, 2005

DO NOT READ >>>
I figured I'd check the thread for some tips on how to become the ultra-powerful player like SA threads used to be about, but all I see is whining about people losing their internet connection/cat stepping on power supplies (y'know, things that are definitely the fault of the game) and typical goon complainery.

Not sure what else I expected nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

euphronius posted:

I’m not critiquing you in just laughing at the absurdity of such a statement and the absurdity of it even needing to be made

fair nuff! it sucks real bad. i wish for all of us all get on and commence goon domination asap :pray:

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
Crafted ammo is also a decision that it's pretty hard to imagine coming from any game designer that played any mmo in the last 15 years.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Pigbottom posted:

Crafted ammo is also a decision that it's pretty hard to imagine coming from any game designer that played any mmo in the last 15 years.

Yeah, especially when you can't just buy it without someone else making it first and especially especially since one of the ammo types doesn't have a 'pick up stuff from the ground' option.

GODDAMN FOOL
Aug 23, 2005

DO NOT READ >>>

Pigbottom posted:

but I tell you what, our company made a killing cornering that market at 3gp per cartridge last night

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

GODDAMN FOOL posted:

I figured I'd check the thread for some tips on how to become the ultra-powerful player like SA threads used to be about, but all I see is whining about people losing their internet connection/cat stepping on power supplies (y'know, things that are definitely the fault of the game) and typical goon complainery.

Not sure what else I expected nowadays.

Get off my lawn.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

How long till a goon guild implodes from drama/someone steals the guild bank?

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Hy_C posted:

didn't that happen already?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

GODDAMN FOOL posted:

I figured I'd check the thread for some tips on how to become the ultra-powerful player

Just give us a few weeks and we'll get it down pact, promise. In the mean time enjoy the thread show. :munch:

Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004

Devor posted:

There's a quest boss you have to kill in a dark cave as part of a quest that has apparently an ~8 minute respawn timer, but more people hit that quest stage in 8 minutes than are able to get a kill when he spawns. So 1-2 people who have to wait, become 3-4, and when I rolled up it was about 15 people crammed in the corner to 1-shot the boss, many of whom will be disappointed.

Marked a good time to take a break for a while.

Listen to your friend Overseer Zane, he's a cool dude.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
The market UI itself is really bad - it’s very slow and clunky. The economy itself is all over the place, which is to be expected for a brand new MMO. Gear prices seem totally random - I’ve been selling random iron greens for anywhere between 25gp and 500gp and what is an “expensive item” seems to be just based on what someone else has not already aggressively undercut.

“Player driven economy” seems like a holdover from when this was a full loot game, because without some sort of pressure on gear I can’t really imagine anything but meta consumables being profitable long term.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Give it a couple days. I haven’t been able to decide what market to corner and what market games I wanna play yet but most of it is building up gold to manipulate the market. Like I saw people undercutting minor health potions so bad earlier today and was mad I didn’t have just like a couple hundred more gold to make a small fortune.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah if gear doesn’t degrade or break were is a big economy coming from

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

CLAM DOWN posted:

No, still 2000 cap.

https://newworldstatus.com/

iirc they didn't say today, they said "in the future" and they're "working on it".

Okay, I could have sworn that they tweeted/posted that they plan was to double the cap after 24 hours in order to allow the population to spread out more, but I guess not. Unless of course they meant "24 hours after we figure out how to actually change the code to allow this".

GODDAMN FOOL
Aug 23, 2005

DO NOT READ >>>

Anita Dickinme posted:

Give it a couple days. I haven’t been able to decide what market to corner and what market games I wanna play yet but most of it is building up gold to manipulate the market. Like I saw people undercutting minor health potions so bad earlier today and was mad I didn’t have just like a couple hundred more gold to make a small fortune.

I have a small feeling that furniture may soon be the way to go

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Aren't the companies hard capped to 100 members? Even if the server populations increase, isn't it still going to be a problem when somebody transfers to a server and the company they wanted to join is already at 100 members and they can't actually participate in the guild system?

Or is the assumption that Companies will always be limited to 5% of the server population?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The server I'm on has syndicate chat currently tearing itself apart over the tax rate

It's p funny

GODDAMN FOOL
Aug 23, 2005

DO NOT READ >>>

Discospawn posted:

Aren't the companies hard capped to 100 members? Even if the server populations increase, isn't it still going to be a problem when somebody transfers to a server and the company they wanted to join is already at 100 members and they can't actually participate in the guild system?

Or is the assumption that Companies will always be limited to 5% of the server population?

The server I'm playing on, we have 2 towns already bought up on day 1 because a WoW guild came in and created 4 companies to consolidate and buy up towns. I believe the 100-cap is permanent, yes.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Massive Companies outbuying all smaller companies so they don't have a fair shot at buying a town from the creators of amazon, love it.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Well, our east coast Goon server only has a 450 person queue tonight. Progress.

In the meantime, it's taking 8 minutes to move 11 spaces on my backup server.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

GODDAMN FOOL posted:

but I tell you what, our company made a killing cornering that market at 3gp per cartridge last night

People were paying that? I'm dumb as gently caress. On my backwater server I just need to sit at the auction place and buy up all the cheap ones and list them for more, lol.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

BadLlama posted:

Massive Companies outbuying all smaller companies so they don't have a fair shot at buying a town from the creators of amazon, love it.

:eyepop:

GODDAMN FOOL
Aug 23, 2005

DO NOT READ >>>

WarEternal posted:

People were paying that? I'm dumb as gently caress. On my backwater server I just need to sit at the auction place and buy up all the cheap ones and list them for more, lol.

We were trying to do that as a company, but someone else caught wind and started dumping 800 cartridges at a time to undercut us, and it became unmanageable.

Now, they're down to 0.30

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

BadLlama posted:

Yeah that sounds like a terrible premise for a game unless you're in the 1%

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Well I did 11 levels (4-15) between meetings today just banging out the main quest line. Time to not look at a computer for a while.

This poo poo was easier when I was younger goddamn

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Barreft posted:

I have no clue how they're going to balance this game. At all. Factions are already totally lopsided.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Barreft posted:

It's literally just how the territories are first allocated, they're fought over after the first 3 days.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Kaddish posted:

Can we all just remember when the guild leadership had a plan to reserve 10 slots for their friends, hosed that up, and kicked like 10 people so their friends could get in? Lol. That was fun.
Anyway, enjoy camping bears or whatever.

If you hadn't dropped the remarks you said and left the server crying and whining, you would have been reinstated right away, but you left and there was nothing we can do about it. We don't like goons that do that either that call out remarks we have prohibited on our rules, so it worked out well. o7

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Sep 30, 2021

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lol

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Skyl3lazer posted:

It's literally just how the territories are first allocated, they're fought over after the first 3 days.

So is everyone just a serf if they're not in a guild which owns places?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This game seems like it should have controller support.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Companies have the direct control over the settlements, but the chat includes both company and faction chat. On our server, us Marauders are, understandably, a disparate group of mercs in a ton of different guilds who are coordinating where to funnel and organizing several different groups together for attacks and defense.

By contrast, the Syndicate seems to be a couple very large companies from Beta that have organized all up front and, naturally, they are the biggest competition on the server for us. I have no clue what the Covenant is doing but they got one territory so far.

Both styles are possible and pretty fun. I'm enjoying it more than I did in Alpha with the XP changes making things less of a slog. I still don't know how they will hold people at end-game since holding territory isn't that significant in the grand scheme of things and PVP doesn't seem to have any downsides besides a respawn. I can see it being like BDO where I pop in a couple times a year, see how things are going, then immediately go back to my regular FFXIV time.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Hy_C posted:

I already did that, went shopping and bought Brightwood.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Barreft posted:

So is everyone just a serf if they're not in a guild which owns places?

not really, being in the guild that owns the settlement only provides a few perks, nothing game changing, it's like 30% discount, and cheaper transfers to the city...

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The perks that actually matter come from just being the same faction as the owning company. This game really is all about faction cooperation and owning a settlement is just having your banner fly on a settlement which obviously we must have.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Tempus Thales posted:

If you hadn't dropped racist remarks and left the server crying and whining, you would have been reinstated right away, but you left and there was nothing we can do about it. We don't like goons that do that either that call out racist remarks, so it worked out well. o7

I’m sorry, what the gently caress are you talking about? What racist remarks?

Edit - the avatar change is great, by the way. This is the consequence for getting pissed about petty bullshit, which I suppose is fair.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Sep 30, 2021

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

What's the endgame like? Especially if you aren't in a guild that owns anything? Googling and youtube hasn't helped much

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Barreft posted:

What's the endgame like? Especially if you aren't in a guild that owns anything? Googling and youtube hasn't helped much

What end game? they don't even have a pretty princess system.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Barreft posted:

So far it looks like pvp/wars/outpost rush. Though it was supposedly data mined that there was another dungeon or two that weren't in the betas. Those are assumed high level endgame stuff but No one has seen anything confirming it AFAIK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

BadLlama posted:

What end game? they don't even have a pretty princess system.

The system to reskin your armor and weapons is there, they're just only using it for premium skins, so :rip: