Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Outside of the comic presumably, during previous nights' conversation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Unlucky7 posted:

I am confused. Tessa mentioned a 'Forgetting Thing' that Goops told her about? When was this?

It presumably happened off-screen. We've only seen the first conversation they had, and the one they're having now; they've probably had more conversations in between.

ronya posted:

Prediction: I don't think Tessa is going to the dark side so easily - "all my friends have been killed, I'm insane now, so I work for the murderer" is just too tired as an idea. Goops as immensely powerful and petty but maybe not very bright fits in with previous characterization.

If that's where things are going, I think Cagle's laid the work in getting us from point A to point B. Tessa's gone from being someone powerful and important to being just another high-schooler, and we've seen exactly how poorly she's handling the change. Now, here's someone telling her she matters again. And you'd think having killed her friends would get in the way of that, but Tessa's anger here remains unexpressed - it comes through in her body language, but she's not yet said anything about it.

Which makes sense: Tessa still spends all her time at the graveyard, refusing to move on. Her line to Undyne speaks volumes: "Here to see the girls?" She can't get angry at Goops about having killed her friends, because to do that, she'd first have to admit that they're gone.

Maybe it's coming - maybe next page is her big breakthrough. But she's just kept doubling down so far - pushing Rue away, ignoring that invite to karaoke, etc. A tailspin like that is pretty hard to pull yourself out of.

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
Tessa had a previous conversation with Goops which hasn't yet been fully revealed to the audience; we saw a bit of it in a flashback a couple of pages ago.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I can actually see Goops legit having a plan for Tessa. Her attacks on Undine and treatment there could be because she was the one major survivor, and to help drive a wedge.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

The "forgetting thing" is probably related to Anemone's conversation. You can't talk about the Mysterious Girl (statue or otherwise) without going blank about it and she weaponized it to make her escape; it seemed to frazzle Tessa enough that she had trouble remembering the goop stuff she mentioned before that.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I’ve always felt that Tessa is important to goops, if anything just because her powers were so incredibly OP

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

Unlucky7 posted:

I am confused. Tessa mentioned a 'Forgetting Thing' that Goops told her about? When was this?

Insidious, isn't it?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Twibbit posted:

I can actually see Goops legit having a plan for Tessa. Her attacks on Undine and treatment there could be because she was the one major survivor, and to help drive a wedge.

It might also be the case that killing Undine will free up the power Tessa gave her in some way that Goops needs for future plans? :shrug: Like she's cultivating Tessa for whatever plan she has and killing Undine is an important side objective but not something immediately necessary hence why she hasn't sent another elevator monster to specifically focus down Undine just yet.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
That makes a lot of sense and I hate it lol

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
The mouth-burger was sent to take her down though, it was designed to counter HP's punch powers and if Undine hadn't managed the water-cutter move for the first time it would have eaten her pretty easily as well.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

GodFish posted:

The mouth-burger was sent to take her down though, it was designed to counter HP's punch powers and if Undine hadn't managed the water-cutter move for the first time it would have eaten her pretty easily as well.

Debatable really. The capabilities of Mouth-burger make it more a counter to HP than it would be for Undine. Waterbender herself would fold to the same combo Cassidy succumbed too, however goops does say that Undine was "right on time" so yes this could be an elaborate trap for her at the time. But the fact that she hasn't tried such another powerful monster combo to take down Undine let's me think that either she has a days long cooldown on creating these boss monsters, or targeting Undine specifically isn't something she's hard pressed to do at the moment.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

If that's where things are going, I think Cagle's laid the work in getting us from point A to point B. Tessa's gone from being someone powerful and important to being just another high-schooler, and we've seen exactly how poorly she's handling the change. Now, here's someone telling her she matters again. And you'd think having killed her friends would get in the way of that, but Tessa's anger here remains unexpressed - it comes through in her body language, but she's not yet said anything about it.

Which makes sense: Tessa still spends all her time at the graveyard, refusing to move on. Her line to Undyne speaks volumes: "Here to see the girls?" She can't get angry at Goops about having killed her friends, because to do that, she'd first have to admit that they're gone.

Maybe it's coming - maybe next page is her big breakthrough. But she's just kept doubling down so far - pushing Rue away, ignoring that invite to karaoke, etc. A tailspin like that is pretty hard to pull yourself out of.

I don't feel like we're ever shown Tessa as having a generic desire to be better than normal. She did want to be queen bee amongst her friends - in the pre-power scene, she is sitting above the other four - but we are never shown her claiming influence or power or recognition outside that peer group

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Eh she didn’t really need to, she was mad famous probably second only to HP

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/SleeplessDomain/status/1441620136268423179

:smith:

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
:ohdear:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Everything's going great.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Man, I know some of that feel.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Welp I actually have been super down recently because for whatever reason September is always a bad month for me, and I probably should have heeded that content warning.

That aside… well goddamnit :(

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

:ohdear:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Aw, poo poo. C'mon Tessa, pull up, PULL UP! :pray:

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgkD1scIkKw

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

I don’t think it was during a conversation with her, specifically, but there’s been a lot of weird poo poo where the girls can’t remember certain things. One example is during a conversation Tessa had with Anemone about the Founder in the graveyard, and another is when Bud and Harley saw the weirdness going on at the barrier. Something, or someone, causes people to just blank out specific things, and Goops is aware of that (but unlikely to be the cause?).

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Read this again because I forgot how the latest chapter was going.

They're going to be taking her down with the Halloween decorations, aren't they :ohdear:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

https://twitter.com/SleeplessDomain/status/1443466607959891973?s=19

Goops' eye is still hosed, so the damage done was more severe than I assumed.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
This is going to be very, very bad. :ohdear:

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
That look of peaceful despair.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

nimby posted:

https://twitter.com/SleeplessDomain/status/1443466607959891973?s=19

Goops' eye is still hosed, so the damage done was more severe than I assumed.

oh no

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Yeah, Cass got a very good shot in before going out. Good for her.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Tessa sees this and immediately goes back inside

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Strong evidence for Goop controlling/being the barrier.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Wittgen posted:

Strong evidence for Goop controlling/being the barrier.

We've known people can open the barrier from the inside and that if you don't close it off the barrier won't reform around it, so I don't think this necessarily changes anything about Goop Barrier theories

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Well, rip.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Don't think things will be peaceful

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It’d be super anti-climatic if Tessa just got killed. She has no powers, so there’s no immediate threat to Goops.

“At last, I have killed a defenseless, depressed teenager.”

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Being kidnapped and then used as a lure to hurt others before being killed seems possible? We still don't know what Goops actuallly wants, but she seems pretty down with seizing opportunities to gently caress people over.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GlyphGryph posted:

Being kidnapped and then used as a lure to hurt others before being killed seems possible? We still don't know what Goops actuallly wants, but she seems pretty down with seizing opportunities to gently caress people over.

power transfer. we've seen it... twice now? it's obvious there's more to the magical girl power than what's been stated in terms of it being given (and taken). Tessa was a VERY powerful conduit to said power. Goop obviously wants in on that.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Everything is going to be ok. :ohdear:

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

If I'm reading it right, the code reads NO NO NO NO.

:smith:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Everything's going great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Possession of some kind, maybe?