Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(jump to votecount)

In the interest of advancing scientific knowledge, and to promote academic tourism, Petty Queen Jelena II of Kirane ordered the creation of an "Katalogos Biologikos" - an illuminated guide to the unique flora and fauna of the island. Artists and natural philosophers from across the Imperia traveled to Kirane, recording mighty sharks, fragrant flowers, elegant kingfishers, and mushrooms as toxic as they were beautiful. Though, for this story, the only entry that mattered concerned fruit growing outside the village of Portokalia. These yellow, sour fruits were difficult to eat on their own, but the villagers would roast them with vegetables and fish to give their meals a tangy flavor.
The scientist recording these fruits, Daria Limona, named them after herself, and brought samples of these "lemons" back to the mainland to show off at a dinner party. One of her guests, Doctor Gilda meg-Padraig, had been studying the effects of long-term malnutrition on sailors, and suspected that the sourness of these lemons could be from an excess of ascorbic acid. She spent the next year giving lemons to her contacts in the Imperial Navy and observing the effects. It became very clear very quickly that a cup of lemon juice a day prevented a wide range of illness, and soon Portokalia was abuzz with their new treasure.
The village itself wasn't anything special: a few dozen people on a warm, craggy coast. On any given day the women would be at sea spearfishing while the men tended to the duties of home and field. But the promise that these wild fruit trees may some day soon have great value changed things. Suddenly people were suspicious of each other; where once they shared generously, now they began to hoard. Whoever was lucky enough to have lemon trees on their land began to fence them in and guard them jealously. Wild trees were dug up by families with burly men, and then stolen by families with sneaky women. As happens so often in these kinds of stories, eventually someone wound up dead. Now the villagers gathered in the town square filled with the dread that comes from knowing a close friend is secretly a violent killer...

Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a 15 player closed-setup game. It is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix minor things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be reasonable about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter.

Please post every day. If you haven't posted for a while, I'll prod you with a PM. If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included.

Every game day will have a deadline. If a majority vote has not been reached by then, the day will end with no execution. Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it's floating.

To sign up, say whether you want to play or be a replacement, and whether or not you have PMs. If you don't have PMs, include your email. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. I only check my email once a week, so if you don't have Platinum you should really consider getting it! Additionally, if you live outside of North America, please include your time zone!

If you are living with, or otherwise have regular OOT contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Here we go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c:

Current Phase: N / A
:h: N / A
:d: N / A

1) b-minus1
2) Deadbeat Dad
3) George Kansas Bifauxnen
4) Hal Insandenza
5) Maerlyn
6) merk
7) Mr. Humalong
8) Nep-nep
9) Pinterest Mom
10) PlasticAutomaton
11) SalTheBard
12) Sandwolf
13) Shellception
14) t a s t e
15) Toalpaz

Night 0: Illandir, Fisherman (town-aligned), died.
Day 1: The town failed to execute anyone this day.
Night 1: Sandwolf, Fueller (town-aligned), died.
Day 2: SalTheBard, Baroness (scum-aligned), executed.
Night 2: Bifauxnen, Blacksmith (town-aligned), died.
Day 3: b-minus1, Farmer (scum-aligned), executed.
Night 3: Nobody died this night! How interesting!
Day 4: PlasticAutomaton, Veteran (scum-aligned), executed.
Night 4: Maerlyn, Cook (town-aligned), died.
Day 5: Nep-Nep, Miner (scum-aligned), executed.

🍋
GAME OVER
TOWN VICTORY

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 24, 2021

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I will play

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Toalpaz posted:

I will play

Three mafia games at the same time? That's madness. Let's do it!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Heck yes

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
i'm signing up for this with the explicit guarantee that i will be active because 1) this is the perfect size for a mafia game and 2) there should be nothing in my life coming up causing me to have the same issues as last game

actually why am i defending myself i was town mvp last game

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I will come out of semi retirement and play

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

filling up fast

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I will wait a week from opening before declaring this game a............. lemon.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

That leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Aw, come on people, a game which has both a Pinterest Mom and a Deadbeat Dad has to be at least interesting to see. Familial issues!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’ll play

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'll play.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:regd13:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I have considerable real-life contact with b minus, but he doesn’t know who I am online so it should be ok

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
That’s creepy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Shellception posted:

Aw, come on people, a game which has both a Pinterest Mom and a Deadbeat Dad has to be at least interesting to see. Familial issues!

Yeah this game is loaded with quality folks, you won’t want to miss it

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’ll play. All of the links in the OP are dead, btw.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I only sign up to see what ways ecco can alter my name in the player list.

Ecco if it fills up and you get more than needed make me a replacement otherwise I am here for you as always. I will be in Guam in a super weird timezone for a week but at this rate this should only be for the very start of the game anyway

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

I’ll play. All of the links in the OP are dead, btw.

I am afraid it may be you who is dead, the links work fine!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Hal Insandenza posted:

It says this when I try to access the wiki: the connection is not private and attackers may be trying to steal my data :tinfoil::tinfoil:

##vote Hal he is trying to lull us into coming to bad places :tinfoil:

(certs on the wiki have been doing weird poo poo for a while, not sure why)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Shellception posted:

It says this when I try to access the wiki: the connection is not private and attackers may be trying to steal my data :tinfoil::tinfoil:

##vote Hal he is trying to lull us into coming to bad places :tinfoil:

(certs on the wiki have been doing weird poo poo for a while, not sure why)

Dangerous is not dead!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Hal Insandenza posted:

Dangerous is not dead!

It might as well, I can't access anything from my phone because Chrome thinks I am too dumb to be trusted with the "actually the site is fine you stupid app" button.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I messaged the site administrator and she said she'll try to get around to it this weekend.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Another Ecco game!? I can't pass it up

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hal Insandenza posted:

real loose definition of "work" there

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I would like to play with this quality group.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Wait I get to murder Sal? I'm in for some trust exercises? (We talk on discord.) I'll grab PMs this weekend.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
It is time for me to rise from my long slumber and be a complete mess

edit: I do have pms

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Okay I do have PMs they just keep turning themselves off constantly :psyduck: I'll have to go get some troubleshooting help for this but it should work.

Edit: I fixed the problem. Just me being incredibly dumb. PMs now work!

PlasticAutomaton fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Oct 2, 2021

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

EccoRaven posted:

I messaged the site administrator and she said she'll try to get around to it this weekend.

Go site admin! Fixed now!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Looks like we're full, now we wait for Ecco to write the PMs.

See you next month.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Indeed, I am busy with a family wedding this weekend, but expect PMs by the end of the week. I'm shooting for Thursday but no promises.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You’re not supposed to marry relatives, you bumpkin

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Marrying an entire family at once sounds illegal

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

tag yourself i'm halvert?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

To Al,

Paz

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

im b-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

You are forums Mafia Superstar Toalpaz