Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i can't imagine the massive balls it takes to publishing that after the aftermath of the panama papers. no way in hell would i have had that kind of courage. massive props

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
those fuckers

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Fame Douglas posted:

Investing in car bomb futures right now.

i forget where i read this but one was used to assassinate someone

step 1, consistently park bicycle on known route which is thoroughly searched repeatedly by safety krew

step 2, repack bike bag with copper plate and explosives

step 3, explosives go off with remote detonator liquefying the copper into an armor piercing device like an RPG(?)

profit?

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i've been suspecting for a while now that deep down, centrists are the sort of people who would most prefer a one-party state.

centrists are right wingers without conviction

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i've been suspecting for a while now that deep down, centrists are the sort of people who would most prefer a one-party state.

Blinkz0rz posted:

centrists are right wingers without conviction

imo centrists are right wingers who have some way that they personally benefit from a left wing policy. they just want to add that one specific thing to what is still entirely a chud platform. like they have a mexican wife or their hunting club is on prime oil development land or something.

it's never about empathy or anything, just "well i like everything about the republicans except this one way they still treat me like poo poo, so i'm a centrist"

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 4, 2021

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/MayadeenEnglish/status/1444384187016880136

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

lol jfc

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Sagebrush posted:

imo centrists are right wingers who have some way that they personally benefit from a left wing policy. they just want to add that one specific thing to what is still entirely a chud platform. like they have a mexican wife or their hunting club is on prime oil development land or something.

it's never about empathy or anything, just "well i like everything about the republicans except this one way they still treat me like poo poo, so i'm a centrist"

loving libertarians and weed

okay you can smoke and bare arms, is that it?

no thought for other people, just stoned and armed to the teeth?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

they did joanie so dirty :(

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

yes.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

if you’re a libertarian you either don’t understand externalities or you don’t care about them.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

President Beep posted:

if you’re a libertarian you either don’t understand externalities or you don’t care about them.

its both actually

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

mediaphage posted:

its both actually

:hmmyes:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
late but my partner's cousin is in the hospital with covid right now

she's not in the icu though and she's only mid-30s without comorbidities so we're assuming she'll be fine

she was unvaxxed. she's not an anti-vaxxer she just hadn't got around to it yet :negative:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

loving libertarians and weed

okay you can smoke and bare arms, is that it?

hey now they also tend to have strong opinions about the government's overreach of age of consent laws

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cold on a Cob posted:

she was unvaxxed. she's not an anti-vaxxer she just hadn't got around to it yet :negative:

:thunk:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

remember when rand paul got beat up by his neighbor?

hope that dude is doing okay.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

hey now they also tend to have strong opinions about the government's overreach of age of consent laws

forget about that

fremen on the playground

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Cold on a Cob posted:

late but my partner's cousin is in the hospital with covid right now

she's not in the icu though and she's only mid-30s without comorbidities so we're assuming she'll be fine

you're in canada right? so at least up there it's still a little bit of a chore to get a vaccine i've heard

in america you can literally just walk into a walmart pharmacy any time and get a vaccine for free in 15 minutes so "haven't gotten around to it yet" is morally equivalent to antivaxx imo.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

forget about that

fremen on the playground

i am the human ::pAUL:; of the house ::aTRIEDES:;

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Sagebrush posted:

you're in canada right? so at least up there it's still a little bit of a chore to get a vaccine i've heard

in america you can literally just walk into a walmart pharmacy any time and get a vaccine for free in 15 minutes so "haven't gotten around to it yet" is morally equivalent to antivaxx imo.

yeah early on it was annoying especially given she's under 40 so she had to wait, but for the last month at least you could just go to a pharmacy afaik

i mean her goddamn mom works at shopper's drug mart, lol. she's just an idiot.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Cold on a Cob posted:

yeah early on it was annoying especially given she's under 40 so she had to wait, but for the last month at least you could just go to a pharmacy afaik

i mean her goddamn mom works at shopper's drug mart, lol. she's just an idiot.

yeah imo anyone in canada who is willingly unvaccinated is doing it out of choice / laziness. it’s everywhere now and has been for god. weeks? months?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
yeah it's mind boggling. cousin is not a chud and claims to not be an antivaxxer, and yet their Filipino family in the usa are like 50% chuds and every single one of them are vaccinated

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

President Beep posted:

One of my close friends went down the Ron Paul rabbit hole for a number of years (it started around his 08 run) and I sorta was into it for a while too, but my politics went way more to the left with college where he sorta stayed in that extremely-online-libertarian bubble for a while. At some point I started challenging him on some of his points in discussion and he kinda boiled his beliefs down to "basically there should be a strong social safety net with healthcare and education, and we should be taxing the wealthy, and reducing military spending, but I'm still a libertarian because drugs shouldn't be illegal and the government shouldn't be regulating personal choices."

He's a big ol anti-capitalist lefty now but I thought it was pretty lol at the time. I think his information bubble at the time just made it so he didn't have the language to express his beliefs and/or had so much negative news about THE DEMOCRAT PARTY that he couldn't imagine going left on politics.

Also:
https://www.vice.com/en/article/qj873p/facebook-whistleblower-says-company-chooses-profits-over-safety-all-the-time
Ted Cruz was actually talking poo poo on FB in the senate hearings this week for this stuff (and not just the crocodile tear "conservative silencing" poo poo) so maybe this will go somewhere. :shrug:

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
tore down some antivax flyers stapled to telephone poles today on my walk

feels good.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
ty for your service :patriot:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

ultravoices posted:

feels good.

why do you need them?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ultravoices posted:

feels good.

i saw some dude walking down the sidewalk yesterday wearing a Q hoodie.

fake edit: my monitor was on, tyvm.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

you walk around carrying your monitor?

I admire your commitment to posting.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

ultravoices posted:

feels good.

oh that reminds me. there's a guy a block from me who always has a collage of paranoid 9/11 INSIDE JOB type posters prominently displayed. it's just been a part of this neighborhood for as long as i've lived here. recently he predictably started putting up ARREST FAUCI COVID IS A HOAX garbage and this weekend i noticed a shitload of his windows were broken. interesting how everyone here was willing to tolerate him until he started pulling poo poo that was actually getting people killed. i'm sure he'll walk away with the exact opposite opinion

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

there's a weirdo around here who does sidewalk stencils with "google covid conspiracy" and "vaccines cause autism" and painting over blm stencils and lately he's just resorted to "liberals are f*gs" which doesn't last long in downtown sf I think he's running out of ideas

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
i think it's the same chud who puts up victims of communism rally posters in their shop window and various other bootlick the police notices.

it's not a very popular opinion here.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

SmokaDustbowl posted:

reporters are always shooting themselves in the back of the head and then zipping themselves into duffelbags

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

President Beep posted:

i saw some dude walking down the sidewalk yesterday wearing a Q hoodie.

fake edit: my monitor was on, tyvm.

lmao

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

my cousin who is a doctor caught it and had to spend three weeks in the basement by himself to avoid infecting his family thinks covid is overblown

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Fame Douglas posted:

this is the best poast you've ever made

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Fame Douglas posted:

i thought we didn't call those drinks that anymore

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

oh I saw a poster this weekend for an event that's basically a catholic church back the blue rally and that's pretty much the most fascist thing I can think of

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

church near me has the annual abortion graveyard out. definitely not anything else important that's killing people right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Cat Face Joe posted:

church near me has the annual abortion graveyard out. definitely not anything else important that's killing people right now

lol man gently caress all of those people