Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s absolutely believable lmao. I lost it when they reveal that her friend was filming it the whole time. The other woman is less believable and I’m really not sure where they’re going with her and also am not interested at all tbh

I suspect it might take a look at how other cultures treat/think/handle redeem abusive people who show remorse, but who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
Got 12 months free.

There doesn't really seem to be much on tv+ though...

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ted Lasso
For All Mankind
Mythic Quest
Little America
Home Before Dark
Servant
Dickinson
Trying
Central Park
Little Voice
Foundation
Physical
Mr. Corman

enjoy!!!!!!!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Also Calls.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Escobarbarian posted:

Ted Lasso
For All Mankind
Mythic Quest
Little America
Home Before Dark
Servant
Dickinson
Trying
Central Park
Little Voice
Foundation
Physical
Mr. Corman

enjoy!!!!!!!

I would add Schmigadoon! to that list. See is pretty decent too.

Oasx fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 29, 2021

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

'See' is... getting better. There's definitely way more Jonathan Tropper influence this season so at least it's dumb and fun now, even some of the best actors from 'Banshee' and 'Warrior' are showing up in it and being awesome (Hoon Lee and Olivia Cheng are great).

I think that's the key to it, it's worth watching just for the incredible hammy-ness of Momoa, The Witchfinder dude, Bautista and others having acting fun in a pretty silly world.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Oh Hoon Lee is in See now? Might have to actually catch up! I think I bailed around 2/3 into the first season. I never thought it was a bad show but at some point I just got distracted by other shows and never got around to finishing the season.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
That was a super sitcomy episode of Ted Lasso. Everything besides Dani being helped off the bus because of his shoes fell flat for me. And then they ran that joke into the ground too. I really hope they crush the season finale. If it remains the same level I'm probably just binge the final season instead of watching week to week. Decent show still, but it's definitely missing some of the magic of the first season.

Maybe asking for a multiseason show based on a 2 minute ESPN joke was too much.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

It was an entire NBC marketing campaign :argh:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Can't believe the sitcom had a sitcom episode.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Yeah, I'm not happy about it either. It was such a tight well written show the first season.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It was always a sitcom hth

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

It was always a sitcom hth

Yeah it was always a sitcom cum soap.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Watching the Mr. Corman finale before other new stuff because I’m visiting my mum who will want to watch Lasso etc with me and OH MY GOD this zoom date is sooooooo cringe

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Mr Corman is really good. Glad someone else is watching it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Adding Katie Aselton to the cast of the Morning Show and having her character be with Mark Duplass is giving me flashbacks to the League.

I didn’t realize they were married irl until after I watched the first episode of season 2.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Open Source Idiom posted:

Mr Corman is really good. Glad someone else is watching it.

Overall I liked it a bunch although it took a while for me to get into it. “Many Worlds” was by far my favourite episode and I hope if we get another season we get more eps like that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I'm starting to think that Nate is a bit of a poo poo.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
New episode of Ted Lasso might be my favorite of the season. Excited for the finale.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I wanna read Higgins’ play

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress YOU NATE AAAHHHHHH. I mean I totally get the “previous bully victim” arc and I can relate to a point but GOD what a piece of poo poo

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Re: Ted
I was Physically pained by the changing room scene and its inevitable conclusion. I just hate that trope.

Enjoyed the photoshoot scene honesty.

Not knowing what the letter said is kind of unsatisfying but I guess works as a sitcom beat that got us to the next thing.

The army man was entirely for the audience in a way that distracted me, and the Rebecca at the doorstep scene was literally pointless. Some odd beats in this one for sure.

What was the timeline on that final reveal? I remember a suspicious scene of Trent asking him about the food poisoning at the pub, but I thought that was before Ted told the coaching team the truth? Or are we to assume that this only just happened that very day?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

gently caress YOU NATE AAAHHHHHH. I mean I totally get the “previous bully victim” arc and I can relate to a point but GOD what a piece of poo poo

Haha, I was wondering if they were going to unveil it.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Ted lasso drop in quality is brutal.

I hope Roy ends up with the school teacher because Keely went from my favorite character to I don’t even know what. Annoying? I think annoying is the right word.

Speaking of Keely, remember last season when her and Ted would have fun good chats? be great if she and Ted actually talked, like ever?

The solider in the glass was a desperate call back to a better show.

The show is too stupid to get the Sam Rebekah thing still doesn’t work so now it’s just something I don’t even care about. They want us to feel like it matters and yikes.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Whoever is tying you up, holding your eyes open, and forcing you to watch this show you can’t stop complaining about is a real jerk!!!!!!

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Whoever is tying you up, holding your eyes open, and forcing you to watch this show you can’t stop complaining about is a real jerk!!!!!!

What a dumb point. Loved season 1. Guess that’s all they had in the tank.

And the game of thrones thread has a ton of people making GBS threads on the last season.

I’m hoping this show recovers, but holy poo poo does it not look good.

The ending didn’t even make loving sense. A journalist isn’t going to tell their source to the person the article is about.

LionArcher fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Oct 1, 2021

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You’re the Nate of this thread

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

LionArcher posted:

A journalist isn’t going to tell their source to the person the article is about.
I'm actually super curious about the ethics of this. Did Nate provide information on the condition of anonymity? Did he just ask Trent not to print it? Was it like when that dumb rich guy sent an unprompted email to a journalist prefacing "off the record" and not realising the other party has to agree to that first?

I mean it's just sports but did seem odd.

Blowing your source to build a relationship with someone higher up is probably a shrewd move though.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

LionArcher posted:

The ending didn’t even make loving sense. A journalist isn’t going to tell their source to the person the article is about.

Yes he did a bad thing because he really respects Ted, that was on-screen.

VagueRant posted:

I'm actually super curious about the ethics of this. Did Nate provide information on the condition of anonymity? Did he just ask Trent not to print it? Was it like when that dumb rich guy sent an unprompted email to a journalist prefacing "off the record" and not realising the other party has to agree to that first?

Don't know about legality in the UK but it is definitely unethical as poo poo and potentially criminal in some parts of the world. Protecting anonymous sources is journalism 101.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
The UK tabloid press and football have a complicated relationship. Being consistently ethical is not something either of them could be accused of.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Total Meatlove posted:

The UK tabloid press and football have a complicated relationship. Being consistently ethical is not something either of them could be accused of.

Season 3 villain Rupert Murdoch.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Once in a generation, there’s a manager who knows how to park the bus or use a false 9. It’s entirely reasonable that Nate wants credit for these revolutionary tactics

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I sort of wonder what Nate's plan here is. Discredit Ted so he returns to the USA and takes Heard with him, so he might be next in line before Roy due to seniority? Using these news to have an excuse to parachute out to work somewhere else? Either one sounds a bit stupid and ineffective, to be honest.

Maybe he just did it to throw a self destructive tantrum.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Don't really get the timeline of when he even made the tip to be honest, but maybe next episode will tell.

See how exciting it is when things actually happen people?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

cant cook creole bream posted:

Maybe he just did it to throw a self destructive tantrum.

Yeah, I think it was just this. Acting out because of his feelings of impotence and probably deflecting from his own self-hatred

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

MiddleOne posted:

Don't really get the timeline of when he even made the tip to be honest, but maybe next episode will tell.

I'd imagine at the beginning if the episode/day. No real incentive for the media to sit on that story. It's not like they would need to do independent investigative research for some gossip hit-piece.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
It's pretty heavily implied he did it after kissing Keely. He spit on the mirror and made a power play. Just like in the restaurant.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

I'd imagine at the beginning if the episode/day. No real incentive for the media to sit on that story. It's not like they would need to do independent investigative research for some gossip hit-piece.

On the contrary, this is exactly the kind of story they would double check to be sure it's not smear. Yellow papers love dirt, but they don't like being part of someone else's play (unless it's juicy enough).

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Robobot posted:

It's pretty heavily implied he did it after kissing Keely. He spit on the mirror and made a power play. Just like in the restaurant.

Oh yes, you're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Re Nate: I have to believe we are heading to a redemptive arc involving Nate and Beard, right? e: Also, I'm guessing Nate going grey over the course of the season will have some sort of narrative impact