Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Maerlyn posted:

The guardian angel that killed the towniest player in the game. Why you didn't shoot me or Merk makes zero sense if you are town.

I claimed serial kill god dang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Merk still hasn't claimed.

Scum have the item from last night's artifact search.

You know he has the free jug and is going to make it 2/2 tomorrow morning.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

It's still hilarious that town has been spoon read information by scums all game.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mae, serial killer wins when everyone is dead.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

merk posted:

If there’s four total scum and a SK, this move loses is the game. That seems not realistic though?

That seems high for the amount of players. It would explain why Shell, binus and PI seemed to think there are 3 scum still alive.

Have you been pretending to be a survivor this whole time (since D1) since your play has seemed like it at times or are you just being coy again?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Toalpaz posted:

I claimed serial kill god dang

I didn't know that was a legit claim, lol.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Maerlyn posted:

That seems high for the amount of players. It would explain why Shell, binus and PI seemed to think there are 3 scum still alive.

Have you been pretending to be a survivor this whole time (since D1) since your play has seemed like it at times or are you just being coy again?

If you're actually town unvote and let's talk it out.

##vote Merk

There are 7 players now.
Kill me there are six.

Scum jugg and nk, there are 4 tomorrow and they win with 2 players.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Maerlyn posted:

No, I came up with the survivor thing last night and then remembered the 'win condition' post I made. I was actually on vacation so did not post much.

My full claim is xenophobe, pacifist, materialist. My personality is that I can become a PGO whenever I want (not an action). I chose to do this n2.

N1 I did nothing.
N2 I hunted for artifacts (became PGO; received ethics cop).
N3 I ethics copped Shell.
N4 I tried to hunt for artifacts (roleblocked).

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

If you're actually town unvote and let's talk it out.

##vote Merk

There are 7 players now.
Kill me there are six.

Scum jugg and nk, there are 4 tomorrow and they win with 2 players.

Not eliminating you right now requires: 1) you to be telling the truth about your claim; and 2) the scum to have two nightkills. At least one of those is just not correct, maybe both.

I'm not unvoting Toal. This is where my vote is today. Game strategywise, this is the right vote to make regardless of whether you believe their claim or think someone else is a stronger scum candidate. Toal claimed a mutually exclusive win condition to the town and the math says this is our last day to eliminate him without entering into a terrible prisoners dilemma scum, SK, town situation where town are at the mercy of scum/SK to win.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I also have a roleblock now, so there's a chance I can block a kill tonight. I GUESS there's an argument to eliminate not Toal and have me roleblock them, but that seems really dumb.

I'm voting Toal. Not moving.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Shell full claimed in masonry to grandi which provided the ethic cop information.

The only reason why Yami would be nkilled by scum team in that situation is because they knew the masonry wasn't watching them, and they knew Yami's power was very pro town.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Shell full claimed in masonry to grandi which provided the ethic cop information.

The only reason why Yami would be nkilled by scum team in that situation is because they knew the masonry wasn't watching them, and they knew Yami's power was very pro town.

Grandicap provides all that info

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Toal is grasping at straws that don’t even make sense. I have some jugg artifact from last night even though Maerlyn blocked me and I couldn’t even hunt for artifacts and no one knows what the artifact even does?

Let’s just end this day.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

The jugg is a built into the game ethic that any scum team member could have picked up lol

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

In fact grandicap could easily be a fanatic militarist with a jug. He already claimed a BP pop.

At any time Merk could have shifted to it for 2 juggs

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

U kill me there are 6 players left.

Grandicap OR Merk are scum with a jugg?

Two kills, only 2 against 2 and scum win.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

You all have 2 days to make a decision and not sleep walk to your loss. Take your time at least.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
Am I right in thinking a jugg is just a way to make the existing nk unblockable? Not a totally separate kill?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Am I right in thinking a jugg is just a way to make the existing nk unblockable? Not a totally separate kill?

Just ask your mod

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Oh snap scum only have one kill. That's all folks. ##vote Toal

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Welp :redhammer:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

drat y’all didn’t even make it to my second flight

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

code:
incoming news bulletin…
News from the Erissu front has just reached us here in the studio and the images coming in are shocking. Following the recent revaluations that the Erissu Hivemind was behind the recent destruction of the Drull’Perfen Tranquil Foundation retaliation by the galactic community was swift and violent. Now these recent images illustrate the extent of the atrocities committed by Erissu drones. It is estimated that up to 80% of the Drull’Perfen population has been consumed for sustenance, while leaving the survivors with permanent physical and mental scars. Only time will tell if…

code:
bulletin interrupted…
Toalpaz, Erissu Devourers (Serial Killer-aligned) has been destroyed Day 5.

quote:

Erissu Devourers, Serial Killer-aligned.

You are a ravenous hive mind, hell bent on consuming all organic life in the galaxy. Your empire is composed of organic pops.

You win when all other empires have been devoured or destroyed.

Beginning Ethos
Gestalt Conciousness: Your empire is controlled by a collective intelligence. All inhabitants of your empire are simply drones of the central hivemind, giving you internal surveillance capabilities that are the envy of authoritarian regimes across the galaxy.

Current abilities: Permanent passive watch.

Personality
Devouring Swarm: Your empire is only interested in the consumption of all organic life. Once per night you may target another empire to consume. Each empire devoured makes you larger and much harder to kill, granting you one charge of bulletproof. After each successful kill you will spend the following night gorging and will be unable to target another empire. You cannot devour synthetic empires.

It is now Night 5.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Toalpaz (4): merk, merk, Grandicap, Maerlyn, merk, merk, merk, Toalpaz
Maerlyn (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz
merk (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Toalpaz

Not Voting (3): b-minus1, Hal Insandenza, PERPETUAL IDIOT

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 05th, 2021 at 3 p.m. GMT -- that's in about 1 day, 21 hours.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

code:
receiving intelligence report…

high levels of psionic activity detected…
analysis indicates empire boundaries unchanged…
levels of em disruption unchanged…

end report…
No one died Night 5.

It is now Day 6.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (6): b-minus1, Grandicap, Hal Insandenza, Maerlyn, merk, PERPETUAL IDIOT

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 06th, 2021 at 5 p.m. GMT -- that's in about 2 days, 4 hours.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I roleblocked Grandicap. His enter the day post on Toal yesterday looked like scum who isn’t sure whether he caught a town vig or a SK.

Anyone lose a BP? If not, my vote is going on Grandicap.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Grandicap posted:

I'd like to hear from Toalp, because they are the player who visited shell last night. And they claimed gestalt, so how did they get a killing action? Or a visiting action at all.

This isn't adding up.

“This isn’t adding up” is not something town posts.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

merk posted:

I roleblocked Grandicap. His enter the day post on Toal yesterday looked like scum who isn’t sure whether he caught a town vig or a SK.

Anyone lose a BP? If not, my vote is going on Grandicap.

Do you think toal was telling the truth about the shell kill n4? I think it seems reasonable that scum missed the kill, and without more discussion of what happened, the only possibility we know right now for a missed kill was grandi jailing me. Maybe with more discussion we can figure out something else but for now our best guess is he stopped the nk on night 4.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Do you think toal was telling the truth about the shell kill n4? I think it seems reasonable that scum missed the kill, and without more discussion of what happened, the only possibility we know right now for a missed kill was grandi jailing me. Maybe with more discussion we can figure out something else but for now our best guess is he stopped the nk on night 4.

Huh? Didn’t Grandi watch Shell n4?

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

merk posted:

Huh? Didn’t Grandi watch Shell n4?

The masonry (who at that point I guess was grandi and shell going into the night) jailed me as its own action. I guess shell had to agree too.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

The masonry (who at that point I guess was grandi and shell going into the night) jailed me as its own action. I guess shell had to agree too.

And just to say it again, I can't confirm I was jailed specifically, but I can confirm I was blocked from using a night action that night.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Oh, ok. Scum could’ve also targeted Shell for the kill.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

merk posted:

“This isn’t adding up” is not something town posts.

At the start of the day killing Shell didn't make any sense, after Toal dropped the SK claim though I can see why they would. Shell wasn't going to be voted out anytime soon so it was their chance to remove someone with a lot of town credit from the board and get closer to their win condition, the rest of us would pick each other apart. Also being in a masonry with Shell he might wonder why he wasn't the target instead.

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

What are you asking, was Toal telling the truth about killing Shell? They were watched doing it.

With scum missing another kill if we misexecute here is the next day LYLO? I'm assuming 4 town/2 scum.

PI did you use any actions last night?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If I saw Toal kill Shell after claiming they had no action, it’s an immediate vote.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Maerlyn posted:

At the start of the day killing Shell didn't make any sense, after Toal dropped the SK claim though I can see why they would. Shell wasn't going to be voted out anytime soon so it was their chance to remove someone with a lot of town credit from the board and get closer to their win condition, the rest of us would pick each other apart. Also being in a masonry with Shell he might wonder why he wasn't the target instead.

What are you asking, was Toal telling the truth about killing Shell? They were watched doing it.

With scum missing another kill if we misexecute here is the next day LYLO? I'm assuming 4 town/2 scum.

PI did you use any actions last night?

I roleblocked you last night, maer.

And yeah, I forgot that grandi watched shell, if grandi's telling the truth about that then it seems likely the kill was stopped and not just toal and scum both tried to kill shell.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I have a meeting so I'm posting fast but I used my busdrive on PI and Grandi which was successful, so I was not roleblocked. I'll explain more later but I thought Grandi was going to be the NK target.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
So I blocked PI?

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

merk posted:

So I blocked PI?

Couldn't have, my rb succeeded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Couldn't have, my rb succeeded.

Or you're lying, or Merk. I really don't know. I'm not sure why I should trust Merk either considering he dangled a survivor claim for a minute and floated the idea of not voting Toal which is contrary to his win condition if he's town as he says (unless he's just playing with his food).

I do know last night scum was blocked again and I roleblocked merk but he claimed to go artifact hunting, but if I blocked you how did you get an artifact (unless I misunderstood you?)

I have asked OA about RBing artifact hunts just because I wanted to gently caress with binus but never did, he suggested it was blockable. So do you have an artifact Merk because that shouldn't even be possible.