Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Charles 1998 posted:

You treat the scoreboard as the holy word on a player's contribution to the game? I'm starting to see why people think snipers are bad...

Link your stats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Charles 1998 posted:

You treat the scoreboard as the holy word on a player's contribution to the game? I'm starting to see why people think snipers are bad...

It's the only metric available. Points are awarded for actions that benefit the team; more points mean more positive actions, which means a higher probability of winning.

I would love to see a scoreboard where the winning team has far less points than the losing team.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

jisforjosh posted:

Link your stats

Don’t dox me

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Born in Bexhill posted:

the sniper’s creed

How long can thread titles be?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
Battlefield: A Sniper's Creed: Vahilla

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

A good poster can lock down half the enemy team in the chat. When will dice add points for shitposting?!

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Philman posted:

A good poster can lock down half the enemy team in the chat. When will dice add points for shitposting?!

This is 100% true, a good poo poo poster in chat will derail and affect the outcome of the game more than some bushwookie

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Target Practice posted:

Points are awarded for actions that benefit the team; more points mean more positive actions, which means a higher probability of winning.

I would love to see a scoreboard where the winning team has far less points than the losing team.

You just described a difference between two teams, not two players.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Charles 1998 posted:

Stop with your stupid bit please

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I like landing the jet at the enemy base

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Just stop engaging him :shrug:

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Wednesdays gonna be fun

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

RCarr posted:

Stop with your stupid bit please

I'm waiting for everyone else to stop theirs.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Sab669 posted:

Just stop engaging him :shrug:

Just like a worthless sniper they are incredibly easy to just ignore

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Start every round by typing “I’m gay” in chat and see where it takes you.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

VulgarandStupid posted:

Just running the LGBT tag in BFV automatically starts poo poo without any effort, not that I can even use chat in that loving game :dice:

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I play on southeast Asia servers that often cross pollinate with Oceania servers due to low player base and acceptable ping, and maybe every other game there are at least 5 people on each side engaged in a pro/anti China rage fest complete with all the racism and swearing and trolling you would expect, typically in 2 languages too, but I've seen maybe 4 at once? All typed in English characters (so some phonetically).

It is honestly kind of incredible.

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 3, 2021

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

VulgarandStupid posted:

In Chivalry 2, there is this arena map that was a meat grinder and would only last 4 minutes before the map change. Compared to the other maps which last half an hour. At the end of the round, I would always say "Wow, that lasted as long as the Confederacy." and chat would just erupt.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

I play on southeast Asia servers that often cross pollinate with Oceania servers due to low player base and acceptable ping, and maybe every other game there are at least 5 people on each side engaged in a pro/anti China rage fest complete with all the racism and swearing and trolling you would expect, typically in 2 languages too, but I've seen maybe 4 at once? All typed in English characters (so some phonetically).

It is honestly kind of incredible.

"Taiwan #1" is something that's been making the rounds lately. As indicated though, LGBT and ACAB tags passively start poo poo in amazing ways.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Holy poo poo I had no idea you could just slap mines on a jeep and crash into tanks

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Chronojam posted:

"Taiwan #1" is something that's been making the rounds lately. As indicated though, LGBT and ACAB tags passively start poo poo in amazing ways.

At one point there was a game -- I want to say it was one of the MOBAs -- that would autoban in the Asia datacenter for saying that the Liancourt Rocks belong to Korea.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Charles 1998 posted:

In Chivalry 2, there is this arena map that was a meat grinder and would only last 4 minutes before the map change. Compared to the other maps which last half an hour. At the end of the round, I would always say "Wow, that lasted as long as the Confederacy." and chat would just erupt.

“I’m gay” got me a lot of mileage in Chiv 2 as well. Too bad it’s a dead game already and won’t survive to steam launch.

So did “Imagine telling your parents you play archer,” which I’ll probably adopt into “Imagine telling your parents you play sniper” for Battlefield.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I have to say I’m more interested in playing the older maps with updated graphics than i am with the base 2042 game

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Wednesdays gonna be fun

Yeah!

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Inspector Hound posted:

Holy poo poo I had no idea you could just slap mines on a jeep and crash into tanks

...welcome to Jihad Jeeping, it's been around for a while? :v:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Magni posted:

I've always used c4, so I'd have to either switch seats at the last second or try to dive out and detonate before the tank killed me, just crashing into them is going to be easy money

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Magni posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18YLzyK-Kbs

This classic was what first introduced me to the concept :) I suspect it was a thing long before then, though.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Inspector Hound posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c_TL1-_RT0

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
What's up with this weird Arabic text?

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-2042

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Zavod 311, best map

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

*chefs kiss*

Fishy Flip
Jan 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

If I switch the website from the US to the UK version, the text just says "Open Beta". So I think the US site is just displaying an image from the wrong region.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Magni posted:

This is not the jihad jeeping that I’m familiar with. It’s always been bailing out of a jeep before it runs up a tanks rear end with a few C4s on the hood when I’ve seen/done it.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I really want to see an entire server of jihad jeep only. 128 players jihad jeeping.

Or 64 players jihad jeeping, and the other 64 players having to make it across the map with armor.

DICE dont gently caress up sandbox mode.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I really want to see an entire server of jihad jeep only. 128 players jihad jeeping.

Or 64 players jihad jeeping, and the other 64 players having to make it across the map with armor.

I said something like this when the Battlefield Portal thingamajig was announced :v: No vehicles except jeeps + C4, Rockets, Grenades and Mines only.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

I’m ready for 128 player metro jihad atvs vs bf3 frag round auto shotguns

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Is a preload for the beta or we just gonna download like animals when it comes out?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think preload is on 10/5

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

North German Plain 1985. Hordes of Warsaw Pact tanks trying to get past stone village after stone village garrisoned with ATGM-wielding infantry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Sab669 posted:

I said something like this when the Battlefield Portal thingamajig was announced :v: No vehicles except jeeps + C4, Rockets, Grenades and Mines only.

I'd like an addendum to this, each side gets one tank with no ammo, objective is to destroy the enemy tank